Laughing City
Eclectic Gypsy
Sea Post King

I can't believe nobody has posted anything about this yet and the Dallas Paper has been out of i know at least 12 hours in some places....my computer was down at work so i did not get to post this, and if anyone did and i just overlooked it, just disregard everything... anywho its reguarding Chauntelle singing on an album... the article reads.

The Vanished
b- Favortie scar (kirtland records) in stores tuesday

Painful, addictive realtionships make great lyrical fodder for successful radio rockers. Therefore the boys in Dallas band the Vanished will likely succeed with their full-length debut, Favorite Scar
Anyone in the dregs of lost love could appreciate the intensity of a song like "Anna's Leech." But the pain goes down easiser with the driving beats employed on the title track and the more hopeful "Wake Up"
Other songs don't resonate as much because they drift too far into territory already claimed by Incubus. Lead singer Kevin Kirkwood occasionally creates problems by sacrificing raw emotion for vocal posturing.
The Vanished is at its best when it breaks formula, such as on the stunning ballad "Soap" Frentic beats and guest vocal by Eisley's Chauntelle DuPree make it the standout track.
- Hunter Hauk

So is Chauntelle going to start singing again. I hope so. Until then I guess we can pickup the album and listen to the Vanished - which is a good band in my book - and hear Chauntelle's voice

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

She recorded that at least a year ago. Great album. She recorded some harmonies on the album, but I have no idea how much of it made it to the final product. I really wish she'd sing more (hint hint Smile).

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BenC
Golly, Poster

Quote:
When Eisley started doing 3 shows a week around the Texas region, we pulled Chauntelle from vocals, because they did not have in ear monitors at that time, and since she doesn't have really good control over vocals, she would miss notes when her guitar would hit up against her diaphragm.

a quote from Kim from one of the Ashlee Simpson threads. i've heard a sample of Soap on the Vanished's site and Chauntelle does have a very lovely voice Very Happy

Vintage Newbie

There is actually a video clip of her singing it live with The Vanished at the New Year's Show, 2003.
Andy
Sea Post King

I've always thought Chantelle and Sherri sounded more alike, they have that thing they do with the end of words, that sort of bend. I Wasn't Prepared is a pretty good example of the bend if you're confused.

She should sing a ton more. Imagine those vocals with 3 layers live. Oh man.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Joined: 15 Jun 2003 | Posts: 109 | Location: Ontario, Canada
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stpddrummerboy88
Lost at Forum

where is the video clip??
amo2s
Sea Post King

iTunes only has the single right now. I downloaded it, but no Chauntelle that my ear can hear. I kind of like the song anyway.

Do you know what song(s) she sang on?

Allie

Myspace
boyd
Eisleyoid

"soap".

it's just way in the background. original versions had her ad-libbing and very out front. i think they just wanted a hint of a girl echoing or doubling the outro. it's no big deal really. but somewhere i have the newyears eve clip. did i really put that out? i don't think so. i don't have the time now to dig it out and put it up. if i run across the tape in passing, i'll post a bit of it. thanks.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
"soap".

it's just way in the background. original versions had her ad-libbing and very out front. i think they just wanted a hint of a girl echoing or doubling the outro. it's no big deal really. but somewhere i have the newyears eve clip. did i really put that out? i don't think so. i don't have the time now to dig it out and put it up. if i run across the tape in passing, i'll post a bit of it. thanks.

You only posted a picture from the show, as far as I can remember. But man, I wanna see that!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eclectic Gypsy
Sea Post King

yeah you only posted a picture of it, cause there are only a few threads that i dug out and found that had info on chauntelle and vanished

jamie talks about it being on itunes
http://www.eisley.org/viewtopic.php?t=11120&highlight=vanished

robby saying how much he loves vanished and chauntelle's voice
http://www.eisley.org/viewtopic.php?t=8238&highlight=vanished

more discussion on the band and how they are the "bomb digity"
http://www.eisley.org/viewtopic.php?t=7374&highlight=vanished

the link with the picture from the new years show, and boyd revealing that there is a video somewhere
http://www.eisley.org/viewtopic.php?t=6600&highlight=vanished

ptah
Sea Post King

The song itunes probably has is Favorite Scar. The cd coming out Tuesday is also called Favorite Scar. Chauntelle sings on a song called S.O.A.P. or soap. Yes, her vocals were more up front in the earlier version of the song, but you can still hear her doing backing vocals on the the newer version. Very pretty voice - love to hear it more.

Boyd, I'd love it if you could post video of soap from that NYE show.

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i took this shot of Chauntelle singing new year's eve '03. it's one of my favorite pictures i've ever taken
http://www.straylight6.org/pics/01012004/105_0573_lg.JPG

ptah
Sea Post King

chasd00 wrote:
i took this shot of Chauntelle singing new year's eve '03. it's one of my favorite pictures i've ever taken
http://www.straylight6.org/pics/01012004/105_0573_lg.JPG

that is a great pic. Good job!

thanks for sharing...again.

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
killabikini
Golly, Poster

chauntelle is so great. ive heard testimonies that she is the nicest human alive.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

killabikini wrote:
chauntelle is so great. ive heard testimonies that she is the nicest human alive.

She is. If you can't feel good talking to her, you have serious issues.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers