Laughing City

Should I go to school?
Yes, you lazy bum! Get up and make your bus!
34%
 34%  [ 11 ]
No, stay home and watch "The Lion King" on VHS!
65%
 65%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 32

Rb
Sea Post King

It is probably largely past the decision making time but in my opinion, skipping high school is good, it is a pointless, non-informative waste of time, and with that being said, I wished I had skipped more. Being in college now, which I enjoy oh so much more, is when you have to watch out on the skipping because way to much information is passed on through the hour you are in class.

If you are in HA or AP classes, you may not want to, otherwise go for it. You only have this time once :p

edit: ooops didn't read the other posts :p
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

skip!
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I slept through my alarm today and was late for one of my ensembles.

Honestly, I cried I was so frustrated with myself. I take school very seriously.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

Axon wrote:
Cegep? Is that like a halfway house for college?

I guess it's sort of like middle school in the States, except between high school and university. Apparently some people deemed the transition between high school and university too difficult, so they inserted cegep in the middle. It's the same format as university, except with smaller classes. Also, it's so easy I could cry. I'm excited/nervous for university next semester!
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

Also, to everyone saying that I should skip if I'm in high school, what high schools did/do you go to? My high school called your parents if you weren't in school, and they suspended you if you skipped without permission!
like sofia
Sea Post King

today i have no school
because of earthquakes

but I probably would go.

ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

I skipped class in high school all the time. But I got around it because I was on newspaper, so I just told my teachers I needed to do something for newspaper, and didn't go to class. But this didn't work everytime. Sometimes I just skipped, and then the school would call my house with this automated message telling your parents you missed one or more classes. But I figured out what time they usually called and I tried to pick up the phone before my parents did.

But be careful about skipping, because I find that if you skip a class once you end up never wanting to go to that class ever again. This always happens to me. I skip one class because I don't really feel like going, then the next time I have that same class I don't want to go because I feel like I missed a lot by not going to the previous class, and then I end up never feeling like going to that class. Skipping once just starts a vicious cycle for me. Is anyone else like this?

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

ladiosadice wrote:
Skipping once just starts a vicious cycle for me. Is anyone else like this?

It's addictive. I got awful with it in college.

But generally, grades improve without skipping. So I tired to remember that it was beneficial to show up.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

Skipping classes once in a while keeps me alive.

Of course, most of my classes this semester are once a week 3-hour blocks, so if I miss a class, I miss A LOT.

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I HATE three hour classes! I had two last semester, but I withdrew from one. This semester my longest is 1 hour 20 minutes. Any longer and I would revolt!

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rb
Sea Post King

Miss Pine wrote:
Axon wrote:
Cegep? Is that like a halfway house for college?

I guess it's sort of like middle school in the States, except between high school and university. Apparently some people deemed the transition between high school and university too difficult, so they inserted cegep in the middle. It's the same format as university, except with smaller classes. Also, it's so easy I could cry. I'm excited/nervous for university next semester!

Sounds like a Junior College to me ;]
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
I HATE three hour classes! I had two last semester, but I withdrew from one. This semester my longest is 1 hour 20 minutes. Any longer and I would revolt!

Some classes do not need to be three hours long. My photography class was and we did NOTHING. My Graphic Design was, too, and we got so bored.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

Kylee Janai wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Some classes do not need to be three hours long. My photography class was and we did NOTHING. My Graphic Design was, too, and we got so bored.

Exactly. If the teacher lets you leave early when everything is finished, then ok, I can live with that. But last semester I had a teacher that would take points from your grade if you left "early," which became very vague. It was really difficult deciding when it was ok to leave. I like teachers that are explicit and detailed in their instruction...and sensitive to the needs of their students. I have a teacher now that asks us if the due date is too soon several times over the course of a project. I appreciate that thoughtfulness.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

Exactly. If the teacher lets you leave early when everything is finished, then ok, I can live with that. But last semester I had a teacher that would take points from your grade if you left "early," which became very vague. It was really difficult deciding when it was ok to leave. I like teachers that are explicit and detailed in their instruction...and sensitive to the needs of their students. I have a teacher now that asks us if the due date is too soon several times over the course of a project. I appreciate that thoughtfulness.

Which is totally like high-school, I think. We pay for these classes, soo we should leave whenever we feel necessary. Now, I think students should have respect if the teacher is still teaching, or something, but most of the time everyone is hanging around or something and the teacher is in their office falling fast asleep. My Digital Imaging teacher is like that, and I am so grateful because the projects take a lot of time. She is in no rush, and that's just awesome.
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

Miss Pine wrote:
Also, to everyone saying that I should skip if I'm in high school, what high schools did/do you go to? My high school called your parents if you weren't in school, and they suspended you if you skipped without permission!

for my high school it was very easy to get away with it, because the school would have an automated message call home but it was always the same time the day after you skipped 7:20 p.m. exactly. except fridays skip u got the call monday, so I would just answer the phone at that time.

as for being suspended, instead of that you were given after school detention which was also easy to avoid since 90% of the teachers would check up to see if you were marked down as being there, for the ones that did I'd go sign in and then say I had a report and asked to go to the library, in which I'd actually just go home.

It's all about knowing how the system works and manipulate it.

Doing it in college as someone else said is addicting though, and you never do as good no matter what.

When I fly solo, I fly so high.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>