Laughing City
gundamit
Golly, Poster

Funny stuff, but more importantly he posted again. I'd like to see all the LC members encourage him to keep it coming. He might even start taking some pics. Maybe he'll get as prolific as Sherri?

Hopefully he's kidding about his vast knowledge of the U.K. If he isn't I say we take up a collection for a history book and a map, then send them to him. Wink
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

garron wrote:
i think UK is in europe somewhere, kind like texas is in the united states or something right? i don't know really...but its gonna be fun going over there anyways.

I think Garron is kidding. He knew someone would make a thread out of it and have some fun with it. And I think Weston's humor is rubbing off on him. Very Happy
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I don't know... you'd be surprised how many people don't know what countries make up the UK.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I don't understand why so many people have a problem with geography. It's a picture for crying out loud. If you can look in the mirror and find your forehead, eyes, nose, and mouth, geography shouldn't be that hard.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
I don't understand why so many people have a problem with geography. It's a picture for crying out loud. If you can look in the mirror and find your forehead, eyes, nose, and mouth, geography shouldn't be that hard.

Most of the time, it's not because it's hard to learn geography... it's that they don't care. Some people only care about the country they live in and that's it. It's an ignorance issue. And I'm not referring to Garron here.

We all know Britney Spears knows her geography...
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I don't think he's kidding. Seriously, I don't.
Lost at Forum

treetops12 wrote:
We all know Britney Spears knows her geography...
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."

That's actually one of my favorite quotes of all time... but it follows many Dan Quayle ones.

gundamit
Golly, Poster

vivalaspopie wrote:
I thought I read where he was accepted to T.A&M and graduated at the top of his home school class. Confused

For benefit of geographically challanged LC members confused about the U.K. here's a map.

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

gundamit wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
I thought I read where he was accepted to T.A&M and graduated at the top of his home school class. Confused

Whaaaat?

It's a common mistake. It gets a little confusing since the UK is more than one country. Not a country... not a continent.

Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
gundamit wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

Whaaaat?

It's a common mistake. It gets a little confusing since the UK is more than one country. Not a country... not a continent.

I vividly recall having this all explained to me in the 4th grade (26 years ago). It was not that confusing.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I think some people get confused because there's so many names... UK, United Kingdom(same thing), Great Britain, etc. And then when you call someone British... they could be from anywhere in the UK, not just England. For those who have trouble reading maps and are too embarrassed to ask... the UK is England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland... not Southern Ireland. The Ireland thing probably throws some people off too. Northern Ireland still belongs to England sadly Sad
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
I think some people get confused because there's so many names... UK, United Kingdom(same thing), Great Britain, etc. And then when you call someone British... they could be from anywhere in the UK, not just England. For those who have trouble reading maps and are too embarrassed to ask... the UK is England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland... not Southern Ireland. The Ireland thing probably throws some people off too. Northern Ireland still belongs to England sadly Sad

I can understand how it could get confusing. At my high school, they only concentrated on US History, and besides that- our history teachers were all coaches, and couldn't care less about teaching us history. I don't remember anything! I've had to learn US History all over again in college, and couldn't tell you anything about England except for things about fighting with America in the 1700s.

LeslieAnnLevine
Lost at Forum

jamiga wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

I can understand how it could get confusing. At my high school, they only concentrated on US History, and besides that- our history teachers were all coaches, and couldn't care less about teaching us history. I don't remember anything! I've had to learn US History all over again in college, and couldn't tell you anything about England except for things about fighting with America in the 1700s.
I have to agree. In World History we focused on Rome..for like the whole year. Granted she was one of my worst teachers ever, but if it weren't for the fact that all of my relatives are English and Irish, I probably wouldn't know much either.
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 | Posts: 1219 | Location: here, there, everywhere.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

LeslieAnnLevine wrote:
jamiga wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

I have to agree. In World History we focused on Rome..for like the whole year. Granted she was one of my worst teachers ever, but if it weren't for the fact that all of my relatives are English and Irish, I probably wouldn't know much either.

The only time I learned anything about England was when we were talking about World War I and II. In sixth grade we spent a lot of time on Egypt, China, and Rome. My relatives are English and Irish too so maybe that's the only reason I'm interested in the UK, but schools should focus more on England because they were/are our allies.

crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

I honestly don't think garron was joking.
And I have no idea where the U.K./London/England/Ireland is. Embarassed

goto page
 | next >>