Laughing City
marshking
Sea Post King

I drove the 6+ hours from my town in Mississippi to New Orleans for the show. Unfortunately, due to an all ages show curfew the bands all had to cut songs... Eisley went from 11 to 7 songs...

Apparently they weren't supposed to be cut so much, but Moneen (who were obnoxious and overrated) played too long! Ugh!

They played:

ICBT4U
Mr. Pine
The Valley
Invasion
Ambulance
Golly Sandra
Many Funerals

They left out Marvy Things Sad, Telescope Eyes, I Wasn't Prepared, and Smarter.

The sound wasn't so great but they didn't have much time to work it out cause of the rush. Seems like the management of The Republic in New Orleans wasn't so great, and the sound people sucked. It seemed like none of the bands were too thrilled with the people running the venue, but what do I know just being an observer?

Miniature Tigers were AMAZING. So fresh and fun. I got a good video of Eisley singing "Coyote" with them, I'll upload it later.

Moneen was pretty typical and expected. Not bad at all--good musicians. The drummer was good looking, at least. The guitarist with dreadlocks was good. Singer--just mediocre live.

Eisley was amazing like they've always been. No complaints, nothing.

Say Anything was profound. Seriously, a lot of the elitist Eisley fans turn their noses up and get all "better than thou" with Say Anything and other non-obscure non-indie hipster bands, but Say Anything can but on a damn good show. Max is so charismatic and NICE to the fans. Sherri and Max's interaction during "Cemetery" is so sweet and sincere, too.

Like always, meeting Eisley was easy and they were awesome. It's harder to get up with them when they headline, but the merch booth meet-n-greet at these shows where they're an opening act is so effective. I saw so many new fans won over that were so eager to meet them and get things signed.

Chauntelle and I talked about the new record and she said she sings full chorus in a song (YES!), and I had the biggest grin.

I showed Sherri my tattoo I got with 10 Cent Blues lyrics and one of her owl drawings, and the girls all loved it. Stacy said, "I love that so much I want to get it!" haha.

Boyd took a photo and posted it to their twitter later. That made my night.

Anyways, it was a lot of fun!

(The pic Boyd took via flashlight and iPhone Very Happy)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
alinicole
Sea Post King

Quote:
Say Anything was profound. Seriously, a lot of the elitist Eisley fans turn their noses up and get all "better than thou" with Say Anything and other non-obscure non-indie hipster bands

You can like say anything, fine, not judging you. But don't judge the Eisley fans that DON'T like them and think it's only because SA aren't "indie" and that we think we're too good to listen to them. Perhaps we just don't like the music.

Anyway, glad you had a good time.

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
Quote:
Say Anything was profound. Seriously, a lot of the elitist Eisley fans turn their noses up and get all "better than thou" with Say Anything and other non-obscure non-indie hipster bands

You can like say anything, fine, not judging you. But don't judge the Eisley fans that DON'T like them and think it's only because SA aren't "indie" and that we think we're too good to listen to them. Perhaps we just don't like the music.

Thank YOU!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

My picture was on their twitter too! Back at the Philly show. I'm going to post the interview within the next few days.

I liked Say Anything a lot. I've always been a fan, but this show made me really like them and I can't stop listening to their new CD.
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

marshking wrote:

Miniature Tigers were AMAZING. So fresh and fun. I got a good video of Eisley singing "Coyote" with them, I'll upload it later.

I'm stoked to see that you recorded that. I've been waiting for a video of them on the song to pop up. Nice work!

marshking
Sea Post King

tragedienne wrote:
Quote:

I actually wasn't referring to anyone on Laughing City--I was talking about a handful of my friends in the real world, not on a forum.

And I wasn't judging "the Eisley fans that DON'T like them," I was talking specifically about those Eisley fans who do not like SA merely for the reasons I gave. I know two people who've told me they dislike SA merely because of Max's voice/vocal style. And I know a few people who just don't "feel" the lyrics.

But as far as the pretentious side of things goes--it does exist. And I wasn't talking about YOU (because I don't know YOU or anyone else on this forum, minus like Jamie), I was talking about friends in my city in my world outside of the interwebz.

Jeez, my bad.

& If it doesn't apply to you, why did you get offended?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marshking
Sea Post King

Pantheon4 wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
Quote:

Thank YOU!

AGAIN--I said "The elitist Eisley fans." If you're not an elitist, pretentious Eisley fan, I wasn't talking about you.

Dear lord, I was really referring to three of my best friends in real life, Haley, Brooke, and Sam.

They're the kind of snobs that completely drop a band off their radar once the band starts selling records and getting a big fanbase. I love them to death as my buds, but I hate that kind of pretentiousness.

Really, I wasn't trying to offend anyone on here. We all know the kind of people I'm talking about--and I wasn't talking about you or that other person. Or any Eisley fans on LC for that matter. Sincerely!

I manage to offend someone on here every time I post, and I don't even mean to haha Sad. I think I've posted a total of like 200 times since 05. Crying or Very sad

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Sounds like a good time was had despite the shortened set. Looking forward to the video. Cool
alinicole
Sea Post King

marshking wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
Quote:

I actually wasn't referring to anyone on Laughing City--I was talking about a handful of my friends in the real world, not on a forum.

And I wasn't judging "the Eisley fans that DON'T like them," I was talking specifically about those Eisley fans who do not like SA merely for the reasons I gave. I know two people who've told me they dislike SA merely because of Max's voice/vocal style. And I know a few people who just don't "feel" the lyrics.

But as far as the pretentious side of things goes--it does exist. And I wasn't talking about YOU (because I don't know YOU or anyone else on this forum, minus like Jamie), I was talking about friends in my city in my world outside of the interwebz.

Jeez, my bad.

My bad? it's not like I can know you were referring to a few people you know in real life when you never said that, right? I assumed you were referring to people on this forum simply because I've already seen several people say things like that on here about those of us who don't like SA. I've seen it on other forums, too - like absolutepunk. Just look at my post as a general statement towards the people that DO think that, not a direct response to only your comment since you've clarified that it was only about a few friends of yours.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
marshking wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
Quote:

Jeez, my bad.

My bad? it's not like I can know you were referring to a few people you know in real life when you never said that, right? I assumed you were referring to people on this forum simply because I've already seen several people say things like that on here about those of us who don't like SA. I've seen it on other forums, too - like absolutepunk. Just look at my post as a general statement towards the people that DO think that, not a direct response to only your comment since you've clarified that it was only about a few friends of yours.

It's called a hastily concocted cover, you should try it sometime.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
marshking
Sea Post King

Some people on this forumn are just completely rude.

There was no hasty cover story.

This is why I never post. Eisley is a huge part of my life, and I check LC daily because of my desire to be in the know, but members of this forum like to be sarcastic jerks.

I just want to love my favorite band and post on the band's forum without being attacked.

(glad to be at an understanding w/the first person I offended. I'm sorry if you felt like I was talking about anyone on here. Sincerely.)

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
Some people on this forumn are just completely rude.

There was no hasty cover story.

This is why I never post. Eisley is a huge part of my life, and I check LC daily because of my desire to be in the know, but members of this forum like to be sarcastic jerks.

I just want to love my favorite band and post on the band's forum without being attacked.

(glad to be at an understanding w/the first person I offended. I'm sorry if you felt like I was talking about anyone on here. Sincerely.)

You can like say anything, fine, not judging you. But don't judge the Eisley fans that ARE sarcastic jerks and think it's only because they're just completely rude by nature. Perhaps we just don't like other Eisley fans.

I'm kidding, by the way.

People just get defensive. It happens all the time in any context, but it's probably worse in a forum like this because you don't have the immediate back-and-forth of a real conversation.

In a conversation you'd have made your comment and somebody would have responded with something like, "I'm not elitist, I just don't like their music." To which you would have responded, "well, I was mostly referring to some of my friends." And then everything would have been OK.

I imagine some people are particularly defensive because they want to make sure that you and everybody else knows that they are NOT elitist. They want us to know that they judge every band and song on artistic and creative merit solely AND are completely independent of any bias.

Either that or they really are just jerks. Hard to tell sometimes.

Personally, I am often very biased, occasionally elitist, and sometimes a jerk.

Seriously though, you have a few options. One, carefully read over your posts to ensure that you won't offend anybody. Make sure there is evidence to support your facts and make sure opinions are clearly labeled as opinions. Two, stop posting altogether. Three, post whatever you want don't give a damn what anybody says or thinks. I use all three depending on my mood.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
marshking
Sea Post King

Rmlawrence, I really like you. I don't think you even meant to, but you made me feel much better. Your explainations are spot on. Thanks haha.
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

marshking wrote:
Rmlawrence, I really like you. I don't think you even meant to, but you made me feel much better. Your explainations are spot on. Thanks haha.

Glad to help Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Glad this all worked out. Smile

Have you posted any of your videos yet?