Laughing City
musicislove
Golly, Poster

Last night was simply put with one word - magical. I dont care what boyd says about it, last night was so sooo good. The ascot room is incredibly intimate, and if you're ever in the front row at one of these shows (as I was Very Happy ) you're no more than 2 or 3 feet from the members of the band that play the front of the stage. It was so beautiful you guys, the atmosphere, the music, everything...

let me back up for a second. I arrived in Minneapolis around 12 - 12:30, just to walk around the town and soak up some city life for a while. For quite a while now, I've had this idea: We all know how much Eisley looves Starbucks, and how much we all loove Eisley, so I figured I would give something back... kind of a thank you in a way, for the many many ways their music has touched my life. So I strolled down to the Starbucks and bought seven gift cards (one for each member of the band, and one each for Kim and Boyd for all they do for us here on the message boards). They each had $7 on them, because I really dont know how much stuff costs there aaand I know there are like 13 people with them on this tour, so the rest of the crew could all split what was left of the gift cards so no one felt left out... Smile Then, I proceeded to wait in line for the next 5 hours or something (2 or 3 of those were spent by myself Laughing it was awkward, but OK at the same time, it was peaceful). I met some lovely people outside, so if you all read this, you were coooooooooooool ( and thanks for the fries Smile )

Ill skip to the show now

Pilotdrift was awwwwwwsome. I'd never heard them before last night, and I was so blown away... the way they switch instruments constantly and just keep things moving, its so fun to watch and listen to. They really impressed me, a looot. Lovedrug was really cool too, also another band I hadnt heard before last night. Very good melodic rock. I give em both two thumbs up!

As soon as Eisley stepped on the stage, I knew it would be a special night. For one thing, I was about, oh, two feet from Stacy's Rhodes Smile As I said before, that place is SO intimate, it felt like I was watching some of my friends at a local show. There were people all around the right side of the stage by the merch stuff, just hangin out watchin the show... the place had such a cool vibe last night. I could go on forever about the show, but I'll spare you... although I will say that I couldnt remove the smile from my face from the first notes of Memories all the way until the closer, Head against the Sky. The Rhodes was having some problems, I heard them say it may be broken Sad It was amazing, beautiful, and at times honestly breathtaking (Lost at Sea, Just like we Do). Everyone was laughing and having a good time, it was perfect.

Now on to after the show (Im sorry this is so long, I've tried to break it up so it wasnt just one big long gruelling paragraph Smile ) It was time to give the gift cards. I had given one to boyd before the show, when we were waiting outside he walked by so I quickly headed over and chatted with him for a good 5 or 6 minutes, maybe more. He looked kind of blown away by the gift card, he kept laughing and saying "dude that's too much, wow, thank you, but... wow." I think he was a bit embarrassed...it was really funny, Im glad he was the first one I gave it to. He gave me a big hug and told me I could come with him to eat with everyone. (Although that would have been an AMAZING experience, I didn't want to bother them, seeing as they are out on the road as a family) I told him that I'd wait and talk to them after the show, so he thanked me again and told me he was going to go tell kim and everyone about it and to make sure they all found me after the show Shocked

The first person I found after the show was Kim, I bought some patches and gave her and Christie one of the cards. Kim in unbelievably nice, and you can tell where the DuPree girls get some of their features. While this was happening, the security guards were going crazy kicking people out, and when I turned around, there were hardly any people in the place... I talked to boyd again for a couple of minutes and he said the band was gonna come out and say hi. Sure enough, everyone came out and just hung out. There werent many people left, probably only me and a couple of my friends and maybe 2 or 3 more fans, along with the rest of the bands and Eisley. I got to talk to all of them, and give them all their gift cards... Weston and Jon are such cool guys, we conversed for a while about the tour and stuff, it was nice. Sherri and I talked for a while, and I gave her her gift card and she said " wow for that you get a hug, come here!" and gave me a huuuge hug Very Happy.

let me give you guys the introduction to the gift cards that I gave to the band: "I know how much you guys love starbucks (right here, each member laughed quite hard and proclaimed their love for starbucks Smile ) and you guys have touched my life and have had a bigger effect on me than most bands, you guys are right up there with coldplay and radiohead, the stuff you do is beautiful. So I wanted to give something back, to let you know how important you guys are to me, and to say thank you for the music and the tours you guys give us. I got you a gift card to starbucks, again just to say thank you and to provide a little "fuel for the road" from a fan. So, Thank you ________ " this was usually followed by a "what? no way! dude thank you so much!" or "awwwwwwww, thank you, wow, so much!" I felt accomplished, and that I had done my good deed of the day Smile

Stacy was next, and without even having to introduce myself, she said "wait, hang on, you're Tony, right?" wow, guys, I couldn't believe she remembered my name. We are on each others MySpace list, and I met her once before, but I didn't think she'd remember my name... I gave her her gift card and right as I did Sherri was watching and came over and said "you know, I gave him a hug for that" so, Stacy looked at me and smiled and said "come here you!" and I got another huuge hug! Smile Next was Chauntelle and we chatted for a bit before I gave her her gift card. She seemed to really love it as well, and gave me another huge hug. She is such a beautiful person, she just radiates niceness... they all do.

I couldn't stop smiling, they are all so incredibly nice. Just being there, hangin out with the band, they really made me feel like I had made friends last night. Everyone- the crew, band, Chad, the rest of the DuPree's- were amazing. I cant say enough about them, or how much I love what they do with those instruments of theirs... or how genuine and truly down to earth everyone in the band and everyone associated with the band is. They are all lovely people. As I said before, I truly felt that I made friends last night. So, Thank you Eisley for making last night a beautiful, memorable experience.

so, here's the link to the pictures http://photobucket.com/albums/y107/musicislove44/eisley%20ascott%20roo m/

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Aww that was lov-aly and, after a rather crappy day, made me feel all warm and fuzzy! Very Happy
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

you just made me look forward to my upcoming eisley shows this friday and saturday 3x more. i have a feeling these will be the best even though they are the 4th and 5th times i've seen them. i feel like a 6 year old on christmas morning everytime i see them
baret_b
Sea Post King

Oh, my, god. That set list is perfect. I will be astronomically ticked if I can't go to Houston's show.
sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

haha, this made me really jealous. i need to turn 18 by june 24th.
nice pictures though! Smile
Antiarches
Sea Post King

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... what a lovely story... i wish i didn't have a 7 hour drive after the show... i left after chatting with pilotdrift for a bit, and because the big security guards scared me... i'm tooooooooooooooo shy to argue... or even talk to many people there at all last night for that matter...
Joined: 10 Apr 2005 | Posts: 341 | Location: Tinley Park, IL
Igaveflowerstostacy
Golly, Poster

Ok, sherri is officially Sexy

"I was on tour in the United States back in '89 and we did a show in Cincinnati. During that show I shouted out, 'It's great to be in Cincinnati!' That was a lie."
-David Bowie
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 | Posts: 649 | Location: Gotham City, Tennessee
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

awh tehre is a pic of me and you on there! awesome!

thanks for posting the pics. it was a fun night. Smile
Antiarches
Sea Post King

i saw you kids... i said nothing...
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

did you see me? you probabyl dont even know who i am, but if so, next time feel free to say hello! i'm a pretty friendly gal.
Antiarches
Sea Post King

loveisachemical wrote:
did you see me? you probabyl dont even know who i am, but if so, next time feel free to say hello! i'm a pretty friendly gal.

i did, i did... you were chatting with boyd before the show... i doubt there will be a "next" time any time soon... as i had traveled 7 hours to be there... so it may not be until another eisley tour that i go to minneapolis again... not to mention i'm generally waaaaaaaaay too afraid to talk to people...

shyviolet
Lost at Forum

i'm annoyed with myself that i didn't make more effort to figure out what everyone here looks like so i could have said hi to you last night. next time i will!
Antiarches
Sea Post King

i was wearing a light blue modest mouse shirt with a dove on it... and i was like four or five people back from the stage... oh, and i was in line, alone, not talking to anyone... i don't know really, why i am posting this...
noseatbeltxx
Sea Post King

Gosh, what an awesome night! that's such a cool and memorable experience, lucky you Very Happy
Clark
Vintage Newbie

Well, looks like I'll have to take it up a notch and bring them each their favorite beverage on a tray laden with hibiscus petals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address