Laughing City
RamensBane
Sea Post King

I Wish...

This song has been haunting me for days. The chorus is one of the most brilliant things I've heard in a long time, it's just beautiful.

No album is perfect, but this one has so many perfect moments. It depresses me that more people don't appreciate what Eisley can do.
Caley
Lost at Forum

^I know what you mean. Someone was trying to "shame" me for saying Eisley was my favorite band. I just had to shrug my shoulders and tell them they're missing out.

But most people I've come across who hate on Eisley seem to have either heard ONE song (most likely TE) or NONE of their songs... Just cop to never listening to them instead of falling back on the "OMG, I HATE THEM!" approach.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

You know, I try to downplay it (and just did in another thread) but ... Eisley are my favorite band. I'm not too cool to admit it. People are silly, and if that makes me some loser to anyone, then I'm sorry they have such a problem with it. Nearly 8 years, 35+ shows and dozens of spectacular songs in, I'm pretty sure it's not just a mood or phase.

Yeah, I'm a mod and know the band, and I'm admitting that they're my favorites. Let me cash in all the "insider"/cool cred I might have. Confused

Anyway, back on topic: "Sad" and "Better Love" make me froth with joy.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

just watching the end of the 09' tour announcement video where stacy's playing ambulance. some of those parts are quite impressive

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

now to make enemies:

does anyone else hear a faint hint of No Doubt in parts of Watch it Die?

Not early, ska-purist no doubt, but the more subtle mid-era stuff-
Its the bass groove thats doing it.

To inspire more hate, I finally put my finger on what some of the verse sections of Oxygen Mask kept reminding me of-
I'm sure Eisley'd be irritated to hear me say it, but I detect the whimsical flourishes of Wish era cure in there somewhere.
I think its mostly just in the vocal melody of some parts.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
now to make enemies:

does anyone else hear a faint hint of No Doubt in parts of Watch it Die?

Not early, ska-purist no doubt, but the more subtle mid-era stuff-
Its the bass groove thats doing it
I was going to 'WTF', but I do a hear a lil' Tony Kanal in that bass line. But mostly I just hear what I imagine to be East Texas.
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

After one listen:

Favorite: "I Wish"
It's so good, I might even quote it in a facebook status. ("You're so profound but you're not found / And if I could, I'd just claim you")

Least: "Please"
Too disney for me at the moment.

But "Ambulance" is probably the greatest track on here.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I Wish is my new favourite (together with Kind and Please which I mentioned earlier)... I just never thought I'd find it so easy to relate to. These lyrics are brilliant Smile
Caley
Lost at Forum

So it seems like "I Wish" is a huge fan favorite! Awww yeah! It's weird though, none of the reviews I've read point it out like they do with Better Love.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Caley wrote:
So it seems like "I Wish" is a huge fan favorite! Awww yeah! It's weird though, none of the reviews I've read point it out like they do with Better Love.

I recall some dude mentioning that as his fave Wink

As far as No Doubt, I own Return of Saturn and it's a really good record as far as Alternative Pop Rock, and a good break-up album too, so I don't see any shame in that OR any comparison's to the Cure, unless it's in regards to hair and make-up.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Better Love is probably my least favorite on the album.
I think the acoustic version of 'Please' might be my favorite. Or 'Watch it Die'... or 'Kind'...
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I like "I Wish" but to be honest, I haven't mentioned it cause once I heard it full out it just struck me that it sounds so much like "Bloodsuckers" by David Garza to me that I compare the two, and I like "Bloodsuckers" more, though they're both great songs.

Okay, Hooray, I found it an Rhapsody, which you shuld be able to play with 25 free plays a month http://www.rhapsody.com/david-garza/tracks.html?sort=album&sortdir=asc &pagestart=50 it's towards the bottom on the Overdub track listing.

Don't anybody tell David Garza's people bout' it Wink

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:

...got a problem with that? Laughing
I don't know if its My fave, but its very good, call me what you will.

wilsmith wrote:

As far as No Doubt, I own Return of Saturn ..... and a good break-up album too,

if you're goal is to wallow in your sense of loss as much as you can, see how dysfunctional you can become, and potentially drive yourself into suicidal ideation, yeah... go ahead and listen to that album after a significant break up.

Its a good album to use for playing frisby with the dog with after a break up though... especially if it was her CD.
Don't ask me how I know Laughing Laughing
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Downloaded "The Valley", the delux edition from I-tunes this morning, and have been jamming it all day long! My favorite; the acoustic version of 'Smarter,' awesome beyond discription!! Very Happy
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

...got a problem with that? Laughing
I don't know if its My fave, but its very good, call me what you will.

wilsmith wrote:

As far as No Doubt, I own Return of Saturn ..... and a good break-up album too,

if you're goal is to wallow in your sense of loss as much as you can, see how dysfunctional you can become, and potentially drive yourself into suicidal ideation, yeah... go ahead and listen to that album after a significant break up.

Its a good album to use for playing frisby with the dog with after a break up though... especially if it was her CD.
Don't ask me how I know Laughing Laughing

^ I was the "some dude" I was given props to, shoulda posted it in Shameless I guess Confused

I didn't have a Dog, and I had the cd, so I've got the opposite opinion of the cd, and the more that I think about it, the more The Valley and the Return or Saturn are paralleling to me, as far as the eb & flow of energy and melancholy with the tracks. That's seriously got me tripping right now, a little to surreal to consider seriously.

One things for certain, Sherri's not bitter on the record at all, every criticism or reflection is thoughtful and usually pretty empathetic. It's the High Road everytime. Kill Em' With Kindness, Honestly being the best policy, and success being the best revenge in the end, I hope.

Last edited by wilsmith on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>