Laughing City

You?
Waiting for the new LP THE VALLEY to be released in stores.
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Already heard most of it.
88%
 88%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 42

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

CBmp3 wrote:
boone wrote:
Self-imposed embargo.

I want my first listen to be on wax. So I'm going to hold out for the record to show up.

I hope nobody did that regarding Combinations.

(haha) Wink

I don't think blasting WB will ever go out of style 'round these halls. Laughing

CBmp3
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:
CBmp3 wrote:
boone wrote:
Self-imposed embargo.

I want my first listen to be on wax. So I'm going to hold out for the record to show up.

(haha) Wink

I don't think blasting WB will ever go out of style 'round these halls. Laughing

I honestly wasn't implying any hate towards WB. It just struck me as something funny.

C'mon.
Can't you picture someone sitting in their room with the thought that they're not going to check out the new Eisley record until the vinyl is released...and then nearly four years go by and they're still waiting for the vinyl release.?

I mean, that's funny...right?

In a related note, that would be really nice to see an LP of that one.

boone
Vintage Newbie

Problem solved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Congratulations
Sea Post King

boone wrote:

Haha, awesome.

I used to have a fairly regular ritual where I'd go to Tower Records and be in line at midnight to buy an album I was really excited about. Then I'd drive around and listen to it in the car.

I kind of miss that, but streaming a new album is a lot more convenient. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

CBmp3 wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
CBmp3 wrote:
boone wrote:
Self-imposed embargo.

(haha) Wink

I honestly wasn't implying any hate towards WB. It just struck me as something funny.

C'mon.
Can't you picture someone sitting in their room with the thought that they're not going to check out the new Eisley record until the vinyl is released...and then nearly four years go by and they're still waiting for the vinyl release.?

I mean, that's funny...right?

In a related note, that would be really nice to see an LP of that one.

Absolutely that's funny, I knew what you meant. Smile

It's also funny that WB thought The Valley had no potential. Now that's hysterical.

Nope, never going out of style.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:

15K Shocked It Should come with a diamond tipped stylus, not sapphire, plus gold and platinum discs Exclamation

I love how they qualified their statement "similar to that of commercially cut vinyl"

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

This album is just smooth sailing on the awesome seas for me! Okay, that was a pathetic metaphor, but whatever, these tracks are hitting me so hard! Makes me feel so much better about crappy situations I've been through.
boone
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
boone wrote:

15K Shocked It Should come with a diamond tipped stylus, not sapphire, plus gold and platinum discs Exclamation

I love how they qualified their statement "similar to that of commercially cut vinyl"

Well, mass produced vinyl is cut to a metal disc with a machine that's gotta be over $100,000, and then is molded into a stamp to make the copies. They can't say that the process is the exact same, because it's patently not. It's more like how studios in the 20s and 30s would record albums direct to disc. That's why you're "cutting a record" in the studio.

A turntable with any kind of speed stability and audio transparency can cost upwards of $5 - 10,000. Seriously. The artifacts on an inexpensive record player are really cool, but I don't think DJs would want them permanently baked into records.

It's kind of a silly idea for audiophiles, though. Unless you are recording your own music straight from 2" tape or something. I'm sure DJs would get a lot of use out of them, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

There was a Dance Hall artist named Mad Lion that cut his own records, but he had a vintage lathe he bought from a NYC studio that was getting rid of it.

It might have been like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0nrdN_Q4B8&safety_mode=true&persist_sa fety_mode=1

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPIi33vQ5Bs&feature=related&safety_mode =true&persist_safety_mode=1

but yeah, the terms "Getting a Record Pressed" & "Cutting a Record" used to be literal. I can imagine a vintage one for that 15K, but the tech that goes into these devices is not that sophisticated, so making a new one, at least the cost, I can't imagine being anywhere near 15K. So perhaps you're paying for the scarcity factor because they're in limited production?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area