Laughing City
Never2FarNow
Sea Post King

I really dig Chauntelle's voice, do you guys think it's probable that Chauntelle will make her singing debut on #2. Cuz that would be great... It would kinda be crazy having three vocalists, and don't get me wrong Stacy and Sherri do a wonderful job, but it would be cool if Chauntelle sang on one or two songs maybe do some bgv action.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Actually, Chauntelle made her singing "debut" on Room Noises. She did the harmony to "Just Like We Do."

And if we want to get really technical you can hear her real debut on "Pretender."

But yes, there has been much talk of Chauntelle singing on the next album. Sherri said in an interview that she really wants Chauntelle to get involved vocally. I think three-part DuPree harmony would be pure bliss.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
horizongirl
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
I think three-part DuPree harmony would be pure bliss.

ohmygoodness, Yesssss.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

I will not be happy until I hear a four part harmony from the dupree girls. On this album, a three would be great. Then the next, Christie could be guest vocal on a track or two...now that would be intense. That could be that wall of sound they always talk about.
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

5 part Eisley harmony. The 3 girls, weston, and garron. Oh yeah. I'd buy that cd.
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

i think weston should do vocals. Wink
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

oliez wrote:
I will not be happy until I hear a four part harmony from the dupree girls.

In that case, you might consider picking up the new NFG CD, which features four part harmony from the DuPree girls on the last track. And some pretty amazing backup vocals from them on other tracks, too.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
oliez wrote:

In that case, you might consider picking up the new NFG CD, which features four part harmony from the DuPree girls on the last track. And some pretty amazing backup vocals from them on other tracks, too.

I do know that and I have the songs (they all only sing on boulders). I just can't stand Jordan's voice even though it has gotten so much better. A full song of the 4 part would be great...without Jordan...
adibmuhammad
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:
Kappa962 wrote:
oliez wrote:

I do know that and I have the songs (they all only sing on boulders). I just can't stand Jordan's voice even though it has gotten so much better. A full song of the 4 part would be great...without Jordan...

:D :D :D

IMO, his voice is ok, though its a bit irritating. but yeah, all the same, i wanted chauntelle to sing again in the next album. It would be awesome. First time I heard her on "Pretender" I was like, "This is definitely not Stacy. Or Sherri. Is it Weston?". Haha.
Joined: 13 Sep 2006 | Posts: 79 | Location: cyberjaya/kuala lumpur, malaysia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kappa962 wrote:
oliez wrote:

I finally just listened to "Boulders". Every hair on my arms has been standing straight up since the 3:14 mark. I think when you combine the voices of all four DuPree girls it creates a forcefield that goes directly from speakers to the listener's nervous system.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bn_me
Sea Post King

You guys have listened to "One More Day With You" (Chauntelle solo, Hanson friend helped out or something) right? Boyd posted it awhile back.
Never2FarNow
Sea Post King

bn_me wrote:
You guys have listened to "One More Day With You" (Chauntelle solo, Hanson friend helped out or something) right? Boyd posted it awhile back.

Yeah, yeah I love that song, doesn't anybody have it, or know where to get it.
bn_me
Sea Post King

You can find a link to it in this journal entry: http://www.eisley.com/journals/trolleywood/_21345/
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

Chauntelle do what she want.
norad
Vintage Newbie

bn_me wrote:
You can find a link to it in this journal entry: http://www.eisley.com/journals/trolleywood/_21345/

And for a time saver: http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=23632