Laughing City
musicgirl916
Sea Post King

Okay. My friend called Eisley Emo. What the heck? Over my dead body. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nobody speak.
Sea Post King

Eisley is the furtherest away from emo they could possibly be.
Maybe your friend got that idea just because Eisley have toured with bands that are considered 'emo'. I don't even know what that term means anymore, its been stretched so far and wide. Its the silliest so-called genre/fad I've ever heard of.
Joined: 27 Jan 2006 | Posts: 88 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta
musicgirl916
Sea Post King

I agree. I hate labels.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

eisley is NOT emo. they are far from it. cheese on a cracker people Mad *&%$@....don't label bands.
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Give emo some times - in 10 years it'll be as mythologied as 70s punk or 90s britpop...

*fade out to 10 years in the future and a programme entitled "I Love The 00s"*

*in a chair sits a wrinkled Ricky Gervais or another important social commentator of our time*

"Emo was a violent cultural reaction to a youth made passive and nonchalant by 90s MTV culture. In Emo we see the archetypal themes of adolescence invested with a new kind of cultural significance. To break up with one's girlfriend is no longer a trivial event but rather a post-ironic tragedy with risk of destabilising the individual's thin veneer of anchorage to an ever-changing world of Ipods and ringtones. Emo was, to a whole generation, the defiant stand of adolescence to the conformity of repressive out-moded institutions etc. etc."

Lantz
Vintage Newbie

this is kinda off topic, but i've heard someone call Death Cab for Cutie emo before. i laughed and argued with him that they weren't, but apparently people are ignorant on the definition of emo. i geuss they assume that certain music is emo if they see an emo kid listening to it which is a common misconception, for the music in question is actually just very well known and doesnt really fit into one specific category.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
musicgirl916
Sea Post King

Exactly. See, my friend never had even heard Eisley. I was like.. How can you know? And they're far from Emo. But hey, labels suck anyway so, yeah. People are kind of stupid these days. Razz ha.
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

musicgirl916 wrote:
Exactly. See, my friend never had even heard Eisley. I was like.. How can you know? And they're far from Emo. But hey, labels suck anyway so, yeah. People are kind of stupid these days. Razz ha.

yup, sad but true Rolling Eyes Wink

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Lantz wrote:
this is kinda off topic, but i've heard someone call Death Cab for Cutie emo before.

like, wow. That's the only label I've heard been given to Death Cab...

musicgirl916 wrote:

I was called emo by many people for about 7 months just because Eisley are my fave US band. And that was a guy who died both his hair and his eybrows from ginger to black, and is now the most emo kid I know. strange...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Paranoid Android v2.0
Vintage Newbie

In general, people who sling around the emo label have never even heard an emo band. They just go with it and assume things like Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance are part of the emo genre. Rolling Eyes

This is MYSPACE
Gee, Blog
Joined: 29 Oct 2003 | Posts: 4250 | Location: Up here in Connecticut
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

Paranoid Android v2.0 wrote:
In general, people who sling around the emo label have never even heard an emo band. They just go with it and assume things like Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance are part of the emo genre. Rolling Eyes

exactly...this is why i don't open my mouth Laughing

abusedcat
Sea Post King

Well, emo's been given meanings that are so diverse, it's insane. Emo used to mean stuff like Rites of Spring, Fugazi, Promise Ring, Pedro the Lion and now it means stuff like Armor For Sleep and From First To Last? C'mon people! I'm sure Eisle do enjoy some "emo" artists and take influence from some of them, but Eisley are all their own. The only reason I could find "emo" fitting Eisley is that it's root word is "emotion" and Eisleys songs are filled with emotions. Which, is not a bad thing at all! I'd hate hearing a band just swaggering across stage bantering about how many groupies they've slept with (guess which band that is?)
Joined: 03 Jan 2006 | Posts: 81 | Location: San Francisco, CA
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

There are a lot of Emo Kids that like Eisley. And Emo is being used as a catch all term to refer to any band that doesn't sound like Mötley Crüe. Those two things together = Emo Eisley.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Jay
Golly, Poster

would everybody please stop saying emo!
Diana
Sea Post King

Jay wrote:
would everybody please stop saying emo!

emu.
Joined: 11 Jan 2006 | Posts: 129 | Location: San Jose, California

goto page
 | next >>