Laughing City
FrancescaEVR
Equal Vision Rules!

Hey all,

It's been a crazy day with all that's happening in Eisley-world and I'm just now catching up on LC.

MerchNow started packing & shipping pre-orders TODAY because there were SO MANY. Shocked

Also, thank you for showing Spin.com love - it was great of them to agree to partner with us to premiere the record and I think they're realizing it was a good idea Smile

I think Radio Disney has "Kind" or "I Wish". They're very picky about the lyrical content so we just go with the flow on whatever they want.

Seriously, the gif's had me laughing so hard. Especially the black kid; I could watch that over and over.

You guys rule!!!
MyPioneer
Sea Post King

Thanks for checking in Francesca, it's great to see you and the label behind such an amazing record!

While I'm here.. would you possibly be able to put word our about my new fan-run twitter @EisleyFans?
Caley
Lost at Forum

FrancescaEVR wrote:
MerchNow started packing & shipping pre-orders TODAY because there were SO MANY. Shocked

Can I get an "AWWW YEAHHHH"?

FrancescaEVR wrote:
Also, thank you for showing Spin.com love - it was great of them to agree to partner with us to premiere the record and I think they're realizing it was a good idea Smile

I saw how many people were liking it for FB and retweeting it and my mouth literally dropped. So happy the band and the site are getting a good pay-off promotion-wise. They're scratching each others' back!

FrancescaEVR wrote:
I think Radio Disney has "Kind" or "I Wish". They're very picky about the lyrical content so we just go with the flow on whatever they want.

I think both songs are a good fit for that radio station, for sure. I think it also goes to show how commercial this album really can be. EVR, y'all know what's up (unlike a certain record label)!

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I'm waiting until I get my pre-order copy of the album to listen. I mean, I only get one chance to listen to it for the first time, and I want to listen to the CD. Especially since it would be just my luck that my Internet would die in the middle of the album while streaming.

Until I get my CD, though, I'm going to listen to Smarter about a million more times.

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I wanted to wait until I got it. I certainly won't get that rush of excitement I got when Combinations came out (cycling to town after work, cycling back as fast as I could, hands shaking with excitement as I put it in the CD player, pogo-jumping and dancing round the kitchen on at least the first listen). But I knew I'd get as good as, because frankly my netbook speakers are appallingly tinny, and so the little nuances and the bass don't come out at all Sad Nevertheless, i love what I hear! I'm really not in a position to comment any further, other than to say that hearing toned down versions of the tracks has only whetted my apetite. I'm only gonna listen once. Hopefully.

Eisley should definately be proud of their work!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I have 7 friends on my Facebook alone that have reposted the live stream. This album is going to spread like wildfire.
likeolikeh
Sea Post King

Are we getting a mp3 download of the album if we pre-ordered the mega bundle?
Polaris
Sea Post King

Can't...stop....listening....

I love all the songs, but "Watch It Die" just catches me. Mr.Moon too...and Oxygen Mask. And Better Love. Kinda hard to pick a favorite from this album.

And if they shipped our preorders today, that mean we'll be getting them three days early? Sweeeeet.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

FrancescaEVR wrote:
Hey all,

It's been a crazy day with all that's happening in Eisley-world and I'm just now catching up on LC.

Seriously, the gif's had me laughing so hard. Especially the black kid; I could watch that over and over.

You guys rule!!!

Success! Also, I am really excited that Radio Disney (of all places!) is gonna play one of those. That's awesome.

And I'm really stoked you guys are already sending them out. I can't wait to blast it in my car and look at all the artwork in the sleeve.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
norad
Vintage Newbie

So gooooooooooood. I'm surprised at how easy it was to download the tracks though.
Polaris
Sea Post King

And wait, did someone say EVR is emailing download codes to those who pre-ordered Vinyl/albums?...if so, I'm going to be checking my email every 5 minutes. Shocked
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

I couldn't hold back anymore, and I'm glad I gave in. Holy ravioli, my mind is blown.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

This album is heartbreaking and beautiful and damn near perfect. If Eisley ever needed the input of a producer, they obviously don't anymore.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
This album is heartbreaking and beautiful and damn near perfect. If Eisley ever needed the input of a producer, they obviously don't anymore.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. They don't need any unnecessary tinkering or over-glossing. They made a great album on their own.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Caley wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. They don't need any unnecessary tinkering or over-glossing. They made a great album on their own.

OK... I don't mean this in a negative way, but there is a LOT of studio gloss and tinkering on that album. Just saying.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>