Laughing City
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

I do interviews with bands for my school's TV station, and I was lucky enough to get a chance to interview Sherri, Stacy, and Chauntelle earlier this month. We talked about women in music, and things were brought up such as: how they with the amount of criticism they get online, how they deal with their relationships in the media, and the role models young girls have today. There are also clips from Smarter, The Valley, and Ambulance. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfW7HSIOI8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVD2Rfby5RE

Also, my mic wasn't working so we improvised later with the editing (which took 11 hours!).
alinicole
Sea Post King

cool, thanks for posting! we really need more eisley interviews. but ones like this where all the questions aren't "SO YOU GUYS ARE FAMILY AND IN A BAND... WHAT'S THAT LIKE?!"
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Do u ever get in fights?>? Laughing
Vintage Newbie

Well thought out questions. Nice interview. Smile And enjoyed the responses and musical cut aways. Well done! And for Chauntelle to give props to Heart surprised me, but definitely agreed.
olimario
Laughing Citizen

The last Eisley concert I was able to attend was back in 2003 or 2004 I think? Maybe earlier. It was electric. People were jumping around and moving to the beat. A really fantastic time.

The crowd at the start of that first video... How depressing... People are just standing and staring...
nico
Sea Post King

Great interview. I threw the links up on the facebook page, and I think Sherri tweeted about it too.
Joined: 23 Jul 2007 | Posts: 55 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Thanks for the interview. It feels like forever since we last got to watch an Eisley interview!
Catey
Lost at Forum

olimario wrote:
The last Eisley concert I was able to attend was back in 2003 or 2004 I think? Maybe earlier. It was electric. People were jumping around and moving to the beat. A really fantastic time.

The crowd at the start of that first video... How depressing... People are just standing and staring...

Well I mean the band are performing 'Ambulance' its hardly a jump around and move song. Plus you have to consider probably half or 3/4's of the fans were purely there for SA.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

tragedienne wrote:
cool, thanks for posting! we really need more eisley interviews. but ones like this where all the questions aren't "SO YOU GUYS ARE FAMILY AND IN A BAND... WHAT'S THAT LIKE?!"
So true! Smile
pzy
Wookie Luke

I really liked this interview. Great questions! Too bad about the mic issues, but I cranked my volume and was able to make everything out clearly.

I hope you get the opportunity to do more!

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

ghost in the snow wrote:

I do interviews with bands for my school's TV station, and I was lucky enough to get a chance to interview Sherri, Stacy, and Chauntelle earlier this month. We talked about women in music, and things were brought up such as: how they with the amount of criticism they get online, how they deal with their relationships in the media, and the role models young girls have today. There are also clips from Smarter, The Valley, and Ambulance. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfW7HSIOI8
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVD2Rfby5RE

Also, my mic wasn't working so we improvised later with the editing (which took 11 hours!).

No offence, but has anyone told you that you look like Claire's lesbian roommate?

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Well thought out questions. Nice interview. Smile And enjoyed the responses and musical cut aways. Well done! And for Chauntelle to give props to Heart surprised me, but definitely agreed.

Me too, good call Chauntelle. Although they got WAY off base about what that question intended! Laughing It's like they like went like on a like enormous like tangent. They always entertain, that bunch.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:

No offence, but has anyone told you that you look like Claire's lesbian roommate?

Heh, I was thinking that too.

grain thrower wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

Me too, good call Chauntelle. Although they got WAY off base about what that question intended! Laughing It's like they like went like on a like enormous like tangent. They always entertain, that bunch.

Yeah that was cool. They may have heard about them from when they were preping for the Seattle/Mateo/sypmphony show since Heart did that show a year or two before then. Heart was really great, well up until the 80's I mean. Some awesome hard rock songs from the 70's: Magic Man, Crazy On You, Barracuda, Little Queen, Heartless, Straight On, Mistral Wind <epic vid. But they had some folksy songs too: Dog and the Butterfly and Dreamboat Annie <extremely short but sweet vid, nice harmonies.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

No offense, but has anyone told you that you look like Claire's lesbian roommate?

Haha, Madeline Zima, I thought that, as well.

However, the interview was one of the best that I've seen with them in a while.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

No offense, but has anyone told you that you look like Claire's lesbian roommate?

Haha, Madeline Zima, I thought that, as well.

However, the interview was one of the best that I've seen with them in a while.

Haha, wow. I don't see the resemblance at all, but I guess I probably wouldn't. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but I'm hoping good!

Thank you guys for your compliments. It was really a dream come true to be able to interview them, and they were such sweet people! They let us keep all our heavy equipment backstage during the show and then Sherri helped us backstage again after to get it. We saw them multiple times and they said hi each time. Also, I loved the lithograph and told Sherri that, and she gave me a free one and a free EP because I didn't have enough cash! They also said after that they appreciated the questions we asked a lot, because they are asked the same ones over and over again, and never get to talk about a lot of the issues we brought up.

By far the nicest people we've interviewed yet!