Laughing City
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I was thinking about this today...

You know how on one of the pre-production clips for Room Noises, you hear the studio version of Sunfeet? And how at the end you hear Stacy sing "let it draw you to a castle" instead of "resting faces calm and quiet"... well it just hit me that that's the verison we're going to get.

Does anyone know why they changed the lyrics?
Which version do you guys like better?

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I don't know what you are talking about.
Vintage Newbie

you're assuming.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
I don't know what you are talking about.

What do you mean?

And Patrock... what do you mean?

norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
And Patrock... what do you mean?

you are assuming.
you don't know for sure.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

That that's not the version they're going to use?
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Well actually half of the things we talk about here are assumptions really...

So going along with the assumption Wink Indeed the lyrics on this site are different than those on say, this site http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858499529 .

I would say either/or depending. With the "let it draw you to the castle," that line does bring it back to the topic/image in the first verse. Ties up the song nicely. Then again, the calm and quiet resting faces image is also nice. It's a nice combination of words. I guess personally I'd go with "castle" version. Though either one works really.

Speaking of SunFeet...Am I the only one that checks periodically (like say, on Tuesdays) to see if Atticus complilation is released? Wink
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Well, considering the song won't be anything more than a sampler track, I don't think it matters too much ... but they also played with a lot of lyrics in the studio. Not always by choice, but they did. And I assume that they tinker with anything they darn well please, since they wrote it and all.

Like "Surrounded" wasn't about a dragon anymore for a long stretch there. But you'll notice they returned it to the original lyrics. So if they changed it, it was probably just trying it out. Unless they sing it that way live. I forget ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

TheAntrider wrote:

Like "Surrounded" wasn't about a dragon anymore for a long stretch there. But you'll notice they returned it to the original lyrics. So if they changed it, it was probably just trying it out. Unless they sing it that way live. I forget ...

But who, but a dragon, can jump over the hill and save the day?

Though seriously, if you remember, how was it changed?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

But who, but a dragon, can jump over the hill and save the day?

Though seriously, if you remember, how was it changed?

"And that's when this fearless phrase came into my head, and I said..."

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

i check every once in a while for the release date of the atticus cd and the date that i've found is in October. I can't remember the exact date but i want to say it was October 17th.
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

I think since they perform SunFeet with "resting faces", that shall be the standard.

Also, those pre-production clips are old news. Wink
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Mister_Pine wrote:
i check every once in a while for the release date of the atticus cd and the date that i've found is in October. I can't remember the exact date but i want to say it was October 17th.

October? I hope you're right Very Happy

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

I like "resting faces calm and quiet" ..think it's really pretty. But I probably just got really used to it.
ernixlopez
Sea Post King

I always loved that little outro part from Sunfeet. I'd wait for it or skip to it and replay it. Beautifully phrased worded and performed. It sinks into you and suspends you for however many seconds it lasts. "Soft sweet music makes me sleep.....Calling my mind away oh.......resting faces calm and quiet." Nothing like it. Either one works I guess. Whatever the band decides is best for the song. Castles are cool too.