Laughing City
haileyisonfire
Sea Post King

I can't make it work. I don't know how to find it on itunes, and the link from Boyd's e-blast isn't working, either. How are all of you getting yours?

Maybe it's weird 'cause I'm in Canada...?
oliez
Vintage Newbie

blame canada...i bet it'll be a US release only because this tour is seen as a "US tour"....I'm sorry.
norad
Vintage Newbie

drenchedecent wrote:
i can't believe people prefer the live versions. i am so sick of those live versions and all of the static/crowd noise/etc. these studio versions are amazing!

i don't know what live versions you're thinking of, but there isn't any static or crowd noise in the verions of they all suronded me and the escaping song i listen to.
(minus the cheers at the beginning and end of the escaping song)
oliez
Vintage Newbie

drenchedecent wrote:
i can't believe people prefer the live versions. i am so sick of those live versions and all of the static/crowd noise/etc. these studio versions are amazing!

agreeing with patrock. listen to the Head Against the Sky ep version of Escaping Song and there are at least 2 versions of They All that sound not half bad. These studio versions are still growing on me....but we still need to thank to Boyd and others for getting them out there for us.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
drenchedecent wrote:

i don't know what live versions you're thinking of, but there isn't any static or crowd noise in the verions of they all suronded me and the escaping song i listen to.

I like the live version of They All Sourounded Me that starts off with Stacy saying something like - yeah, it's the one about the dragon. heehee.
norad
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
patrock wrote:
drenchedecent wrote:

I like the live version of They All Sourounded Me that starts off with Stacy saying something like - yeah, it's the one about the dragon. heehee.

except im pretty sure that's chauntelle.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I am just glad to have the actual recordings now. Thanks Eisley/Boyd.

The recordings really help you appreciate Sherri's backing harmonies a lot more. I'm not crazy about The Escaping Song, but I really liked that quiet part that goes "The Beautiful moments..." etc..

I am just waiting for Sunfeet, Cool

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

yes, sunfeet will be wonderful.

I just downloaded the two songs. haven't listened to them yet.

Ohboyohboyohboy...

here goessss....
haileyisonfire
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:
blame canada...i bet it'll be a US release only because this tour is seen as a "US tour"....I'm sorry.

Oh man...that can't be. I've been excited about this EP for ages. Hmm. I have the other Eisley EPs from iTunes. Maybe it's just delayed in being released over here. I sure hope so. These songs sound so great.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

well in the US itunes store we don't have the LC or MT eps...i hope you get it. they're worth buying and listening to.
haileyisonfire
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:
well in the US itunes store we don't have the LC or MT eps...i hope you get it. they're worth buying and listening to.

We don't have those...I should have specified. We have the Telescope Eyes one and Golly Sandra and all of those. The iTunes exclusives. So I assumed we would get this one, too. I sure hope we do.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Sooooo....itunes keeps popping up with a message saying that my network was refused even though I just dl something the other day. I supposedly need an update but when I went to update it woudn't let me/there wasn't a link. Grrr!

Anyway, the clips sound good at least! I'm very frusterated, but not at the songs! I can see what those who say they've been spoiled by the live versions (especially on the Escaping Song, cause that quality was very good for a live track) but I'm liking both! The simple but clear instrumentation is cool (the Escaping Song) and i haven't really heard a clear version of They All Surrounded Me so that's awesome. If only I could download them Sad
giant_
Laughing Citizen

I always imagined the escaping song to sound more errie and layered with maybe organ and such than what the live versions were like. but its basicly just the live one recorded in a studio. So yeah I kind of expected more. I miss the rhodes! Why real piano? Confused oh well.
edit : same thing with they all surround. but i like it a bit more. but i guess these are demos technicaly.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Where are you hearing the clips?

EDIT: Nevermind.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Last edited by TheAntrider on Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

giant_ wrote:
I miss the rhodes! Why real piano? Confused oh well.
edit : same thing with they all surround. but i like it a bit more. but i guess these are demos technicaly.
ditto.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>