Laughing City
uselessrocker
Sea Post King

Is a great song. That's all I had to say.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

indeed, reading the lyrics makes me want to cry, hearing it makes me want to cry a little more. hearing it live actually makes me cry, or it did once, but just a little.

but yes. its a great song...
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

That song will get me live. I will cry. It will be grand.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stephen
Sea Post King

yes, this is a very good song. Ive liked it since i first heard it, but i dont think the signficance of this song, at least for me, really hit home till this morning when i was listening to the ep while i was driving along in my truck this morning. i guess to get to my point ill have to tell a story. I hope this comes out clear.

the parents/grandparents of my best friend in my late childhood and teenage years were farmers. he raised a really big produce garden and she ran a store and later a produce stand. I was always at my friends house, so i was always helping them out with stuff. They took me on summer trips and places and treated me like i was one of their own most of the time. They played a very significant role in shaping me as a person, specifically in my work ethic.

When i went off to college i would come home during the summers and work with them. Mainly out in the field. It would just be me and him sometimes. A friend of mine usually helped her in the store. I loved it most of the time. People never understood why i would go back to that job every summer, since i could probably have been interning for some engineering company and making a lot more money. I didnt feel like i owed it to these people to work, but i wanted to help out. They were so much fun to work with and be around. We worked hard ( ive got so many crazy stories), but it kept me in shape.

Anyways, im now graduated and working off for a company. He is 69 and still farming, which is amazing. She is 62 and still doing produce. They wont be around much longer im sure. I dont fear death like most people do, but i just know when they finally pass on that this song is gonna haunt me for a while. I know they are in good hands if you know what i mean, so thats not a worry. I guess its just hitting me that its going to happen eventually. I still keep in touch with them. Im going home this weekend so ill go see them. Anyways, enough mushy stuff, i just felt like the story needed to be told.
Joined: 12 Feb 2003 | Posts: 259 | Location: athens, grand prairie, denton.... im a nomad
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Songs that connect to real life stuff are always the best. And "Memories" is one of the best.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay
Golly, Poster

beautiful.
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i've spent a good half hour trying to put my thoughts of memories in words. All i can say is that when it comes up on my playlist at work i inevitably stop working, the phone ends up on DND ( do not disturb ), and i put my head in my hands and just listen.

Granted i don't know a whole lot about music nor have I been exposed to many bands but no other song except perhaps Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd has affected me like Memories. It's by far my fav. Eisley tune yet.

Lapin et Gémeaux
Sea Post King

I haven't heard this song, yet, and keep seeing it mentioned here and there. Still waiting for a some good Eisley fan to share the audio experience.

Ciao!

days and lonely nights
when our ends come soon.
-ERL 2003
Joined: 03 Nov 2003 | Posts: 32 | Location: Mystic, Connecticut