Laughing City
.summer.stars.
Sea Post King

i just heard about them about a week or so ago from MTV's You Hear It First. i just randomly thought i'd give them a try, even though i don't do that too often because i'm lazy and i usually just like to stick to the bands i already know about. i looked all over the internet for their music, and i downloaded as many songs as i could. the first song of their's that i ever heard was "i wasn't prepared" and i fell in love with it. i love finding out about new, great bands...it's so fun Smile.
kelly
Golly, Poster

as i sit here, i realize that i have had so many things pounding me to listen to eisley. im so stubborn. Embarassed holland message board, yahoo launch, magazines, friends talking about them, other forums, and journals.... sheesh im sooo slow. im ridiculous.

thats like most of this year without eisley. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

iLivejournal

VirbAGE
sometimes i make things to look at
Joined: 31 Oct 2003 | Posts: 860 | Location: orlando, florida
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keith
Golly, Poster

i was reading about the bands that were playing at SXSW, and "Moss Eisley" was playing a pretty big show, with like The Coral and Supergrass and secret guest (Polyphonic Spree) at Stubb's so i went to their website and all and decided i would go to the show......and then i did, but by then they were no longer "moss eisley"
Shannon
Sea Post King

I had friends in local bands that would play gigs with 'em, so I've known about em for a few years. They are so awesome! Smile

I just saw em tonite in Austin, too. They were incredible! SUCH TALENT! Smile
Joined: 06 Nov 2003 | Posts: 3 | Location: Austin (originally Waxahachie)
solomon
Sea Post King

saw them with coldplay in austin this january. Thought it was transcendental.

Then I heard them at sxsw. Thought they were dandy still

Saw them at waterloo. I was already sold by this time.

Got to catch them tonight. Super nice people. But then again, most east texans are

plus, every other magazine I pick up has an article about them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Brandon
Golly, Poster

heh...I was born in texas Smile

Um..I first heard about them from my friend Micah Tawlks. He leads worship for the Acquire the Fire's this year and had been going to their church for the past year or so.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Solomon, formerly from Nac!?!

Awesome, I'm a current Nac person. Very Happy

East Texas is so nice when you figure it out.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cpt_Wilard80
Sea Post King

There was the girl at school, John Brown University, when I was going there. Here name was Jenn Keuer (sp?) and she was from Tyler. She would not shut up about this band Moss Eisley. I didn't hear much after that and then I heard Telescope Eyes on Power FM. I was intrigued and mostly hooked but not completely addicted. I bought tickets to the Old 97's show for my friend, a big Old 97's fan, and myself. When I saw them play, I was totally sold. As I wrote on another thread, I'm now trying desperately to get all of my nieces hooked on them.
"Jesus Christ: whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls."-1 Peter
Mhat
Sea Post King

I was on Ethan Durelle's web site. They're a great band with great taste in music, so I started checking out the bands they had linked. "Moss Eisley" was one of bands listed. I checked out the link and then heard the mp3s. That's all it took and I was hooked.
Kit
Sea Post King

Where I heard about Eisley

I had been in a band called Loophole for a while. In Feb 2002, me and the rest of the band met up with a guy who basically became our guitarist. That same guy was doing the Web site for a band called Model 777. He dragged us to a show at some church in Tyler, TX to see Model 777 play. I think we were the only people there over the age of 20. Anyways, Model 777 played and I wasn't blown away since at that point I was tired of nu metal/rap rock bands. After their set was over, another band started bringing their equipment onto the stage. Guess who? MossEisley!! All the other guys who were with me had heard of MossEisley and seen them play before except me. Anyways, while MossEisley were setting up their equipment, Stacey played the opening chords to "Everything in Its Right Place." I basically knew right then that I was probably going to like them. More so than Model 777 at least. They played a few songs before my friends decided they wanted to leave. I wanted to stay. Sad But the seeds were planted. Actually, one of the other guys that was with me likes Eisley now as much as I do. I ended up leaving Loophole the next day after being with them for almost 3 years (it was a friendly parting of ways). About a few months later after that concert I remember hearing alot about MossEisley again because of their impact on Cornerstone 2002.

bsixlmhuno
Sea Post King

I first heard about them on MTV's you hear it first. I listened to some song and told my best friend about them and now we are both hooked! WE LUV EISLEY
GlassUser
Sea Post King

Some little San Jacinto church in Deer Park (near Houston) when they played with Salt7. That was a while ago.
telescopeyes
Sea Post King

My boyfriend and I were in NYC visiting our friend. We had tickets to see Coldplay at MSG.

We arrived on time, but due to my constant need to pee, I asked him to wait while I ran in the bathroom. So I'm on the toilet, when suddenly I hear very loud beautiful voices. Suddenly I panicked thinking "what if the opening band is actually good this time?". So I finished my business, ran out, grabbed my beau and we went inside.

The stage was glowing a light blue and purple. And I just kept hearing those amazing voices coming out of what looked like very tiny people (the girls were snowflake-looking, lovely and so delicate). Well, we were just speachless.

Finally, Sherri (I think) introduces the band. She says the name of the band, and I whip out my pen and paper and write "Isley". I failed to notice the merch stand was selling "Laughing City" at the time I bought my Coldplay shirt.

As soon as we get to our hotel room, I was happy to see that the iTunes store had it available for download. And we've been listening happily ever since.

pie
Sea Post King

I first heard mosseisley back when stacy was 11 at a vineyard youth conference in houston (i guess that would be 2000?). They played under this little tent while kids eat hamburgers and played vollyball. Only about 10 kids (me included) stood in awe as these little ones made beatuiful melody and harmony swirl around in our ears. I drew a quick sketch of sherri and gave it too her. You can actually see it on the web site under "fan art"

~Pie

-Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=friedpie