Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I like "Laugh It Off" a lot now that I've given it a few listens. One of the reasons I like Eisley as much as I do is just that it's (in my opinion) some of the best music to either exist in the background or to sing to. I like that the songs on this EP are a little underwhelming, because they'll probably age really well.

http://inconnumag.com
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
I like that the songs on this EP are a little underwhelming, because they'll probably age really well.

This
QFT
+1

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yeah, it took a couple listens to digest the songs. While "Deep Space" was the one that wowed me upon first listen, after a couple spins and a day later, "Laugh It Off" is moving to the top spot (between the two I haven't heard yet through live clips).

And it's not just making myself like it; I just heard more of the little things, understood more of the lyrics, appreciated the slight retro feel, etc. I love the "bury my heart" part with the woodwind-ish sound and harmonies.

Side note: I'm glad I just read a review that eisley tweeted that mentioned the Mars Volta, because on moments of the EP I definitely had "prog rock" thought in my head Laughing It's not, but it's definitely more moody in that style.
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Now that I've listened to it a couple of times, I have to say that it certainly gets me in the mood for new music. I wish it was longer though. Once I get through One Last Song, I'm expecting there to be more, but there isn't. The same thing happened when I got Fire Kite. I'll probably listen to it about a billion more times before the night is out. I like the songs, but I'm not in love with them yet, except 192 days, which I was already in love with. I'll probably re-burn my Eisley mix CD for my car with the new version of 192 Days in place of the demo, though the unclean feel has kind of grown on me.

Also, it should be pointed out how amusing it is that iTunes has no idea what to do with this CD:
And don't judge me for my music collection...

johnip
Vintage Newbie

OMG you listen to TMBG?? What a weirdo Razz

I still need to get the EP. I didn't realize it was coming out so soon.

Sea Post King

I'm really enjoying this CD right now. I had already listened to 192 days (the demo) and One Last Song like a million times apiece so the ones that I've really loved are the first three. My favorite song by far is Deep Space though.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Thoughts on production?

I definitely want a CD copy, but I'm hoping to find it at less than $10 and change, especially since The Valley was $7.99 opening week.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Love deep space and laugh it off. I especially like how laugh it off is a chill song, but not a sleeper. I love the guitars on deep space. Really this all makes me excited for lp4. Also, I'm a fan of 192 days now.

It's all different, but familiar at once. I think these are some of the boldest song eisley's put out, even more so than the valley. You can really hear that they're not holding back or worrying about what people will think here.

With that being said, I'm prepared for the haters. Hahaha kidding. Kind of, but really

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

I love the sound of the EP, but I don't think 192 Days fits at all. All of the other songs are mellow and atmospheric, and then there's this dumb little love song in the middle. I don't like the song at all.

But the rest of the EP is fantastic!
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Oh shizzle who let my id post in the LC just now?!? Laughing

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Streaming!

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2012/02/album-stream-eisley---de ep-space.html

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
olimario
Laughing Citizen

The first three songs do nothing for me.

It almost sounds like they turned some free-singing session into a few different songs. There's no hook. No strong melody. They just kind of drone.

192 Days is lovely.
'One Last Song' is a VERY strong track and will be the big keeper from this album.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

olimario wrote:
The first three songs do nothing for me.

It almost sounds like they turned some free-singing session into a few different songs. There's no hook. No strong melody. They just kind of drone.

192 Days is lovely.
'One Last Song' is a VERY strong track and will be the big keeper from this album.

And here it is =P

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Positive Opinions only!

I really like 2 of the 5 songs. That's positive!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Laughing you pretty much let us know you were going to vote down the "Butt-Rock" songs ahead of time, so points to you for staying consistent. Razz

Streaming isn't working for me, but USPS updated my deliver date to today and actually listed my local mailing post office as its 7:30am locale, and since mail doesn't leave the facility until 9am, perhaps I'll be getting an earful when I get off work today?!?!?

I was seriously bummed out (and then more bummed out that I would let it bum me out when I am in contact with kids who are suffering trauma 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week) at my Deeply Spacious mailbox yesterday.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>