Laughing City
UberDrive
Sea Post King

www.krock2.com (for some reason the comma became part of the link), they're playing telescope eyes right now on hack'd with MCS. Yay.

EDIT: To elaborate, K-Rock2's the streaming, digital counterpart to K-Rock (WXRK, New York, incidentally, Howard Stern's "home" radio station). A few months ago, the FM station basically moved all of the new rock to the newly formed K-Rock2, more or less as an effort to retain listeners post-Stern. In any case, there were a regular ads for the Yahoo-sponsored tour, but I don't think they've ever actually played Eisley, at least until now. Hack'd is an hour long feature in which an artist DJ's and plays whatever they want. In any case, whoever was introducing the song said something to the effect of "This band is amazing; I love her [Sherri's] voice." So, yay, exposure.

EDIT, again: Oh, and to hear this exciting moment again, I suppose one can wait until they re-air this particular edition of Hack'd (probably in a few weeks or summink), and listen carefully about twenty-five or so minutes in.
norad
Vintage Newbie

i dont hear eisley...i hear, bad poppy music. Rolling Eyes
photomemory
Sea Post King

krock is a new york based radio station.

dude...what channel is krock2 on?

same as reg. krock, 92.3?

UberDrive
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately it was a mere 3:03 of Eisleyness in the interweb aether.

photomemory wrote:

Like I said, it's streaming online at that link.

So, uh, I felt this thread needed existence because we have audio proof that (at least some part of) MCS likes Eisley, which was suggested by the Fush appearance. Or maybe it was just a fan(atical) knee-jerk reaction.

Well, Jesse Lacey's on K-Rock2 now (10:28 EST)...actually, I think he just left. Apparently Brand New's actually recording their next record next week. (Incidentally, I was reading the Brand New Tour Journal yesterday, and I noticed that Boyd mentioned Straylight opened a few of the shows. Really? I guess they'd be ~newly-formed at around the time of the tour...)

(As this topic continues to grow tangental, it probably should be moved to General Music or somesuch. I suppose the "heads up" that I wanted to express has been accomplished.)
thedream
Sea Post King

UberDrive wrote:
patrock wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately it was a mere 3:03 of Eisleyness in the interweb aether.

photomemory wrote:

Like I said, it's streaming online at that link.

So, uh, I felt this thread needed existence because we have audio proof that (at least some part of) MCS likes Eisley, which was suggested by the Fush appearance. Or maybe it was just a fan(atical) knee-jerk reaction.

Well, Jesse Lacey's on K-Rock2 now (10:28 EST)...actually, I think he just left. Apparently Brand New's actually recording their next record next week. (Incidentally, I was reading the Brand New Tour Journal yesterday, and I noticed that Boyd mentioned Straylight opened a few of the shows. Really? I guess they'd be ~newly-formed at around the time of the tour...)

(As this topic continues to grow tangental, it probably should be moved to General Music or somesuch. I suppose the "heads up" that I wanted to express has been accomplished.)

what do you mean "Jesse Lacey is on KRock"? like an interview or he's like a VJ or something...kind of lost. and what does Jesse Lacey have to do with anything? that sounds mean, but i meant, associated with this thread...
UberDrive
Sea Post King

thedream wrote:
what do you mean "Jesse Lacey is on KRock"? like an interview or he's like a VJ or something...kind of lost. and what does Jesse Lacey have to do with anything? that sounds mean, but i meant, associated with this thread...

Dubin and Christian wrote:
Domestic Disturbance is K-ROCK2’S local music show.... Broadcasting from an apartment in Queens, every Sunday Night at 9PM Christian and Dubin will be playing music from well known and unsigned bands spanning all genres. Bands from New York, New Jersey & Connecticut… Your local music scene…

They have guests quite regularly, and Jesse Lacey happened to be on their last show, and he's a pretty recognizable name around here, that's all. I actually believe they're reairing the same episode right now (10 - 11 PM, EST), so if you stay tuned for a bit, you may just hear him.

Incidentally, Dubin and Christian, the hosts, are Eisley fans. I posted about them already in another thread, but they were saying that they were going to the Yahoo Eisley show at the end of Show #55. They haven't put it up for download yet, but if you're interested, wait 'til they upload it.

Uh, let the randomness vaguelly connected to Eisley continue Smile.
sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

UberDrive wrote:
thedream wrote:

Dubin and Christian wrote:
Domestic Disturbance is K-ROCK2’S local music show.... Broadcasting from an apartment in Queens, every Sunday Night at 9PM Christian and Dubin will be playing music from well known and unsigned bands spanning all genres. Bands from New York, New Jersey & Connecticut… Your local music scene…

They have guests quite regularly, and Jesse Lacey happened to be on their last show, and he's a pretty recognizable name around here, that's all. I actually believe they're reairing the same episode right now (10 - 11 PM, EST), so if you stay tuned for a bit, you may just hear him.

Incidentally, Dubin and Christian, the hosts, are Eisley fans. I posted about them already in another thread, but they were saying that they were going to the Yahoo Eisley show at the end of Show #55. They haven't put it up for download yet, but if you're interested, wait 'til they upload it.

Uh, let the randomness vaguelly connected to Eisley continue Smile.

oh thanks for telling me! i wanted to hear this.
UberDrive
Sea Post King

sizeablescars wrote:

*pauses* *plows forward, sarcasm be darned*

I don't see any harm in telling you. In fact, it should warm a fan's heart that Eisley is winning over this particular segment of the country. If you truly are appreciating my telling, then you're very welcome.

And, indeed, Jesse is on again, if anyone cares.
sizeablescars
Golly, Poster

UberDrive wrote:
sizeablescars wrote:

*pauses* *plows forward, sarcasm be darned*

I don't see any harm in telling you. In fact, it should warm a fan's heart that Eisley is winning over this particular segment of the country. If you truly are appreciating my telling, then you're very welcome.

And, indeed, Jesse is on again, if anyone cares.

haha no i wasn't being sarcastic, if that's what you thought. i was at this show that they were at and brand new is my favorite band so yes, thank you.
UberDrive
Sea Post King

Ah. Sarcasm is sometimes hard to tell on a forum. So, once again, you're welcome Wink.
boyd
Eisleyoid

listening now...

this is cool. Thanks for the info. without the forum, how would we know anything? thanks.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
UberDrive
Sea Post King

*necrothreads*

So, they finally posted the next batch of shows. You can dl #55 here if you're inclined (and thus a raving fan who craves any Eisley media exposure, like me Wink). It's only a glorious three seconds (57:44 - 57:47), but it goes something like this:

"We're going to see Eisley now"
"I love Eisley"

Yay.

So, I actually asked on their forum if they had any footage that they could play on the weekly Bootleg feature (any local band or venue, so Bowery'd fit the bill). Unfortunately, they didn't, so we'll have to wait 'til the Switchfoot tour. Or ideally, they'd just lift the whole "tri-state only" restriction.

*flees*