Laughing City
apianoineveryhome
Sea Post King

If you have ever had the chance to see Eisley live.. share some stories here.. Smile
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

I saw them twice in one day

the end

Vintage Newbie

I nearly failed my last school exam because I was so hyped to see them. I only did half the paper (I got a C, though. D being a fail).

It was amazing.

I took many photos.

Most of them got lost.

Stacy shied away from the cam as soon as I took it out (awww).

Boyd took my gf's camera and my newly bought vinyl (and sharpie) backstage.

They were awesome.

There were about 7 other fans in the whole place.

Chauntelle hugged me.

I danced with one of the fans towards Weston during TBS' set (that was probably the funniest part of my whole day!).

edit: Music_Lover's story of meeting Chauntelle reminded me that I met Mark (sound dude) and Boyd. Boyd man-hugged me. Very Happy

The end.

(seriously, search around in Eisley blog. Like most shows have threads dedicated to them)

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Last edited by mad_sam_purple'ead on Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Oh, good. Another Wisconsin Eisley fan. Were a small number, but growing all the time! Very Happy

Went once to see Eisley, last tour. Chicago. If you use the search function and type in Eisley tour and click search all terms, you should find a lot of good stories and pictures. And go to Journals at the top of the page, and click on one of the band members journals to see their perspectives (Sherri and Stacy post the most in their journals). But the journal called Tales from Trolleywood is the most expansive one, done by Boyd Dupree. When you are in that journal, look on the right hand side (browse by tag it says) and click which tour you want to see info and pictures on.

Welcome!
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

i've seen eisley 3 times. the first time was at the acl festival in austin.
i fell in love. i had heard of them before, but never heard them.
every show has been awesome. yay eisley! Very Happy
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

Saw them at their past 3 shows in NYC.

1st was a free concert. I met them and took pictures. My brother won an autographed guitar from a raffle. rofl.

2nd they were supporting Switchfoot. The sound wasn't too good.

3rd I was able to pass off a box of strawberry MiniWheats to Boyd to give to Sherri. She later called me out before one of their songs. I was all Embarassed Laughing
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:
Saw them at their past 3 shows in NYC.

1st was a free concert. I met them and took pictures. My brother won an autographed guitar from a raffle. rofl.

2nd they were supporting Switchfoot. The sound wasn't too good.

3rd I was able to pass off a box of strawberry MiniWheats to Boyd to give to Sherri. She later called me out before one of their songs. I was all Embarassed Laughing

So you're the one who gave those to her! At the end of my ICBTFY live at the Bowery she's says "wait I have to talk about the cereal". Was it you that said "did you get the cereal? Laughing

I wanna see the pictures of you meeting them from your first show Smile Who was that guitar autographed by?

superhits
Sea Post King

I basically stood less than a foot away at the Philly show.. seriously, I felt as if I was all up in Sherri's grill. I met Boyd, talked for a couple of minutes, met the rest of the boys, ran into Chauntelle but I was too afraid to talk to her and I talked to Stacy for like 1.5 seconds. That pretty much sums it up.
Connie
Golly, Poster

Eisley was my first concert but I was too shy to say hi to any of them when they were outside.

I'd say more, but I'm super tired.

Vintage Newbie

Saw them in San Fran this year... met Stacy/took picture... had the opportunity to meet the others, but was too shy Sad Rolling Eyes
Got some good pics of the band playing and enjoyed the music, but it seemed like they only played for 10 minutes when really it was over an hour. I'm looking forward to the next show Very Happy

thewizards
Sea Post King

Amazing stories!

I went to TBS with a few friends (I don't like them, I like Eisley Very Happy) and I was waiting outside. I have bladder issues and the minute I ran off to Burger King I got told by my friend who had been waiting for 6 hours for TBS that I just missed them!

I went very grouchy and sulked for a bit, before having another bladder issue. I went to Subway, and guess who was there?! Eisley! I saw Weston and Garron first and was like "ha oh look at that!" and then the rest of them- I almost had a heart attack. I must have freaked out Sherri 'cause I just stared at her. (If she even noticed!). I didn't want to interrupt their food but I wish I had now! Damn my politeness!

Anyway, I skipped back to the venue and when waiting outside I watched them walk inside. I was too shy to scream "HEY!" at them although I regret it so much!

At the gig I got pummeled by TBS fans who decided I shouldn't be enjoying Eisley. I was pretty loud, but that's because I wanted Eisley to be aware that the venue wasn't full of idiots!

Oh man, if I could actually meet them... I would be so happy!

"Speaking as a rational person, Al Qaeda are a loose assosiciation of terrorists who can be rounded up with sustained police investigation. Speaking as a parent, they're all 8ft tall, with a giant eye in the middle of their forehead and the only way to stop them is to nuke every country that hasn't sent us a Chritmas card in the past 10 years."

www.myspace.com/townsendband
Go there, or be... a... triangle....
Joined: 22 May 2006 | Posts: 151 | Location: Blazingstoke, UK
noodleman
Sea Post King

okay I don't like saying this so much because every time i do i feel like i just make people jealous, or just sound like I'm trying to... but yeah, we saw them 2 nights in a row, me and my sis went backstage and interviewed them, the videos on Google video. The 2nd night was free because they put us on the guest list.

Hooray!

nathan.

www.purevolume.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/GORADIO
www.myspace.com/natesmith
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I went to the Lawrence, KS show, and i saw Chauntelle walk inside right next to me, and i was like, "was that...yeah, i think it was", and i was about to kick myself for not saying anything.

but then, i actually started somewhat of a conversation with them during the concert, in between songs, right before I Wasn't Prepared, cause i threw my wrist band up on stage for Sherri to use, and Sherri recognized me as "the sweet man singing all the words to every song".

and for letting Sherri use my wrist band, i got a free record of their album, and after i got to meet and talk to everyone but Sherri, but Boyd went up into the dressing room and got her to sign my shirt, and everyone signed my shirt also, it was THE best night of my life.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I've seen Eisley 20 times in I think seven states. Those are also 20 of the best nights of my life. Well, actualy, more like about 17-19. There were a couple of crappy nights surrounding good shows. But I've never been disappointed in a performance. Some were better than others, but I liked all of them.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
granpaturtle
Vintage Newbie

homesick_alien wrote:
I saw them twice in one day

the end

lightweight Rolling Eyes