Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
kLafied wrote:
Total it was telling me I would have to pay around $20 with shipping! Definitely not doing that, though I would love a hard copy. Why such expensive shipping?

$20 for the single CD? Or the bundle?
CD is $9.99 and shipping is $9+.
norad
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
norad wrote:
kLafied wrote:
Total it was telling me I would have to pay around $20 with shipping! Definitely not doing that, though I would love a hard copy. Why such expensive shipping?

$20 for the single CD? Or the bundle?

CD is $9.99 and shipping is $9+.

Oh what the crap. I totally read that wrong. Laughing I only saw "shipping" and now "with shipping". Laughing Laughing
sully_51
Golly, Poster

I wonder how limited the "Limited Edition" package is...it doesn't say how many.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i bought it all. le and copy of the cd.
cant wait

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ I am already preemptively judging you for being a male and owning the Paper Doll Stacy Print Razz

The shipping costs sting a bit, I'll admit it. I go through it every time Ty Tabor releases a cd. He puts them out on Molken Music, his friend Wally Farkas (of Galactic Cowboys) label. They price the cds at $13-$15 and charge about $5 for shipping. It's 1984 cd prices. But they don't sell them elsewhere, so you gotta play to play. On the flipside they offer digital downloads at what are standard prices, so it's like a tax you pay for having physical media, which incurs it's own costs.

And recently a few artists who were once on labels have adopted the $20 sticker price for pledging on a CD, that you wont get for nearly a year (some bands are budgeting in the costs of purchasing instruments for the entire recording ensemble into their campaigns... Unless they had to sell their gear in hard times, this just rings really disingenuous, like a retroactive attempt to recoup past loses, cause one of the prerequisites of being a professional musician is having minimal professional gear at all times. And in some cases these are touring pro musicians. At least be straight up and say you need money to pay off debts etc, rather than listing it as a recording cost or creating the impression that you need new gear for this recording as opposed to using what you already have, which seems self-indulgent. but hey everyone I can think that has irked me this way has met their goal with 1 exception, and they did a crap job of getting the word out on his campaign) . So at least with Sucre you know the CD is coming out in April, with songs you KNOW exist, and can hear a bit of to influence your decision!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Jeremy tweeted and said it was an error and they were working on it.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
^ I am already preemptively judging you for being a male and owning the Paper Doll Stacy Print Razz

yeah I am not too keen on a lot of the LE stuff. But it's the only way to get the vinyl copy. so...

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

heymela
Sea Post King

I wish they would sell just the vinyl because I don't want any of the other stuff in the package.

Also did they change the prices for shipping because I just checked it out and it's $18 to ship to Canada which is pretty reasonable because shipping to here from the US is always ridiculous.

kLafied
Laughing Citizen

Okay they got the shipping prices adjusted; now my total was $15.68. Much more reasonable, imo. Yay!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

And with that I'm off to by the cd now! Mr. Green

Oh, they are using Topspin, who did my Lovedrug orders, which got here lickety split & well packaged, expect good service!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Kayci
Golly, Poster

heymela wrote:
I wish they would sell just the vinyl because I don't want any of the other stuff in the package.

Also did they change the prices for shipping because I just checked it out and it's $18 to ship to Canada which is pretty reasonable because shipping to here from the US is always ridiculous.

If you're able to get a show, you can preorder just the vinyl for $15.
sully_51
Golly, Poster

I wonder if they will adjust the shipping prices for those of us who already ordered?
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Kayci wrote:
heymela wrote:

If you're able to get a show, you can preorder just the vinyl for $15.

that kind of sucks. I can't make it to the show. i also want a merriment cd.

i hope they sell them after the fact or something.

wilsmith wrote:

tungsten
Sea Post King

I assumed the only way to get the vinyl was the limited edition bundle. Being a guy, I wasn't thrilled about all of the stuff that came with it haha, but I think my sister will love it!
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

I'm with the rest of you dudes. I wanted the vinyl, so I shelled out the money for the LE, which is ridiculous. I will immediately throw away everything except the vinyl.

Oh well, I'm in love with Stacy, so she gets all my money.
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>