Laughing City
mandy
Sea Post King

Did they ever say 50-60 for the demos? Because for some reason that was the number I had in my head too and so I was trying to remember if that was ever written anywhere and changed or if you and I just had crazy similar assumptions..
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

well originally on the kickstarter page i'm pretty sure they said something to the affect of demos for ALL the songs they've released from every era plus a few more that didn't make the cut.

edit-

i could be wrong though, but when i tweeted sherri about it originally she said there'd be a lot. also, i asked her earlier today if the ICBTFY intro would be included, unfortunately they've never recorded it. =/

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

You are being asked to Give money and being rewarded with a gift from the band. You aren't actually buying the stuff outright. The pricing is actually pretty consistent with your typical PBS pledge-drive where you get a coffee mug and and sticker for $50.

I can't tell if you're saying this in a positive or negative way.

But, yes, PBS will give you a DVD that you can probably pick up for $15 dollars for your $100 pledge. Sometimes they have 'exclusive' items. I have enjoyed programs on PBS over the years, so I am glad it is being supported.

I think people assumed there would be 50-60 demos because iTunes has made the general public equate 1 song to = roughly $1. Yes/No?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing myself, so you're reading into my writing correctly. I'm ambivalent and uncomfortable, which I really don't like. But, it is what it is.

I had the 50-60 number in my head too, I'm starting to think someone mentioned it in passing, but there was no reason for me to think otherwise. And it's fair to consider the $1 a song deal as the norm, but again, this is a fundraiser, so that sort of goes out the window. It makes sense to assume otherwise, but given the circumstances...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
hallmark
Sea Post King

I think someone had to have mentioned the 50-60 number because that's what I had in my head too.

I do understand the pledge/fundraiser aspect of it, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed on finding out it's only going to be 15-20 demos.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i'm thinking that they deleted the original $50 demo tier. only 7 people are backing it now and i think the working is different.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
mandy
Sea Post King

I think you're right about the wording being different. I wonder what happened and why that one changed.

Somebody got the house show....nice...though really with 11 days to go and over $50,000 still to get pledged I'm stunned I still make it sound like we're going to get those things.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Looks the same to me. Most people that will shell out $50 for demos also want the EP, so there are a lot more at the $60 level with both.
hallmark
Sea Post King

I honestly don't think we need to worry about the Kickstarter not succeeding. I know plenty of people who don't meet their goals on there, so they cover the rest themselves. They want to keep all that money.
drinkthewater
Sea Post King

I don't think they deleted the original $50 tier. There were a lot more people doing the $60 one to get the EP also.

I remember someone asked Sherri about Lady of the Wood and she said it was likely that it would be in the demo bundle. As far as I remember, I never had a leaked demo of that. So that would be something new?
VietRebel
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
i'm thinking that they deleted the original $50 demo tier. only 7 people are backing it now and i think the working is different.

Or maybe some people, like myself, upped their original $50 pledge after they introduced the new more appealing rewards and bundles.

Christian
Sea Post King

Only 15-20 demos? Count me among those who thought we would be getting significantly more than that. I think it is the "decades" worth of demos that sounds misleading, even though I am sure that description is accurate.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Christian wrote:
Only 15-20 demos? Count me among those who thought we would be getting significantly more than that. I think it is the "decades" worth of demos that sounds misleading, even though I am sure that description is accurate.

Or maybe they don't actually have that many? Also, there's a chance some of them are really terrible. Cool
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i dont know i just counted my folder of the album that shall not be named, and i know some were just stacy and sherri demos. but it had like 30 tracks.

and that was from the combinations era.

do you think, if they dont reach the goal, that they will release the ep still?

i am not concerned about the demos. but the unreleased ep seems awesome

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
drinkthewater
Sea Post King

If the 15-20 is demos other than what was leaked, then I think it's still potentially a good deal. Maybe not the $50 package by itself, but in the other bundles I think it works out pretty fair.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>