Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
Some place like ... Cheers!!

Ok, I am done with the Cliff Clavin references. for now.

Yeah, I was just gonna say something regretful about bringing that up... but at least it's not some stupid Jiggy with it reference Willenium, Wild Wild West etc etc etc, the dude just refused to cut me any slack with his career choices in the 90's, and the 1000s of other Wil(l) Smiths out there, like my dad and grandad (RIP).

But it's true, I am a know it all and an A-hole at times (youngest child, only boy, it just couldn't be avoided). So, I appreciate the humor, the joke can go on for as long as anyone likes, cause that was a funny show, funny character, and no one is singing the songs the older kids made up about me when I was in middle school to the melody of Pretty Woman, that SUCKED (cause it WAS funny, and totally at my expense, and without any iota of my consent or acceptance). Plus I wasnt clever enough to come up with a comeback, and they might have beat me down if I'd gone Spock on em' (Go See Star Trek, trust me on that one Wink ).

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Don't fret. John Ratzenberger was in The Empire Strikes Back for crying out loud. he is super cool.

Of course, most kids now know him as the voice of a million pixar characters. But still.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

piperjay23 wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

How do you see yourself in this situation?

But I'm comfortable with it...whatever it is.

if a really rough looking pregnant woman asked you if she looked pretty what would you say?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Shocked

Laughing

*and I know I should be ashamed..., cause the first thing I said when I read that comment was "JESUS!"

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:

if a really rough looking pregnant woman asked you if she looked pretty what would you say?

Laughing Are you comparing Eisley to a rough looking pregnant woman? Laughing Album 3 is the baby then?

I'd say "Why yes. Now play Lady of the Wood! Lady of the Wood! Lady of the Wood!"

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
Album 3 is the baby then?
"

The Baby ?
Shocked

Let's not bring that album up again! i knew what album you meant, i was trying to be funny incase you didnt know

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
bigideas wrote:

Laughing Are you comparing Eisley to a rough looking pregnant woman? Laughing Album 3 is the baby then?

I'd say "Why yes. Now play Lady of the Wood! Lady of the Wood! Lady of the Wood!"

uhm, I just though it was a hypothetical tact test... a really cutting one at that, but a legitimate question all the same, at least rhetorically.

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Do you guys still want this thread open? Confused

I tried to put an end to it and ask that we not beat up the OP and just move on but I don't want to lock it if you guys are still enjoying this conversation.

BTW....you all are so smart. I'm not even joking.
The way you all converse is a real treat to read.

Anyway....I loved Dan and Sam's post. I kinda teared up reading it. I won't go into details but I could seriously relate.

You all let me know if this needs to shut down, or if you all are still treating each other respectfully. Smile Wink

I'm gonna watch a movie with my man. Smile
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Do you guys still want this thread open? Confused

I tried to put an end to it and ask that we not beat up the OP and just move on but I don't want to lock it if you guys are still enjoying this conversation.

BTW....you all are so smart. I'm not even joking.
The way you all converse is a real treat to read.

Anyway....I loved Dan and Sam's post. I kinda teared up reading it. I won't go into details but I could seriously relate.

You all let me know if this needs to shut down, or if you all are still treating each other respectfully. Smile Wink

I'm gonna watch a movie with my man. Smile

I vote we leave it open. I'm enjoying the conversation. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

piperjay23 wrote:
And in another way, much of the "hate" I have gotten might simply be because some people here have posted 10,000 times and have yet to say anything thought provoking or useful to or about the band. They hate me because they can't articulate a meaningful thought outside of what bagel they had for breakfast or what crap homemade song they just put up on myspace.

So you're smarter than the rest of us who don't express their opinions or express them properly? Got it.

So what? So what that people talk about nothing? It's a daily thing anyways. I always talk with my family and friends about nothing. Isn't that what a forum is for? It's not to always articulate every thing you've ever thought about and write it out for everyone to read it.

I do understand the "withdrawing" thing. I get that we know too much about them, but really, isn't that one of the biggest selling points of them? To me, it is. If they weren't as open as they are, I don't know if I would be as big of fan as I am.

And honestly, I think it has to do with that I come from a family that is very open. We talk about anything and everything. And so it makes it comfortable.

I don't listen or enjoy a ton of artists that are famous because they don't actually care about their fans or take time to talk to them or, heck, even update them on the happs with their music. Would you rather Eisley grow oversized ego's and never talk or glance at another fan again? I sure don't.

Like other's have said, yes, they've let us into their world, but just because we "think" we know them better than we actually do doesn't give anyone the right to tell them how to handle their finances or how to conduct themselves. It's all about relationships.

Would you randomly go up to someone you've never met before and tell them what you think about how they live their life, just by seeing a glimpse of their routine on a weekly basis? Heck no, that'd be rude and outlandish.

I can't understand how someone could say they're a such a huge fan of a certain artist or band when they want them to change so much to where it wouldn't even be th same. That's like, if I said I was a fan of Briteny Spears, but hate the way she portrays and conducts herself. It contradicts itself, because most musicians are who they are, even on stage.

It's like a tv show. It's been on air for over 10 years and then all of sudden, they switch the cast, all new stars come in to portray these characters that you've watched and that you've grown to love and have grown with. That wouldn't settle well with the viewers, now, would it?

Same goes for Eisley, there's a reason they have the fanbase they do. It's because they don't let things, like, egos and being somewhat famous get in the way of their mission. Making music for people who truly enjoy it. And their background and lives have always come with it.

The difference between Eisley and other musicians is, Eisley doesn't sell out. They do what they do and do it the best to their ability.

They get out the info before other's have the chance to. On everything, actually. Albums being recording/released, marriages, selling equipment for extra cash, going to the local starbucks and just hanging out, heartbreak and anything and everything else.

I think the reason I'm such an avid fan is because they're real. There's no veil with them hiding behind analyzing every move before they make it or any information they put out. They aren't fake, by any means, and they are so humble.

If anything, the blame goes on the fans who abuse that privilege of being in the know. I feel so blessed and privileged to have found a band that actually takes to heart messages that were sent their way, letting them know that we, the fans, are by their side for better or worse. That when they hurt, we hurt. When they overcome a trial or something huge happens, we all celebrate with them. It's not the most useful way to use your time, but I think it's pretty dang special and I cherish it.

Sorry if this sounds dorky.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Last edited by The_Paronomasial_Mattoid on Sat May 09, 2009 6:32 am; edited 2 times in total
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Dorky? No way! I think you nailed it! Especially that last paragraph! It made me want to cry! Smile
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Okay, not everyone may relate to this but...

I've gone to different churches in my life, some very small (40 regular members) and some large in comparison (500 regular members). In those churches everyone recognized each other, but may not have really known each other, but when ever there was a struggle, great success, or sudden crisis, we'd often be told and asked to pray with that in mind, via a bulletin article, an announcement, or as we gathered in a bible study. The fraternity of church membership is what facilitated that.

Now, my current church is not making it's budget, we have old building in need of repairs, we are not growing at a rate that we would hope after years of guest speakers promoting methods to reach out. It's humbling and uncomfortable when our Preacher brings these things up and challenges us to be more engaged and involved. But, the church is a Non-Profit Organization, so it's a business, but it's a Family Business. That difference leaves us room to be informal, talk about our personal troubles, and treat finances as a secondary concern, with our peace of mind, and the conditions of our souls (or being in good spirits for those who poo poo souls) coming first. That doesn't doom them to failure, and that doesn't mean success is going to require dramatic change and compromise. Sometimes all that's needed is confidence, perseverance, and a willingness to embrace what you have, and it's value and finding a way to make that sustainable as is.

So, I think Eisley's relationship with it's fans reminds me of my church. My church is anchored by families, and their efforts to encourage one another, and support each other when necessary and possible. I think we fellowship together through sharing the music, and these communications, so things get personal. Some people leave churches because they feel like their business is public knowledge, but I think it's public judgment that people are really uncomfortable with. If Christian churches treated everyone's missteps with the love Jesus requires, no one would ever feel that way, but Christians are human, so we judge at times. So I get how disclosures might be off-putting to some. Thing is, in church you can't be edified, forgiven, or even understood, if you don't share what you are going through. So, you have to be open, because you know you are loved, and that love will carry you when you feel like you can't make it on your own.

Side Note:

And then there is this part of me that thinks about how at 14 I was so mortified by the pain of Tori Amos's past that I was apprehensive to listen to her music. And of course there are people who sing along to Me and a Gun. I got over the apprehension, but that song still haunts me and I skip it. And then there's God which is equally powerful, and potentially just as disturbing. I think it's one of the best pieces of music from the 90's, but it's challenging and deeply personal. Does that fact that these disclosures are couched in songs change their impact when compared to an online journal entry?

PS

On this and related subjects (Music Business, Artists Personal Lives affected by it, fans understanding or lack of understanding about how those two are connected) You should REALLY check out All We Are Saying directed by Rosanna Arquette, here's the only clip I could track down, but it's a good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX55Bhb2Jv0
in it a WB artist (Amanda Ghost) discusses what it was like when and after she got signed...
and here are the Artists in the movie who openly discuss their public and private lives as musicians and members of families or choosing not to have one for the sake of their careers:

Louis Freese ... B-Real - Himself

Burt Bacharach ... Himself
André Benjamin ... Himself

Mary J. Blige ... Herself
Boy George ... Himself

Elvis Costello ... Himself

David Crosby ... Himself

Sheryl Crow ... Herself
Larry Muggerud ... DJ Muggs - Himself
Dean DeLeo ... Himself
Robert DeLeo ... Himself

Perry Farrell ... Himself
Flea ... Himself
Bob Forrest ... Himself
Peter Gabriel ... Himself
Amanda Ghost ... Herself
Alison Goldfrapp ... Herself
Kim Gordon ... Herself

Macy Gray ... Herself
Will Gregory ... Himself
Merle Haggard ... Himself
Ben Harper ... Himself

Deborah Harry ... Herself
Don Henley ... Himself
Mark Hudson ... Himself
Chrissie Hynde ... Herself
Jimmy Iovine ... Himself
Iggy Pop ... Himself

Elton John ... Himself
Rickie Lee Jones ... Herself

Maynard James Keenan ... Himself
Anthony Kiedis ... Himself
Sean Lennon ... Himself
Annie Lennox ... Herself
Los Lonely Boys ... Themselves
Shelby Lynne ... Herself

Marilyn Manson ... Himself
Joni Mitchell ... Herself
Thurston Moore ... Himself
Graham Nash ... Himself

Willie Nelson ... Himself
Stevie Nicks ... Herself
Yoko Ono ... Herself
Tom Petty ... Himself
Chris Robinson ... Himself
Patti Scialfa ... Herself

Patti Smith ... Herself

Gwen Stefani ... Herself

Sting ... Himself
Serj Tankian ... Himself

Steven Tyler ... Himself
Will i Am ... Himself
Nancy Wilson ... Herself
Thom Yorke ... Himself

Last edited by wilsmith on Sat May 09, 2009 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
piperjay23
Sea Post King

Dorky? I wouldn't say so, but a few here have accused me of trying to be more interested in the Duprees than I am in Eisley. And while that certainly is not true in my case, I would caution many of you to realize the distinction. As much as they care about the fans, you're not invited to Christmas dinner. So get back on point.

I am not smarter than anyone here. I would never claim to be. It's odd that people can't hold an intelligent conversation or banter without trying to undermine someone by calling them elitist or arrogant. That is so French Revolution. Get over yourselves.

My point was that when I do visit here, it is relevant to the product that I PAY MONEY TO HEAR AND SEE!

This is not about some pregnant woman on the street, or a group of family members or friends, but a commoditized product called music. Like it or not, that's what Eisley is to me at the end of the day. Part of my spectrum of music that I pay money to enjoy. I am a paying customer. And a fan. How dare you accuse me of not being one. As if I or anyone here has free time to lurk about on the net in some random forum.

Yes, I like to feel more connected to them and that feels good. Yes, I admire them for making a family band something that has broad appeal. And yes, I feel it is my right as a paying customer to have an opinion. If they couldn't take the heat, they wouldn't open themselves up on stage the way they do. Or charge admission, or charge for their CD's. Instead, they would play privately in the parlor of the family home on holidays and Sunday afternoons while going to college or working jobs or doing whatever else it was that was leading them to the endgame called a "career."

And for those that have said I want to make them something different or something they are not....NO. I want to see them grow and evolve into what it is they are capable of becoming...musically (and organizationally, Eisley Inc. if you will). They are very good now, damn good in my opinion. But they haven't peaked. They are bubbling over with potential and they can and hopefully will be something outstanding in the future. I'm talking headlining Coachella, Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame outstanding. But there are challenges to overcome and lessons to learn. And I think the issue with the health of their dear mother (Happy Mother's Day Kimbertones) and the challenges with the live one-off at Baylor probably accelerated their learning curve a bit faster than they would have hoped or anticipated. I was simply trying to summarize and encapsulate those points of progress on this forum.

I also acknowledge that many here perhaps don't want them to blow up like I have described hear and several times in the past. You call it "selling out".... no such thing folks. Only bands with platinum albums can sell out by lending their tunes to a car commercial perhaps. But a group of youngsters (of whom some probably still live at home?) can't really sell out. All they can do is SELL. The means to an end. They deserve millions upon millions of dollars for having the ability to compose a melody, write a lyric and lead us all in a rousing chorus that puts hairs on the back of our neck. Most people can't come close to accomplishing that. Those that can deserve everything and anything that comes their way $$$. But like a pro athlete (despite the God-given talent) must lift weights and jog countless miles to be prepared for the big show, Eisley must hone their chops and be ready to blow the doors off any venue, anytime...at the drop of a hat.

Sometimes I think uber fans have the same effect as the guy in that movie Boxing Helena. If you've seen it, you know what I mean. Eisley can't stay this way forever. Get used to change. They will grow and they will attract more fans. And those fans will be just as important as you all are today.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Everything you said registers deeply with me, and I particularly want YOU to check out All We Are Saying cause I think you will really "get it" based on your standpoint.

Now, I have to confront something you and I diverge on, but should understand equally.

A: I think we, and a few others are many years removed from college age (17-25 to be fair) and our views on music and commerce may be a little skewed. Age ISN'T a determining factor, but it contributes, so Please folks don't take me as being Ageist. Maybe I'm Experienceist though.

B: I worked in College Radio, and Mom and Pop music retail managment, and then as a live sound technician, and concert promoter for NPOs, and later a freelance music journalist, so my perspective on the Music Business if a little biased, but well informed.

That leads me to 1 question, the one I ask myself about Every band I want to champion, or have championed:

What do you think they, and you as a fan, should do if they don't blow up?

Half my music collection is made of up bands who "failed" by that standard, I watched the shop I worked in wither and fade because the proprietor was a fan of music, understood commerce, but could not compete with Hastings and Wal-Mart because they Embraced commerce first, diversity and quality second. Commodifying Music and Art is a slippery slope, and in the end you don't always get to the top.

Change is natural, I think some of the more protective fans just don't want to see the band be compromised into changes for the sake of commercial success that aren't really what their hearts are into. But we have no way of knowing that if they don't tell us. Fact is, they could have been aching to do some crazy Art Rock Metal, but shelved it cause the fans or WB wouldn't like it based on what has gone over well before.

So, I think a fair amount of fans want to hear the songs Eisley records that THEY like, not that WB thinks are singles or hits, and share that music with us. In that equation the middle man is the Facilitator of Commercial success. Keep in mind labels frequently shelve the work of artists they feel are commercially unviable, even if it's some of their best, simply because they contractually have the power to do so. Then they drop the band, wait for them to do something successful, and release that material later as a cash grab to ride the success of the artist's hard work. Labels aren't always this cold, but those practices are par for the course. For bands that may potentially have Niche audiences, such an event is a tragedy.

The other problem with music as a commodity is it becomes disposable immediately. A friend of mine explained that Americal Idol was designed to provide that kind of music and artist on the cheap, and with a built in audience, sans the A & R work. So far it's done as well as the music industry in mass has. So, how reasonable is it to want a band to be something that is on the way out (successful artists making their own music), because they've found a more practical and profitable business strategy:

Find performers who will voluntarily give up their artist rights for free
Promoting on Commercial TV, make money of that production
sign them to short term, low profit contracts
have them perform songs that you own, by songwriters on your payroll
release them from their contracts when they do not blow up
move on to the next artist

and then there is the alternative strategy the use:

Find bands and artists that will promote themselves relentlessly without label support via online resources and touring
Contract them, and their material and intellectual property in a 360 deal.
Give them slightly more television exposure, rerelease their best material.
Watch to see if they "blow up" and continue promotion if so
If they fail, drop them from the label, move on to next artist with over 2 million views on Myspace and 10000 facebook friends.

I am not totally against majors, they do take in "Legacy" artists from time to time, well after the bloom is off the rose, and that's commendable, but the bands we hope will be "Legacy" artists are always one layoff in management away from being dropped from their label and on their own.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

piperjay23 wrote:
As much as they care about the fans, you're not invited to Christmas dinner. So get back on point.

Never said I was, buddy. And that is the point. Fans come first. Just because one fan doesn't like the way they carry themselves doesn't mean they should become reclusive and only write songs. That's not why most of us are here. Why change a good thing if it's reeled in committed fans? Don't fix something if it's not broken. Eisley is not broken. Not even close.

piperjay23 wrote:
I am not smarter than anyone here. I would never claim to be. It's odd that people can't hold an intelligent conversation or banter without trying to undermine someone by calling them elitist or arrogant. That is so French Revolution. Get over yourselves.

My point was that when I do visit here, it is relevant to the product that I PAY MONEY TO HEAR AND SEE!

This is not about some pregnant woman on the street, or a group of family members or friends, but a commoditized product called music. Like it or not, that's what Eisley is to me at the end of the day. Part of my spectrum of music that I pay money to enjoy. I am a paying customer. And a fan. How dare you accuse me of not being one. As if I or anyone here has free time to lurk about on the net in some random forum.

Yes, I like to feel more connected to them and that feels good. Yes, I admire them for making a family band something that has broad appeal. And yes, I feel it is my right as a paying customer to have an opinion. If they couldn't take the heat, they wouldn't open themselves up on stage the way they do. Or charge admission, or charge for their CD's. Instead, they would play privately in the parlor of the family home on holidays and Sunday afternoons while going to college or working jobs or doing whatever else it was that was leading them to the endgame called a "career."

And for those that have said I want to make them something different or something they are not....NO. I want to see them grow and evolve into what it is they are capable of becoming...musically (and organizationally, Eisley Inc. if you will). They are very good now, damn good in my opinion. But they haven't peaked. They are bubbling over with potential and they can and hopefully will be something outstanding in the future. I'm talking headlining Coachella, Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame outstanding. But there are challenges to overcome and lessons to learn. And I think the issue with the health of their dear mother (Happy Mother's Day Kimbertones) and the challenges with the live one-off at Baylor probably accelerated their learning curve a bit faster than they would have hoped or anticipated. I was simply trying to summarize and encapsulate those points of progress on this forum.

That's not at all the way your original post came across. It came across as "I know what you should be doing, so do it." And it's kind of sad that Eisley is just music to you. That's not what they are, without the people, there wouldn't be an Eisley. And I didn't mean the "not being a fan" thing the way it sounded. It wasn't so much accusing you of not being a fan, as much as stating a point. Sorry if that came off the wrong way. I should probably rephrase that.

piperjay23 wrote:
I also acknowledge that many here perhaps don't want them to blow up like I have described hear and several times in the past. You call it "selling out".... no such thing folks. Only bands with platinum albums can sell out by lending their tunes to a car commercial perhaps. But a group of youngsters (of whom some probably still live at home?) can't really sell out. All they can do is SELL. The means to an end. They deserve millions upon millions of dollars for having the ability to compose a melody, write a lyric and lead us all in a rousing chorus that puts hairs on the back of our neck. Most people can't come close to accomplishing that. Those that can deserve everything and anything that comes their way $$$. But like a pro athlete (despite the God-given talent) must lift weights and jog countless miles to be prepared for the big show, Eisley must hone their chops and be ready to blow the doors off any venue, anytime...at the drop of a hat.

Um...really? I've got two words for you, buddy; "Room Noises". Don't get me wrong, I LOVE RN, but as it's been stated, it was WB's album, not Eisley's. I'm not saying they sold out, as much as, they were sold out by WB. They were short ended on that album and are just now breaking outside of that tiny box that WB put them into when WB made Eisley record that album.

piperjay23 wrote:
Sometimes I think uber fans have the same effect as the guy in that movie Boxing Helena. If you've seen it, you know what I mean. Eisley can't stay this way forever. Get used to change. They will grow and they will attract more fans. And those fans will be just as important as you all are today.

I want to them to grow, so much. However, I don't want them to grow if it means they blow up and fade out like so many bands do and then they're back to where they started or further even. And I'd rather that the fans that are brought in continue to be committed and not like most of the fans that only like you because you're "big" for right now. Those aren't fans, those are scenesters. I will say, that the day Eisley gets big, is the day that I start to worry about how the media will treat their music. I would love to be able to walk into a store and hear them being played all the time, but not at the expense of them just being the new "flavor of the month".

One thing, that is also really cool about Eisley, is that, because the public doesn't really know about them, we, the fans, get to spread the word about them. And not always, but usually, you bring in atleast one new fan.

I have a friend that heard of Eisley because of me, and she went to my first Eisley concert with me. After a while, she seemed to loose interest in them, and I thought she didn't like them anymore. I found out, like, last week, that they're still one of her favorite bands; in the top 5 actually. I was very surprised and very happy.

wilsmith wrote:

Louis Freese ... B-Real - Himself

Burt Bacharach ... Himself
André Benjamin ... Himself

Mary J. Blige ... Herself
Boy George ... Himself

Elvis Costello ... Himself

David Crosby ... Himself

Sheryl Crow ... Herself
Larry Muggerud ... DJ Muggs - Himself
Dean DeLeo ... Himself
Robert DeLeo ... Himself

Perry Farrell ... Himself
Flea ... Himself
Bob Forrest ... Himself
Peter Gabriel ... Himself
Amanda Ghost ... Herself
Alison Goldfrapp ... Herself
Kim Gordon ... Herself

Macy Gray ... Herself
Will Gregory ... Himself
Merle Haggard ... Himself
Ben Harper ... Himself

Deborah Harry ... Herself
Don Henley ... Himself
Mark Hudson ... Himself
Chrissie Hynde ... Herself
Jimmy Iovine ... Himself
Iggy Pop ... Himself

Elton John ... Himself
Rickie Lee Jones ... Herself

Maynard James Keenan ... Himself
Anthony Kiedis ... Himself
Sean Lennon ... Himself
Annie Lennox ... Herself
Los Lonely Boys ... Themselves
Shelby Lynne ... Herself

Marilyn Manson ... Himself
Joni Mitchell ... Herself
Thurston Moore ... Himself
Graham Nash ... Himself

Willie Nelson ... Himself
Stevie Nicks ... Herself
Yoko Ono ... Herself
Tom Petty ... Himself
Chris Robinson ... Himself
Patti Scialfa ... Herself

Patti Smith ... Herself

Gwen Stefani ... Herself

Sting ... Himself
Serj Tankian ... Himself

Steven Tyler ... Himself
Will i Am ... Himself
Nancy Wilson ... Herself
Thom Yorke ... Himself

I'm not talking about these types of artists. A lot of these are still pretty much, indie. Of course not all are. I was more refering to the music that is popular now and always lingering on the radio. Rap and all that jazz. And the likes of most of the "pop" music out there. A lot of those people on the list aren't "big" as much as "classic", too.

Most indie artists are like Eisley, in the way that honestly do care about their fans. But Eisley is still the most humble and nicest, that I've seen, in a long while.

Also - you forgot to put Imogen Heap on that list. She's secluded, but just enough. The process of her making her new album has been very long but she's really kept her fans in the loop.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Last edited by The_Paronomasial_Mattoid on Sat May 09, 2009 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total