Laughing City
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Check out this guy:
Quote:
http://www.kottke.org/09/02/truly-limited-edition-music

Truly limited edition music

Drummer Josh Freese is releasing his second solo album in eleven different limited-edition packages. The $75,000 option includes:

-T-shirt
-Go on tour with Josh for a few days.
-Have Josh write, record and release a 5 song EP about you and your life story.
-Take home any of his drumsets (only one but you can choose which one.)
-Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from TOOL's Lamborgini OR play quarters and then hop on the Ouija board for a while.
-Josh will join your band for a month...play shows, record, party with groupies, etc....
-If you don't have a band he'll be your personal assistant for a month (4 day work weeks, 10 am to 4 pm)
-Take a limo down to Tijuana and he'll show you how it's done (what that means exactly we can't legally get into here)
-If you don't live in Southern California (but are a US resident) he'll come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks.

Oh yeah, and the music on CD or via download.
More options here: http://joshfreese.com/
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Laughing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Change all the names to Eisley, and it's perfect!

Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
muffinbreath
Sea Post King

I called in to request "Many Funerals" on my college radio station today. They played "Marvelous Things" though cuz its the only song they had.
So I'm burning a whole compilation of Eisley music so that they can play it on the air now. :]
Also, I'm taking a journalism class so that I will be allowed to have my own radio time. And guess what that means? Brainwashing my peers with Eisley music.
woot!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Good move on the Journalism class (btw most mass comm classes are pretty easy). Getting a regular show on college radio is format, so you'll typically only get two songs an hour to put in your own preference or call in request if I remember correctly.

Now if you get a specialty show... you get to play Whatever You Want. They're typically on after 9 and on weekends. The guy who's show was after mine (I did a hip hop to trip hop to alternative) did 2 hours of King's X when they were playing a nearby town. That might have been the only time King's X ever got played at that station up til then. I ended up becoming a legit fan of them as a result. That, my friends, is the power of a specialty show! Cool

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
muffinbreath
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Good move on the Journalism class (btw most mass comm classes are pretty easy). Getting a regular show on college radio is format, so you'll typically only get two songs an hour to put in your own preference or call in request if I remember correctly.

Now if you get a specialty show... you get to play Whatever You Want. They're typically on after 9 and on weekends. The guy who's show was after mine (I did a hip hop to trip hop to alternative) did 2 hours of King's X when they were playing a nearby town. That might have been the only time King's X ever got played at that station up til then. I ended up becoming a legit fan of them as a result. That, my friends, is the power of a specialty show! Cool

o.... our's works different. we get to play whatever we want, specialty show or not. :] that's why you never know if you're gonna want to listen to our station or not cuz it could be 2 hours of music in another language. :]
anyways, yeah journalism should be really really easy, especially compared to the classes i've already taken, so i'm not worried about that at all. i have zero interest in journalism. i'm just doing it to get my radio time. woot!
now i just gotta think of a cool alias.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

That's pretty sweet. It's like a community radio station set up. Very very cool, and potentially very uncool. I don't want to say something corny like "Rock On!" or whatever, but, I found it was really fun (funner with cohost to banter with) so enjoy! You'll miss it when it's gone.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Learning about journalism is a very worthy endeavor, methinks. Never hurts to be more informed, and learning about the informers helps a lot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Learning about journalism is a very worthy endeavor, methinks. Never hurts to be more informed, and learning about the informers helps a lot.

muffinbreath
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:

o, journalism is very very important. i'm just not interesting in pursuing any kind of career in journalism. guess i said that wrong. i do have interest in journalism, just not doing it. haha
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

A webisode of the kids recording in the studio is up on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyooALwfxO8

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

Nowhere Man wrote:
A webisode of the kids recording in the studio is up on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyooALwfxO8

and i was really excited for a moment there, too. Embarassed

-Mae West