Laughing City
livewirerach
Sea Post King

is anyone planning on coming to the show tuesday night that does not have tickets yet? not that they are that expensive, or sold out, but i am working and have two free guest spots which none of my friends or family that are eisley fans can use, and i wanted to see if anyone here needed anything of that sort (i know that sometimes any amount of money can seem like a lot...). i'm going to check tonight at work to make sure that is accurate, but post back and/or PM me and i will get back to you as soon as i can (i'm sort of streched a little thin right now, but i will check as regularly as possible). also, those going to the philly show tomorrow, like my sister, HAVE FUN!
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

and there will be a pre-party/after-party/both at jumbo slice. just so everyone knows Laughing
livewirerach
Sea Post King

what time? i have to be there at 6:45p, and i get to leave based on when eisley leaves and, you know, what sort of mess they make in the dressing room Wink. i assume this is the one on u st. near 14th?
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

yeah, the one that's also the lahore kebab or whatever. andrew and i will probably head down there sometime before things get underway. what time are doors? it doesn't appear to be listed on the 930 site.
livewirerach
Sea Post King

they're normal doors, so 7:30p. i would guess eisley to go on around 10 or 10:30p.
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

right on...my guess is that we'll be at jumbo slice somewhere around 6, but let me know if you want to meet up and head over there and we'll see how things work out
norad
Vintage Newbie

you should watch out, ryan likes boys...(if you're a boy)
joking, he just likes andrew.
although andrew seems to have dissapered these last few days.
so, maybe ryan killed him.
Shocked
Laughing
ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

heh...livewirerach definitely isn't a boy.

and i think andrew and i have established the challenge of eating two jumbo slices in one sitting. we'll have to see if boyd or weston or any of them are down Laughing
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

i first thought the thread title said "DC talk". heh.
Sea Post King

I plan on going and don't have a ticket yet. I really don't mind the $12, but I'd be more than happy to pay you for whatever you got. This will be my 3rd time to see them at the 9:30 club, and I'm also looking forward to seeing Simon Dawes.

I plan on going down after work (I work in Silver Spring) and was going to get there sometime between 6:30 and 7:00.

If you still have something you're trying to get rid of, just give a holler and I'm sure we can work something out. I probably won't check back tonight, but I can check back pretty much all day tomorrow at work.
bjaurelio
Sea Post King

i'm going to be at the show with one of my friends from here at gtown law. we're going to catch some food over in chinatown at 6:30 and then metro on up. it will be my first time to see eisley live, and i can't wait.

where exactly is this jumbo slice place you speak of for the afterparty?

The paradox of faith is this, that the individual is higher than the universal, that the individual (to recall a dogmatic distinction now rather seldom heard) determines his relation to the universal by his relation to the absolute, not his relation to the absolute by his relation to the universal.
-Soren Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling
livewirerach
Sea Post King

multiple things....one, yes, i am a girl. and i have met ryan and andrew before. two, to whomever had not bought tickets yet, i work at 9:30 club and have guest spots, and just wanted to give back to the community, or something. so, if youre interested, i have 2 spots free of charge that can be used - just PM me your full name, and i'll give instructions on where to go. third, TWO JUMBO SLICES IN ONE SITTING?!?!

also, if you go to the show tomorrow, say hi! i'll be the only one working door staff who will be singing along to all of the songs. and i'll probably be wearing the brand new 'bomb' hoodie, as i wear that almost every night i work there.

ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

bjaurelio wrote:

it's on u street, a few buildings before you get to 14th, so it's past the metro station and ben's chili bowl and all that stuff. i'm not certain when we'll be there...i'm gonna throw out a random number and say 6, but it could be anywhere between 4 and 7, and we could very well go there after the show too. i mean, come on....their slices are so....jumbo!
le trou
Sea Post King

ryan fisher wrote:
bjaurelio wrote:

it's on u street, a few buildings before you get to 14th, so it's past the metro station and ben's chili bowl and all that stuff. i'm not certain when we'll be there...i'm gonna throw out a random number and say 6, but it could be anywhere between 4 and 7, and we could very well go there after the show too. i mean, come on....their slices are so....jumbo!

My friend and I miiight be there sometime too... I would like to experience this jumbocity you speak of!

ryan fisher
Vintage Newbie

you won't be disappointed...the slices are so big that they have to use two plates, and they still hang off the ends! however, last time i was there, they only gave it to me on one plate with a crap-ton of aluminum foil. slackers Rolling Eyes

goto page
 | next >>