Laughing City
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

just heard on the news about the shooting...i hope you guys weren't in the vicinity when it happened.....they;ve been interrupting broadcasting ever since it happened...

(there was a shooting at the Tyler courthouse...two killed, three critically wounded, from last report)

thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

holy poop!

pray for the people of Tyler.
and that all is well with the eisley/dupree/wilson people.

why should this happen at all, let alone in Tyler.
Crying or Very sad
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I work for an area newspaper. I'll keep an eye out for updates.

EDIT

Two killed, three wounded in Tyler town square shooting

TYLER, Texas (AP) — A man with a high-powered rifle opened fire in the historic town square, killing two people and wounding two law-enforcement officers before being shot and arrested, authorities said.
A Smith County Sheriff’s deputy, a Tyler police officer and a civilian were injured, police spokesman Don Martin said. The fatalities, a man and a woman, were not law enforcement officers.
‘‘The suspect was also shot at the scene. He left the scene and officers gave chase,’’ Martin said, adding that the suspect was taken to a hospital.
He would not divulge the suspect’s condition.
A spokeswoman at the East Texas Medical Center said one law enforcement officer was in critical condition and another was in good condition. Another man was in fair condition and a fourth man was dead on arrival.
No identities have been released, and the hospital spokeswoman would not be more specific.
Deputy U.S. Marshal John Walker said he believed the gunman was upset about a court case.
Witnesses said the suspect started shooting at the back of the courthouse then appeared to be shooting indiscriminately. The incident began about 1:30 p.m.
‘‘I saw people lying everywhere that had been shot,’’ Nathan Hoffman, an attorney who works across the street from the Smith County Courthouse, told the Tyler Morning-Telegraph.
‘‘I saw a guy walking down the street with a high-powered rifle shooting at the courthouse,’’ said Hoffman, who said he locked the front door of his office and crawled on the floor, urging co-workers to get down.
‘‘We ran to the window and saw him shooting over and over and over again,’’ said Julie Carnahan, a 57-year-old court clerk who had just returned from lunch when the gunfire erupted. ‘‘It was the most horrible thing I ever saw.’’
Margo Adkins, a deputy court clerk, said everyone rushed to the window after hearing a popping sound. She said she saw a gunman, who appeared to be heavyset and in his 40s or 50s, and two officers down.
‘‘The man who was down was holding up his hand like, ’Don’t shoot me, or stop.’ He was holding his hand out like ’don’t shoot’ because he and another deputy were shot.
‘‘Apparently the guy was a lunatic and did not listen, and he started shooting from his automatic weapon at them.’’
Tyler is a town of about 86,000 located about 95 miles east of Dallas.
Tyler, the seat of Smith County, calls itself the ‘‘Rose Capital of the Nation’’ and attracts about 100,000 visitors each October to the Texas Rose Festival.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

Last edited by loveisachemical on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

whoa, thast crazy....

Shocked

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan
AustintheFlowerKing
Sea Post King

Sympathy. I'm sorry for the people of Tyler. I wish peace for everyone and safety & peace of mind for those near.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
"You may say I'm a Dreamer, but I'm not the only one." -John Lennon
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

That guy should've listened to Eisley.

JD

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

It happened right outside of KLTV studio, so they were sure to get extra full coverage. Nothing ever happens in Tyler so when something DOES happen, they make sure to dig all hands and feet into it and suck it dry.

Someone at work told me the guy was mad about the outcome of a trial or something and the girl he shot was his wife/ex-wife cause she was getting custody of the children or something. So he shot her, then a civilian shot him, then police shot the crazy man.
I dont know how much of that is true. Im sure the story will unfold later.

CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

jdstories wrote:
That guy should've listened to Eisley.

JD

i couldnt agree more

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Holy cow. I just watched the news. The lawyer that was handling their case used to come into Hastings and harrass me.
I hate him.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i was eating at Feed Lot when it happened.
i was at the very back so i didn't hear or see anything. i just heard some noise and noticed that the other customers were looking out the window. i figured it was a streaker or something so i just finished my lunch. i could have swore they were laughing. then as i was getting ready to leave they told me to watch out and said something about a shooting. i was kinda scared because i had to walk 3 blocks to First Baptist where my truck was parked because of no spots in front of the restaurant and i had no idea if they guy was still around or what. as i walked out past KLTV Joe Carroll walked out towards the scene.

jdstories
Vintage Newbie

I know this is sort of off topic, but "Feed Lot" sounds like a restaurant for live stock. I'd be interested to know what they serve.

JD

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

jamiga wrote:
It happened right outside of KLTV studio, so they were sure to get extra full coverage. Nothing ever happens in Tyler so when something DOES happen, they make sure to dig all hands and feet into it and suck it dry.

Someone at work told me the guy was mad about the outcome of a trial or something and the girl he shot was his wife/ex-wife cause she was getting custody of the children or something. So he shot her, then a civilian shot him, then police shot the crazy man.
I dont know how much of that is true. Im sure the story will unfold later.

All true, I think.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

jdstories wrote:
I know this is sort of off topic, but "Feed Lot" sounds like a restaurant for live stock. I'd be interested to know what they serve.

JD

well, i had a bacon cheeseburger, fries and beans.
very nutritious. Rolling Eyes

Schizorage
Lost at Forum

wow... one of my closest friend's father is a judge in Tyler... I read that headline and was almost in tears... *freaked out*

gah.