Laughing City
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

hearing boyd cuss... hehehe... it is pretty funny...
abductee
Laughing Citizen

marv wrote:
You and your Shizzolator!
How many other message boards have you subjected to this?

Razz [/b]

you don't wanna know Wink

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

ilitherian wrote:
the thing about boyd cussing, that just made me crack up. i have never heard my dad cuss, but i imagine it would be similar.

The question is when haven't I heard my dad cuss. But try using that shizzolator on your college homepage. There's something about seeing "register yo' ass' fo' classes, you know what I'm saying." on my college homepage that makes me smile.

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Dang, my college page is all graphics, so nothing changes. And when I try my campus paper's site, it just pulls up this ancient version that hasn't been around in a year.

I never cuss, but man, my blog is funny reading it like Snoop Dogg wrote it. What a contrast ... made me laugh.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gRegor
the gEek

I <3 Internet translators. I've seen 'em do Mr. T, Elmer Fudd, and all sorts of other fun stuff.
Daniel Kraft
Sea Post King

I hesitate to even revive this post, but I just want to throw in something from the interstellar laws that we all agreed to when we registered. As much as I dislike cussing...

"All posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous,...,... material that may violate any applicable laws."

It may not violate any laws, but still we gotta think about kids that may be on this forum. Kids who look up to you. Kids who we want to live better than we do. The next generation will suffer from the mistakes of this one. We gotta clean things up...the price just isn't worth a laugh. That's why I hesitate to even revive this. Some may hate me for this and I'm sorry if you do. I'm not trying to be picky... just fair. That's all I ask. no reply necessary. Moderators could delete this thread and I would be totally fine with that. No problem. I love you all.

My Xangaaaaa...(Ricardo Mantaban)
http://www.xanga.com/Danelectro
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 193 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Silver Star Rain
Lost at Forum

Yes...think of the wee kiddies out there. 'Tis a very good point you make Kraft. And though it isn't that big of a deal to me what you post, I get more than enough of "de Snoop talk" here in the ATL. Ha...

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

Joined: 01 Sep 2003 | Posts: 1061 | Location: The Stoned Mountain
swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

I agree with you to a certain extent on the well being of those who look up to us. But seeing minor cussing on a web forum will not drive the youth of America to perform armed robbery and develope a 500 dollar a day coccaine habit. Worst case scenerio, it may lead to them snorting pixie sticks and a five juice box a day juicy juice addiction. But that's just my 17 year old opinion, but your post is appreciated.

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh
abductee
Laughing Citizen

wow... ... all I can say is lighten up... there was no vulgarity used with the snoop dog translator... it uses one minor cuss word in a very non-vulgar way... (it replaces the word 'stuff') I respect your opinion dude, but you've gotta pick your battles.

Also, kids hear worse on the schoolyard playground, much worse, and a majority of them don't turn out bad, or disillusioned... In my opinion, how you turn out is not subject to how many cuss words you're exposed to, it's a combination of your cultural morals as well as your parental/familial morals and upbringing ... but the parents etc have the bigger impact on a child than pop culture (for the most part). We would also be doing a disservice to the youth of anywhere if we were to shield them from the outside world to the extent that they have a skewed view of what reality is, that's not fair.

At any rate, what you're talking about (as far as 'cleaning things up' is concerned is deeper than cusswords, those are simply a superficial subject to focus on. Taking away all of the four letter words in the english language won't help anyone or anything, because it's not the root of any problem)...

hrm, anyway, I don't hate daniel, and I especially don't hate you, i'd even venture to say that I wub you Embarassed Razz then again i'm a bizarre guy heh

anyway, peace out…

Brian..

Oh and gregor, do you have links to those other translators? I’d be interested in them, especially the Mr. T one hehe
Mr. Green

Daniel Kraft
Sea Post King

ha ha ha! Same here. Good points made by all. Thanks for "feeling the love" and not goin all Darth Vader on me. I agree there is a deeper problem that we could use some clean up in, and I promise to keep my yard as clean as possible for the rest of you peeps in the hood! I wub you too.

-Mr. Kraft (ha ha ha...that's my dad's name.) Laughing

My Xangaaaaa...(Ricardo Mantaban)
http://www.xanga.com/Danelectro
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 193 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
abductee
Laughing Citizen

Daniel Kraft wrote:
ha ha ha! Same here. Good points made by all. Thanks for "feeling the love" and not goin all Darth Vader on me. I agree there is a deeper problem that we could use some clean up in, and I promise to keep my yard as clean as possible for the rest of you peeps in the hood! I wub you too.

-Mr. Kraft (ha ha ha...that's my dad's name.) Laughing

haha.. fo' shizzle mah nizzle Wink