7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
no
92%
 92%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 63

kyle
Lost at Forum

I had a fling with it the summer I was 18, the first time I tried it, I was like....... are you kidding? that's it?
I tried it a few more times, and I woke up one day, and was like, yeah it's fun to laugh a lot and act silly, but I really don't need an illegal substance to help me do that.
So, no, I don't anymore. Just seems a waste.

UselessHippo
Vintage Newbie

Posting a poll here about that is really quite stupid. Eisley fans seem to be of a 'higher' status per se. I mean that we're not the kids that are out getting 'wasted'. You know? Not a good sample population here bud, sorry.

As for myself, if I find out anyone close to me is smoking pot, I'd call the police on them. They'd hate me, but it's for their own good. Before you tell me personal choice, I'm sure you would agree it's my 'personal choice' to slit my wrists. So if someone near you was cutting, I'm sure you'd let it fly because it's a personal choice, right? Now, you're going to argue that the two are different.. they're not, they are both self destructive. Marijuana remains illegal for a reason.

Vintage Newbie

kyle wrote:

I tried it a few more times, and I woke up one day, and was like, yeah it's fun to laugh a lot and act silly, but I really don't need an illegal substance to help me do that.

haha, totally!

I always say that when I'm with my other half we just act so super strange it's like we're on some sort of drug, but the hardest one i've tried is pot, and she's never taken anything illegal.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
kyle
Lost at Forum

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
kyle wrote:

haha, totally!

I always say that when I'm with my other half we just act so super strange it's like we're on some sort of drug, but the hardest one i've tried is pot, and she's never taken anything illegal.

Same here!
Life is my preffered drug of choice Wink

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I agree with most everything robbie's last statement. But everyone (everyone is everyone, including you!) is already judging everyone else based on stuff. So I say "SO WHAT!" If you like what you're doing, why does it matter? I think that you should do whatever you want, BUT you should also accept the consequences of other people's perception of you. For instance, A few months ago my little sister started to imitate my wardrobe and music choices. And she couldn't take being called a devil worshipper, a witch, et cetera so she stopped wearing the clothes and a lot of her grief at her middle school went away. I, on the other hand, laugh off a lot of the comments, judgements and the stigmas that are attached to what I like. Does this mean that I'm depressed all the time, I cut my wrist, do every drug under the sun, kill cats, and drink blood? NO!!!!! But stereotypes is attached to the way I like to dress and the music I like. In fact, this morning I filled out my NCAA Tournament bracket. DUKE!!!!!!

Back on topic, I don't smoke weed. In high school I was friends with a bunch of people who would get high in school, and act like idiots. I thought it was funny. Rolling Eyes Laughing This one kid smoked in the silkscreening room and tried to wash the smell off with lacquer thinner-- it didn't work. He came out of the room after the teacher asked him why he was back in the room the day before Christmas vacation when no one else was printing. He was all " I was just washing my hands!" And I said dude, you smell like it. I think it would be an evasion to say "Racism has nothing to do with the stigma against marijuana!" Because when his dad showed up to get him from school he said "I told you about this $#!%! Only ****** smoke weed!"

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
Robbie's right.

Control the thing, don't be controlled by it.

unfortunately, if it's something like drugs or alcohol, it usually ends up in control because it's addictive. obviously, this doesn't happen to every single person who uses those substances, that's not what i'm saying. but there are plenty examples of people who develop very destructive habits because they just lose control.

i've never tried marijuana, and i have no desire to. that's not how i want to feel good.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I've tried pot a few times, but it made me really paranoid.
It's not for me.

Some of my friends have gotten really into it.
It's not any worse than drinking heavily, really.
I don't do either anymore.

It's a personal choice.
It's illegal...but so is driving over the speed limit.
Everyone has to decide for themselves what is right.
And most importantly..."why are you smoking pot?"
What are you getting out of it?
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

UselessHippo wrote:
So if someone near you was cutting, I'm sure you'd let it fly because it's a personal choice, right?

damn straight I would

judd
Sea Post King

<- straightedge boyeeee

and i've never had anything to drink or smoke ever.

i just think it's yucky.

most people i've met in college won't believe that i've never had anything to drink.

myspace.com/juddortiz
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

judd wrote:
<- straightedge boyeeee

Oh GOD! I've heard FlAVOR FLAV, comments all day.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i've tried it at parties and stuff but pretty much all i could think about when high was wanting to not be high. I don't care for it at all.

I do think it should be legalized though.. either legalize pot or make alcohol illegal along with pot. It's pretty hypocritical otherwise. I've known/know plenty of pot heads and alcoholics and from i've seen alcohol is orders of magnitude more damaging to lives.

CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

I've never been around it, and none of my friends do it. So I guess I'm kind of oblivious to it. Even if it was around, I would never, ever do it. Just something I've always been against. The end.
www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

neverknowsbest
Sea Post King

I tried a few times to form my own opinion...if that even makes sense

All I gotta say is that Iam glad i tried it to know first hand how big of a waste of time and money that is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PurpleCloud93
Lost at Forum

I have never tried it and never will. The thought sickens me.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

chasd00 wrote:
I do think it should be legalized though.. either legalize pot or make alcohol illegal along with pot. It's pretty hypocritical otherwise. I've known/know plenty of pot heads and alcoholics and from i've seen alcohol is orders of magnitude more damaging to lives.

At this point, I don't think it's as much to do with morals as economics. If we legalize marijuana, we could never really make it illegal because there will be jobs built around it, and major cash flowing in from it.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>