Laughing City
TheClassicRomance
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
..unless it's duplicitous and passive aggressive?? You never know with people these days... they say they are doing one thing and it turns out to be something else completely in the end... Confused

Laughing Oh, my word. You made me laugh.

It was genuine, I swear!

Now I'm gonna be paranoid about sounding passive aggressive! Wink
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

What's best for Eisley, the fans and the DuPrees isn't always the same thing. Piperjay23, you must be more of a fan of the DuPrees than you are of Eisley. You want Eisley to change into a different band so the DuPrees will be ok. I don't care about the DuPrees. If Sherri were to ingest a dangerous amount of shrooms just to write some cool Eisley songs, I'm fine with that. I like Eisley the way it is and if it crashes and burns, well that sucks but as a fan I can always safely jump ship. If you keep rocking the boat the DuPrees will realize that Eisley is just a silly dream and wake up but not to morph into your idea of a perfect pro bland (the Bridges may be more your thing) but to just quit altogether. So shush!

But seriously I want the best for the DuPrees and Eisley too but I'm not going to pretend that I know enough to tell them that they should do this and should do that. Actually I probably have.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

One difference in the members of Eisley and bands like Radiohead (or other elder bands) is that it is a different generation. When they were teens there wasn't an internet (or if there was back then, not a widely used one).

Would it be far fetched to think there would have been some real depressing Thom Yorke blog entries in his youth?

Piperjay - you must be happy that a U2 tour is coming about and you can actually see them instead of trying to make Eisley into U2. Wink

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
One difference in the members of Eisley and bands like Radiohead (or other elder bands) is that it is a different generation. When they were teens there wasn't an internet (or if there was back then, not a widely used one).

Would it be far fetched to think there would have been some real depressing Thom Yorke blog entries in his youth?

Piperjay - you must be happy that a U2 tour is coming about and you can actually see them instead of trying to make Eisley into U2. Wink

Bigideas, I have been lurking for sometime here and haven't posted in a looong time (one day). I have kept quiet because historically I have a tendancy to focus on what can be done better or different versus what has been done well. Call it a flaw or an atribute, but I'm a fixer.

The merits of bigideas are obvious...we know what bigideas does well. But what about the things bigideas so obviously needs to do better....

I think your post was the culmination of the greater challenges with bigideas in your current form. Poor text, rusty, not well-rehearsed, weak english, etc. Yes, the new concept was very good. Yes, seeing bigideas post again was great. But after such a long layoff with a highly anticipated one-off, don't you think bigideas should have been MUCH better prepared?

In a recent post it was made known that Radiohead didn't have the internet when they started....wait...what? These folks are English rockers. Self promotion is a fundemental tenent of their political platform. No internet? How is that a wise business decision on any front?

We know too much about bigideas personal life. Bigideas needs to withdrawal and protect bigideas inner workings. Create some mystique and be prepared to present more posts as a consumate professional on the LC. Bigideas is not a kid anymore. Bigideas is getting married and having kids of his own. It is time to leave the nest and start treating this venture as a carreer.

Bigideas needs to become a LOT more professional on all fronts. The talent and words are there, but it will not sustain bigideas life and his families if bigideas keeps acting like some kid poster.

And before anyone lectures me on the challenges of supporting an internet message board in the modern era and the cost of internet...stop. I own a small business that generates a lot less revenue than bigideas. And my family and all my employees have a company sponsored isp. It's not rocket science. It's a little less time blogging from coffee shops and a lot more time blogging from your kitchen.

Too soon?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing

... what will blow over sooner, this or Swine Flu hype??? My money is on H1N1...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

uh...mr pine

The OP was piperjay23 not bigideas. Smile
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

OK. I'm not much at debating... hate to talk politics, finances, etc. However, though some of the points in the original post may have some basis in reality... Eisley is Eisley, and we love them for it. I've been to a live Eisley concert in Detroit, and will go to as many more as I can get to. Was the sound good?.. not really... did the band play all my favorite songs?... no.... did they make any mistakes?... yep... DID I LOVE IT?

YOU BET Very Happy If I wanted to listen to perfection, I'd stay home and put on an Eisley CD. Do i like hearing from the band members and their family and friends?.. very much! That's what makes Eisley Eisley, and that's why we love them~ they're not perfect, they are like us (but MUCH more talented!! Wink ) and we love them all even more for it...

Great response, by the way, Boyd. Eisley is the best... we all hope that Eisley can be financially self-supporting and eventually very financially successful for THEIR sakes-- because that way they can continue to make the music that we all love! I'm not a starry-eyed teenage fan-- Sheeri knows me... I'm a 52 year old college graduate dad (and wiill grandfather in Nov.) with a ten year old daughter, a mortgage, a (wonderful Wink )wife (allso a college grad) , we both have good jobs, with very respectable salaries, BUT... we have tons of credit card debt, we're struggling to pay off bills from the oldest daughter's college and wedding... bills from medical issues, even WITH good health insurance.The house needs repairs and remodeling we can't afford right now, my car has a leaky head gasket and the AC doesn't work... can't afford the get them fixed because I opted for new tires (family safety), instead. Some nights I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling and wonder how I'm going to pay the bills, why I can't afford to take my wife and daughter on a REAL vacation, why I can't buy my family nicer things,...

But we work hard, we're happy, we love each other, and we love Eisley for who they are and all that they do, and we love all the Dupree's associated with it.. Love

OK, I guess I'm done now... Wink sorry... Embarassed

Last edited by Dan and Sam on Fri May 08, 2009 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
uh...mr pine

yeah i know. i was directing it to big ideas post above mine. but i should of directed it to piperjay. that would of been funnier!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
uh...mr pine

for real what is going on.......is that Alice over there...(down the rabbit hole)...

piperjay23
Sea Post King

This is still a forum about Eisley...right?

Just checking.

And someone accused me of being over-invested? Sure.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

That was me! Wink
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

that was a great post mr pine Smile
I'm in the mood to write satire... Laughing

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wow? was wil smith (the cliff clavin of the LC) *edit* and guitargirl? the only ones who got was I was doing?

I fail at internet humour.

wilsmith wrote:

Last edited by mr pine on Fri May 08, 2009 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

piperjay23 wrote:
This is still a forum about Eisley...right?

Just checking.

And someone accused me of being over-invested? Sure.

Very Happy

The forum is about Eisley, but this thread is about You, or should I say your perspective?

You may just be the Al Queda of Laughing City right now, as you anticipated I'm sure. For a second I caught myself thinking... "Is this brilliant reverse psychology at work???" The easiest way to unify people is to post an external threat far removed from other parties who are at odds with each other over tertiary things, like politics etc. And yeah, we've been treading water doing just that for months. The Baylor show and your post have galvanized the die-hards something fierce.

Maybe Al Queda is a little strong, maybe you are the Ann Coulter of the board?

Or... you are the Cartman of the board right now!

How do you see yourself in this situation?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Fri May 08, 2009 5:59 am; edited 2 times in total
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

mr pine wrote:
wow? was wil smith (the cliff clavin of the LC) the only one who got was I was doing?

I fail at internet humour.

I got it...Smile (points to post above yours)

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger