Laughing City
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

FrancescaEVR wrote:
kLafied wrote:
I'm really annoyed; I emailed MerchNOW a few days ago to cancel my purchase and then they replied back for the order number (which I don't have because if anyone remembers, I must have wrote the email in wrong when I was ordering so now I cannot check my order status) so instead the asked for the last 4 digits of my credit card. I gave it to them, then saw this thread and how the CDs WON'T be given out the 16th so I quickly emailed back an asked them to forget the cancellation if possible, but now it's been says and I can't hear back from them. The only email I keep receiving is a request for the order number which I don't have! And I know my order existed at least at one point because I emailed them earlier about the email mishap and they told me my order was fine. Bah! My pre-order is in limbo right now Sad

Your pre-order is fine Smile Not canceled. I checked with MerchNow.

Thanks Very Happy And I think I have been misunderstood (again.) I wasn't mad at evr, I was just saying how annoyed I was at myself mostly for writing the wrong email; it made everything way more stressful. People on here get judgmental easily!

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

kLafied wrote:
I wasn't mad at evr, I was just saying how annoyed I was at myself mostly for writing the wrong email; it made everything way more stressful. People on here get judgmental easily!

I think you were fine this go around. This was more the fault of "The Circumstances" (not to be confused with "The Situation") than any particular party. It made sense to me, and Mr. Pine implied a similar understanding as the one you just mentioned up there.

It just seems everything is Fair Game on this board for discussion/ criticism. We are like those old guys in the balcony on the muppets anymore.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:
kLafied wrote:
I wasn't mad at evr, I was just saying how annoyed I was at myself mostly for writing the wrong email; it made everything way more stressful. People on here get judgmental easily!

I think you were fine this go around. This more "The Circumstances" (not to be confused with "The Situation") than any particular party. It made sense to me, and Mr. Pine implied the a similar understand and the one put out there just there.

It just seems everything is Fair Game on this board for discussion/ criticism. We are like those old guys in the balcony on the muppets anymore.

Hahah, yeah, seriously!

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

how can you agree with that?
his first paragraph didn't make any sense. Wink

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
how can you agree with that?
his first paragraph didn't make any sense. Wink

WOW Shocked You ain't kiddin Exclamation Time to go edit!!! Embarassed Laughing

I think the amended subject of my post explains it all. The LC is haunted and I must have gotten possessed by some poster who left this life with diminished grammatical & typing skills, or someone was shaking that discman I have for a brain while I was typing, so hard that I can't remember it happening. Confused

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

if only our lives could have an edit button.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^No KIDDING & AMEN* Exclamation

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Yes be Kind.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Nowhere Man wrote:
Yes be Kind.

Hey! what were you doing in my kitchen with a camera?

That's classic.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

+ 1 and then some Very Happy Laughing Mr. Green

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Sorry to get back on topic Wink

I'm a bit confused, because Kim and the band are really acting like they are going to start selling the album today at shows...even this morning/last night on Twitter. Francesca had said not until the 24th several times, right?
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

This is pure uninformed theory, but I did notice that EVR didn't react to the intimation that the band would have some copies early and would be quietly selling them to attendees at the shows before release date, until LC gleefully and flagrantly started moving to set up nationwide distribution based on exploiting the quiet early sales by the band at shows.

Not hating, just anticipating how it might look to EVR. I know it was completely innocent and well intended (this being LC, of course), but it might have put EVR in an awkward position.

Maybe they were cool enough to give Eisley a little fun flexibility (in recognition that no-one is actually going to die because a few copies got out early), but had to squelch things getting out of hand.

Hardly fair to expect release date compliance from retailers when you are tacitly blessing early distribution through alternate channels. Shows are one thing... nationwide mail order? Not fair play.

Think about it... "we want you to carry our record, but you can't sell it until 3/1- we, however will mail order it to anyone in your market who wants it starting 2/17".... good luck with that.
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

I totally sympathize with EVR and the situation, but seeing as how I would buy 5 copies on this tour were it coming to my *state*, it's still a major bummer to have people be like, "tralalala we got The Valley early tralalala!" Luckies Laughing
norad
Vintage Newbie

The vinyl is on Amazon and the deluxe edition is available for pre-order on iTunes.
http://strangeyellowpatternsdotcom.tumblr.com/post/3327319413/order-th e-valley-standard-digital-physical-deluxe
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

I'm really damn confused. They're still saying all over Facebook and Twitter that they're being sold tonight at the show. There's no reason EVR should come on here and say they "aren't allowed to sell them before the 22nd" and the band is consistently saying otherwise.

Confirmation, please?
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger