Laughing City
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

emilytheanteater wrote:
inorbit wrote:
emilytheanteater wrote:
yeah. eisley is so different from any other music i've ever heard. since i've been a fan, i haven't heard any other bands'songs that sound even remotely like eisley. as boyd says with their old motto, "A special kind of music is for you..." Wink

Part of it is that Eisley is pretty original, but the other part of it, I imagine, is that you are young.

oh probably...i'm only 18, so i haven't really listened to music fm the 60's, 70's, 80's 90's... but i do agree that eisley is REALLY orginal

...I Re-read my post; that sounded condescending didn't it. Sorry. Wasn't intended to.

Eisley's music (especially the best of their earlier stuff) seems to connect more to their influence's influences than a lot of their stated/compared influences, though, Some of it might not be stuff that many of their fans these days have listened to much. Not sure the connections I hear most strongly in Eisley's music are ones the band is even consciously aware of (although I wouldn't make any assumptions), but the heritage is definitely there, if by generation skipping recessive gene inheritance. The music is original, but it does have a historical context, stylistically, in my opinion. In fact, to me it recaptures a sensibility that's been missing from most popular music for a while and does something with it.

Anyway, I found Boyd's post encouraging, for several reasons. Eisley came along (as far as I knew about them anyway) not that long after the demise of 16 Deluxe, another of my all-time favourites. When they signed to Warner, I thought "there goes another one". I have to admit I quit paying a lot of attention for a while. It great to hear about them taking (or keeping) hold of ownership of their goals and destiny. I hope they'll be around for a long time (and there aren't many artists around these days I can honestly say that about).
kristal
Sea Post King

i bet asia would like eisley.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 104 | Location: los angeles, ca
ks1990
Lost at Forum

yay Boyd's post seemed quite promising about Eisley touring outside the US. Very Happy ^_^
And yeah, i too think they should do an EP with Lady of the wood and ICBT4U and a few new tracks maybe. I know WB probs want new material, but I don't think there should be a rush to get LP3 out. Not now anyways.
kellyvsshark
Sea Post King

Eisley & the Shins would make me die a happy teenager.
seansy
Sea Post King

If they were still around I think Eisley would have been great as maybe an opening act for the Beatles. I consider Eisley the female Beatles (except Garron and Weston Shocked ). Both of them have, amazing harmonies, and a relaxing, yet diverse vibe. On an off note Sherri stated in an interview to have done a Beatle cover in the past. And if anyone can help me i would absolutely love to hear it, or at least which song it was. Laughing
magiugacire
Sea Post King

Eisley should tour with Mae, Vedera, and Between the Trees. That would be the ultimate tour.

Also, I think Eisley should be one of the headlining bands for the main stage on next year's Projekt Revoution 2009. That would totally rock.

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I'd love to see them open for Keane or Great Northern. I think they have a similar sound to Eisley. Or maybe A Fine Frenzy? I think her fans would like Eisley.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

magiugacire wrote:
Eisley should tour with Mae, Vedera, and Between the Trees. That would be the ultimate tour.

Also, I think Eisley should be one of the headlining bands for the main stage on next year's Projekt Revoution 2009. That would totally rock.

Yeah, i definitely think they should tour with Vedera again. Kristen May is just too awsome for words.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

grain thrower wrote:

Anyway, I liked Boyd's post. I liked Sherri's post (from 5/26). I liked how they reaffirm what seems to be the Eisley Principle - "make a special kind of music... (for you)." In all it makes me even more eager to hear what they come up with next. Drop the breadcrumbs, I'll follow them.

Same here. This totally put some needed fuel on my personal Eisley flame. Sounds like they are going back to the roots of the spirit and method that helped them to built themselves up so much thus far. I'm definitely ready for some new "special music." Can't wait to see what's to come. Smile
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

seansy wrote:
If they were still around I think Eisley would have been great as maybe an opening act for the Beatles. I consider Eisley the female Beatles (except Garron and Weston Shocked ). Both of them have, amazing harmonies, and a relaxing, yet diverse vibe. On an off note Sherri stated in an interview to have done a Beatle cover in the past. And if anyone can help me i would absolutely love to hear it, or at least which song it was. Laughing

First, Eisley opening for The Beatles would of course be flipping amazing if it were possible, haha.

Second, the cover she was talking about was "In My Life" but it's just one girl (I think Chauntelle?) and a guitar. It's pretty basic, and really rough, probably recorded on the computer or something. But it's lovely. But I'm not sure if I can post it here because I don't know if it's stolen or not and it's not on SYP.

EDIT: Actually I don't think it was Chauntelle, I just thought I read that somewhere. It sounds kind of like Stacy, but it's tough to tell.
stumple13
Sea Post King

I personally thought Mute Math wasnt a bad match,they are both great bands. And the show was really really good for both bands.
Vedera was also pretty sweet.
I think Eisley should play with Sigur ros,or travis or something
i dont really care,i just wanna see Eisley again
seansy
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
seansy wrote:

First, Eisley opening for The Beatles would of course be flipping amazing if it were possible, haha.

Second, the cover she was talking about was "In My Life" but it's just one girl (I think Chauntelle?) and a guitar. It's pretty basic, and really rough, probably recorded on the computer or something. But it's lovely. But I'm not sure if I can post it here because I don't know if it's stolen or not and it's not on SYP.

EDIT: Actually I don't think it was Chauntelle, I just thought I read that somewhere. It sounds kind of like Stacy, but it's tough to tell.

Thanks a lot for the info i love the song "In My Life" by the Beatles. I had a feeling it would be one of the chiller songs such as that, or Norwegian Wood. And i understand you not wanting to post it, its cool. Smile
Jared x
Lost at Forum

uncreative wrote:

It's Chauntelle.

crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

sukieinthe_g wrote:
Quote:
And there will undoubtedly be more touring. This year. If so, with other
bands... bigger bands; time to reach out beyond our base. No more touring
w/ punk bands, harder rock bands. From now on, only tours that absolutely
make complete sense. Make sense?

this was the exact part i was going to quote in this thread..and then i saw your post and was like...YES.

i think it's about time! get my moniez worth when i go see eisley along with a band i will most likely enjoy.
(not to say i haven't enjoyed some of the bands they've toured with..ie. wesley jensen!)
i'm excited though.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

seansy wrote:

i read somewhere that they covered I'm Only Sleeping live, but i think this was early early in the band. as far as finding proof i have no idea where i read that. it was probably mentioned somewhere on an older moss eisley website or in an old old interview.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>