Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Wow....most of my family just drove off for 6 weeks. Is that long? Like, how many videos can I watch before they will pull back in front of my house? Are they back yet? Are they back yet? Crying or Very sad

I am so excited for them, but sad to miss everything. Do you all think that the rest of the world will like them? I like them.

I must stay busy.....
juan
Lost at Forum

hehe you HAVE to like them, you dont have a choice!

i'm sure the rest of the world will like them, the problem i think, speaking as a music fan in general, is that a support band is often seen as just that, and when you get a huge band such as coldplay the fans are there to see them. BUT Eisley's music is good and has potential to appeal to the masses, so I'm sure the world WILL like them.

6 weeks, wow thats a long time, which is not what you want to hear. but just keep remembering the fun that they'll be having, and they'll be missing you as much as you miss them, and they are taking over the world, well maybe not quite but its a thought!!

steven

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

well even though you aren't going to be on the road i'll pray for you too! i mean... it couldn't hurt right? unless you are allergic to prayers... man that would suck soooo bad...

just think of it as getting a vacation from five of your children (and one of their friends...) i didn't miscount... one of the childrens is just a bit older than the others... Wink

it will be over before you know and they will all be leaving dirty laundry and dishes about and needing you to darn them socks and read them bedtime stories again... lousy good for nothing kids... Mad

if you need movie suggestions to pass the time i would suggest watching the princess bride... i mean its such a great movie! how could anyone ever get tired of it?
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Its really not a long time, 6 weeks come on thats nothing. Ill pray for you. I think you could possibly watch about 1000 in that time maybe some repeats.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
keyboardplayer
Golly, Poster

i'll pray for you kim,

it's hard to have your family be away from you, but i know that they will miss you just as much as you miss them.

Joined: 06 Nov 2002 | Posts: 743 | Location: there are places i remember.....
boyd
Eisleyoid

Hi Kim. I love you.

Trip was fine. Didn't seem that long. Thanks to your fine preparation...drinks in the cooler, nerd ropes and pringles...we survived in style. Thom's dad is cool. He has tons of vintage instruments and the biggest JVC speakers known to man. The Rhodes is cherry. (quality) It sounds amazing. He's gonna do some more tweaking tonight. These guys fed us like fat pigs... Stacy and Sherri already climbed a tree...we had food on the deck and most of them are playing "battle" but in this state, they call it "war". Bill just showed us some old video's of Thom and Owen in 5th grade performing a rap song together....and dancing. We laughed so hard, I'm still recovering. Thom also did a solo that rivaled van halen....(5th grade) It was amazing.

Hope everyone survived the departure. Would have loved to climb back in bed after 2 nights of little to no sleep. I'm beat.

Miss you guys. We're in a "roam" area. Talk to you later! love, Boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
Hi Kim. I love you.

AWWW.... i want a woman like you... except she would be not so hairy (because she would be a woman and not a man)... but similar to you in some ways... like... maybe she would look good in hats? Confused

ok that hole keeps getting deeper and deeper and deeper. i just thought that was cute... it made me smile...

glad to hear you are safe and all is well... tell the girls to be careful in those trees... trees have a way of coming alive and making you write poems about them. happens to me all the time.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

PS> (this is about the announcement... not this post) you know... for a time all i ever did was listen to U2 but i started going to U2 anonymous and i ended up not being addicted... but drat it all to hades, you made me want to listen to U2 again!

Mad Mad Mad Mad

now im never going to get my homework done! or anything for that matter!
KyleRossP
Sea Post King

Hello Kim,

Don't worry ...6 weeks isn't that long, and before you know it, they'll be home, telling you grand stories while sitting at midnight on the porch swing! I was wondering....whats the longest you've ever been away from most of the family like this??? Have you ever been away more than a few days since Chauntelle was born???
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

With a family our size, there has always been different times when some members were away for 2 to 3 weeks.
I know I'll survive it. I have plenty to do, catch up on, and tend to.
It's kinda cool getting to focus on the other kid's in the family without any competition for my time.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers, and concerns. Wink
BK
Laughing Citizen

Kimbrtones wrote:
With a family our size, there has always been different times when some members were away for 2 to 3 weeks.
I know I'll survive it. I have plenty to do, catch up on, and tend to.
It's kinda cool getting to focus on the other kid's in the family without any competition for my time.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers, and concerns. Wink

As to your movie question. It depends on how much time you devote to watching movies. You could end up being the hero of your local Blockbuster, if you really watch a lot of movies. 6 weeks can be tough, be glad they won't be gone for a full 3 months like I'm doing to my friends and family, though. Fill your days with entertainment and the days will pass like nothing.

Laughing Citizen

you should just take some high res pictures of everybody, so you can make some free-standing cardboard cutouts.. then you could construct a little device where each cutout has a reciever and a speaker, which is connected to a phone line.. you could then simply create a switchboard that alternates between the cutouts, so when they call you could say 'hey, lemme talk to Boyd' and switch the reciever and speaker over to the Boyd cutout.. people might think you're crazy.. but hey, it's worth a shot right? Wink
hmm I wonder if an idea like this is marketable.. Rolling Eyes

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....

i think one watches too much tv Wink

steven (aka juan) who couldnt be bothered to sign in.
 |  | 
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

instead of watching movies you could read a thousand and two books! if you have never read the original winnie-the-pooh books by a.a.milne (or his poetry) it is wonderful for children of every conceivable age and adults who haven't forgotten what its like to be a kid.

i think the cardboard cutout thing would be awesome though... i would buy something like that! except i would buy it so as to be able to put one in my place and then run away into the wilderness to live with the animals! MUHAHAHAHA!
Jonathan Clark
Sea Post King

Actually, with an average movie length of one and a half hours, you could only watch about 670, if you watched them all back to back the entire time.

um, yeah, so, . . .

The day it single with half is done. Today I questioned all never. I have two way to choose: To be forever to crush and miss of with relief compensating single close to the failure memory, or cynicism. No the exit. I do not want either or one. Do fact any life does it come here, or it is only myself? A choice between torturing or the very grotesque escape.

-Josey Price

comrade