Laughing City
oliez
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

iTunes is great for things like this, that will not have a physical form. And it's much cheaper, I'm sure. So hopefully that means it'll eventually be easier to make money from. If this would have a print form, I'd definitely get it. But since it won't, I'm all for iTunes.

agreed. physical cds will be gone within 5 years and music stores will mostly be kiosks in the middle of malls where they will burn the cds you want on cd-rs...oh well. music on iTunes is the exact same music on the cds. I do buy records because they sound different/better. but with cds vs. digital...digital wins.

oh yeah...
nope. not this week. it has to be next week..seeing how it's the last week of march (see first post of this)
sully_51
Golly, Poster

oliez wrote:
agreed. physical cds will be gone within 5 years and music stores will mostly be kiosks in the middle of malls where they will burn the cds you want on cd-rs...oh well.

I hardly believe that. The recording industry has spent a lot of money and a LOT of time ignoring everything around them so they can keep their little CDs. Those aren't going away any time soon. Music stores will have to get the approval of the RIAA and it's constituents before being allowed that luxury. Good luck there. Can you imagine them giving up control of what is burned on a cd? Music stores mixing and matching artists and tunes in such a way that you actually LIKE all the songs on your CD? And what, then, becomes of their copy "protection" for CD's? Nope, sorry, not buying it.

oliez wrote:
music on iTunes is the exact same music on the cds. I do buy records because they sound different/better. but with cds vs. digital...digital wins. (see first post of this)

Err...wrong. Music on CD's is encoded at 320 Kbps. iTunes gives you a MAXIMUM of 192 Kbps. As well, if you don't care for the .m4a format, you are stuck converting to something else. You lose quality there. Burn it to a CD, you convert to .cda. Oops, there's more loss. Want to get an unprotected version of that song back on your computer? Rip it back to your computer. Oh, right, but that's another conversion, more loss. Even "lossless" formats such as .wma can't escape this. In all honesty, even standard CDs have the same problem. Digital may be more convenient for most (myself included), but it is NOT the same quality, and it definitely is not better.

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
music on iTunes is the exact same music on the cds.

This is actually not true.

While 192Kbps is considered "near CD-quality" digital audio, iTunes only downloads songs at 128Kbps.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

That's great and all but I highly doubt anyone can notice the difference. The people who are buying (stealing) music really don't care what it sounds like. They just care they get it and selling cds for more than what you can buy on iTunes or other online retailers won't last. I still buy cds when they're less than 9.99. because I don't care if it's 192Kbps or 128Kbps or what have you and I would bet everything I own that almost everyone else doesn't care either. Enough of this crap. Let's just leave this thread to Final Noise news.
im the sea king
Golly, Poster

oliez wrote:
That's great and all but I highly doubt anyone can notice the difference. The people who are buying (stealing) music really don't care what it sounds like. They just care they get it and selling cds for more than what you can buy on iTunes or other online retailers won't last. I still buy cds when they're less than 9.99. because I don't care if it's 192Kbps or 128Kbps or what have you and I would bet everything I own that almost everyone else doesn't care either. Enough of this crap. Let's just leave this thread to Final Noise news.

when i download cds, i dont sell them. i enjoy them HOOHAH! but seriously, 90% of the time the cds i dl are purchased later. its just waiting till i have money, or they get cheap,or if i cant find it.

wait for it

DARY!
Kevin87
Sea Post King

actually, it did come out.. it's just not listed under just Eisley

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=1296333 21&s=143441

and iTunes is no more than 128kbps usually, which that's what i rip my mp3s as, but i can hear a difference between sound from a cd and sound from a purchased mp3.. I'd rather have the actual cd than buy it and burn it, which it then lowers the quality by burning it..
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

oo, its out! im listening to TES right now...Stacys voice sounds soooo much different than on the live versions.

these are my 2 favorite eisley songs, so im super happy.
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

it's out! so weird it doesn's show up when you search for eisley. i assume you could find it by searching for 'final noise,' i found it when i searched for 'they all surrounded me.' and i could not get that link to work above. the songs are downloading, i'll be listening momentarily.
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

What's all the fuss about? Every other iTunes only release has found its way to every other outlet within a few weeks.

JD

guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

Very Happy I'm buying/downloading it right now too Very Happy

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

dang.
im so attached to the live versions.
im totaly disappointed with these songs.
Confused
kyle
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
dang.
im so attached to the live versions.
im totaly disappointed with these songs.
Confused

I haaate when that happens!
I haven't had a chance to buy it, so hopefully I won't agree with you,
but I bet I do.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

ah. why wasn't it under just good 'ol Eisley....hm...well I bought a card today (just in case it did come out but i didn't see it) but bought other songs before realizing it was out...so with no money left on my iTunes, I listened to the previews...and um...hm....i might have to stick with the live versions (at least on escaping song (sherri's backgrounds on the ahhhs sounds too distorted), they all surrounded me sounds amazing so far) I will buy them tomorrow...or when i get some money, because right now I'm broke.
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

i was mislead too, i kept searching under eisley and it wasnt there....

but i'm loving these songs. its SO weird listening to all the noise in the background. its like.... clear.

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

drenchedecent
Sea Post King

i can't believe people prefer the live versions. i am so sick of those live versions and all of the static/crowd noise/etc. these studio versions are amazing!
Last edited by drenchedecent on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>