Laughing City
nimson50
Sea Post King

Don't stay in the way of a hurricane.A cat4 is big and I'm from FL and I've bean throw quite a few so I now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Muad'Dib
Sea Post King

Fingers crossed for all you guys in Texas and on the Gulf coast. Keep safe and take care.
Skabro1005
Golly, Poster

You guys are in my prayers! I hope the worst will be rain and very minimal flooding, if any at all.
i spit out a flury of rude language at garron like, "UGH!....DUMMY!" he flips out and crys for the next couple of hours, then we stop at subway my favorite restaurant and buy him a sub and things are cool now.

You will be greatly missed Jonathon David Wilson. Great bassist, great guy.

*caution*
*Myspace-caution*
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 | Posts: 931 | Location: Where I currently am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Clark
Vintage Newbie

I went to H.E.B last night (my local grocery store) for a few things, and boy howdy.... it was a madhouse in there. Tons and tons of people... stocking up on essentials..... there was no water left. Many of the shelves were bare. I got one of the last loafs of bread. There was only whole milk left. Didn't bother me. I'm a soy boy. People are freaking out haha. The gas pumps were swamped all day yesterday. They ran out of gas last night. Whew, it's just good times all around down here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

Jon Stewart said it was now a category 12 hurricane.

I don't see why people in Austin are so worked up about Rita. Personally, I think we could use the rain. I'm pretty sure Rita will be a big ol' ** cat by the time it reaches us.

JD

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

We made our closet tornado-safe, just in case. Nick boarded it all up and put beanbags in there with a lot of blankets. We also have food and flashlights ready to go. I'm secretly hoping for a least a little excitement...
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

haha. yea i almost had to fight a woman for batteries at Albertsons earlier tonight.

but i didnt, came out the victor with the last "D" batteries. Very Happy

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mykatjim
Sea Post King

my friend lives in east texas where rita is going to come through. she witnessed a fist fight over a case of water at wal-mart.

goodness.
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

baylor cancelled classes for today (friday), to give students a chance to go home or make sure family's all right, etc. i'm glad they did. but as of now, the hurricane itself isn't heading this way.

however, my brother and a bunch of his buddies (including one of our forumers here) are on a cruise that left galveston last sunday. it was scheduled to come in saturday, but the return has (obviously) been postponed until monday or tuesday. i'm still a bit worried, especially considering that hurricane is still heading towards galveston and the cruise port & their cars are sitting there .... kinda crazy.

my prayers are with all who are in rita's path, or who are trying to evacuate and hitting all the traffic.