Laughing City
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

So I was talking to a friend tonight.. and he asked me about my favorite band. As far as I know, he likes Tool and Grateful Dead. But I found Brand New and Stellastarr on his mp3 player, and he has mentioned Coldplay. And he complimented my Less Than Jake shirt before. So, he has an open-mind to music, I suppose.

tragic l0ve: http://myspace.com/eisley yeah. i'm not sure if you'd be too into them though. they're completely opposite from tool and.. such.
him: i cant log on to ir
tragic l0ve: oh.
tragic l0ve: http://www.eisley.com/music.php there. that's them.
him: but ill take ur word on that they are googd
tragic l0ve: lol
him: umm....this isnt that bad
him: actally i kinda like it
tragic l0ve: you're the first person to ever say that out of everyone i've made listen to them
him: they have a nice mellow feel to them
tragic l0ve: yeah
him: she has a nice voice
him: thank u sandra...they are good
tragic l0ve: thank you for saying that.

Smile

I mean, I don't always expect people to love the same bands I do.. but it's just nice to hear, ya know? Instead of "omg they r EMOOoo!!11111 lsdfjk" or something retarded like that.

I don't know. This was just a really random post. It made me happy when he said that though. I dunno... share your stories or something. (As if there aren't enough)

kyle
Lost at Forum

I understand what you're saying, it's definitely cool when you find a similar interest with anyone. Especially boys and bands Wink
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I assume he listened to Telescope Eyes right? That's cool that he liked them... maybe you can send him some songs from the EP's and the B-sides from iTunes. Wink
negatiivethree
Golly, Poster

Yussss.
That always rocks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i totally understand what you're feeling! i told my one friend and she said they were all creepy and druggie music. but then i introduced them to my other friend, she really like telescope eyes and marvelous things...oh and Trolley Wood. so some people are different! Smile
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

Eisley is not emo and whoever says they are deserves to have to listen to nothing but emo for the rest of their damn lives.
Schu86
Sea Post King

Laughing
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

with my friends, i was all like "here, listen to this. you'll love them" and a few minutes later they're all "i love them!"
i geuss it all comes down to the fact that i only make friends with people i have a lot in common with.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

My cousin and I had to drive up to school from being home for the weekend and I had in Room Noises, played the whole thing, and she didn't say anything about them...I am never the one to force music on to people, but I expected her to say "who's this" or something like that. Oh well. Eisley isn't for everyone. Yeah, I said it. Big Whoop. Wanna fight about it.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
My cousin and I had to drive up to school from being home for the weekend and I had in Room Noises, played the whole thing, and she didn't say anything about them...I am never the one to force music on to people, but I expected her to say "who's this" or something like that. Oh well. Eisley isn't for everyone. Yeah, I said it. Big Whoop. Wanna fight about it.

XDDD

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
I assume he listened to Telescope Eyes right? That's cool that he liked them... maybe you can send him some songs from the EP's and the B-sides from iTunes. Wink

I assume that's the song he listened to as well. I just asked him if he has listened to anymore since yesterday, and he said yes. So, hey, that's cool. ;] I should've gotten him their CD as his belated birthday present today.

starbucksgod wrote:
Eisley is not emo and whoever says they are deserves to have to listen to nothing but emo for the rest of their damn lives.

Laughing

Agreed. The guy I used to like said that when I showed him Eisley. I was like wtf is wrong with you. But that's okay. I've realized that he's retarded and I'm over it.

anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

starbucksgod wrote:

Are you kidding me? All those songs about humming meadows and stars on sticks and friendly dragons are totally emo! Wink
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

That's cool.

Whenever I put on Eisley people go to the extreme of not liking them because they're so different. I know one other fan who, like me, likes EIsley because they're different from everything else. It was a totally weird moment when we discovered we both like them (at a rock festival, we met by chance... we knew eachother beforehand)! I wish more people would be more receptive to other styles.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
bright young thing
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:

lawlz.
I wish people could be more into other styles of music as well. I mean, I listen to Rammstein. They're both extremely different, [Eisley and Rammstein] but I adore them both. And I acknowledge their musical talents.

thewizards
Sea Post King

My dad said they were happy clappy Christian music and we should all get the guitar out and sing kumbaya. (Can't spell!)
And one of my friends is like, "I don't know why you like them so much, they're not that good."
I've never found anyone who likes them as much as me!

"Speaking as a rational person, Al Qaeda are a loose assosiciation of terrorists who can be rounded up with sustained police investigation. Speaking as a parent, they're all 8ft tall, with a giant eye in the middle of their forehead and the only way to stop them is to nuke every country that hasn't sent us a Chritmas card in the past 10 years."

www.myspace.com/townsendband
Go there, or be... a... triangle....
Joined: 22 May 2006 | Posts: 151 | Location: Blazingstoke, UK