22%  [ 2 ]
beautiful
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

madcat2089
Sea Post King

wow. yeah. wow.

lights + rocketship was about my peak of what my brain can handle for amounts of amazing-ness. but the only i didnt like was the set-up encore. quite honestly, i just hate encores all around. how about you?
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I found out about Shiny Toy Guns from gRegor's sig about two years ago. Now they're music is used in ABC promos? Life is funny. Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I was going to see 'em live once...

BUt i couldn't be bothered.

Are they good live?

as for encores... well, Fionn Regan got an encore as a support act. I think it's amazing when it's completely unplanned, but sill when it's planned. Sometimes on the setlist theres a line and then more songs. That's the encore. Confused

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
madcat2089
Sea Post King

yeah i know. my friend saw's eisley's set list before the show and it had their set and then at the bottom, "Encore:", followed by their planned encore songs. so yeah, unplanned encores, i can handle. but planned....nay.

shiny toy guns are fantastic live because their voices are nearly perfect to their recordings. also the music and lighting were very very good. a great band to watch because they don't just stand there. another part I loved was that Carah (le disko chick) and Jeremy (synths) switched off on the synths and bass showing some versatility. so yeah, if you get the chance to see them, do it. they love their fans and they put on a great set each time from what i've heard and seen.

oh also, the band before them was local but i had never heard them, and i heavily regret that now. if you're into alt/dance check them out: www.myspace.com/gomotion -- they're touring all around Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas and then the East this summer.
ride4Jesus
Vintage Newbie

i didnt know that groups planned encores...i thought they were spontaneous when you have a good audience that wants more. Confused
Joined: 10 Mar 2007 | Posts: 2482 | Location: San Diego, California
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

sometimes they're planned, sometimes not.

I dunno... I think that sometimes bands may plan for an encore but it's not a given that they're gunna do it.

What're the best encores you've had?

Two that sticks out are:
Turin Brakes, late 2005. Three encores, with oldies! Awesomeness. man alive they're hot live.
Duke Special, 10th June 2006. He did one encore, and then the 20 or so of us were hollering loud! They came back onstage... and did their own version of The Buggles' Video Killed the Radio Star. Truly fantastic cover.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

haha, actually I assumed that bands pretty much plan the encores. It's almost expected. No one leaves after the show, you just wait for the encore.

I'd be mad if a band based it solely on the audience craziness. I get the point, but if they go from a major market area to a smaller market area, the 200 people that are feeling the show shouldn't be shafted just because they don't scream as loud as the 1000 person venue. In my opinion. Wink
madcat2089
Sea Post King

Mystic210 wrote:
haha, actually I assumed that bands pretty much plan the encores. It's almost expected. No one leaves after the show, you just wait for the encore.

I'd be mad if a band based it solely on the audience craziness. I get the point, but if they go from a major market area to a smaller market area, the 200 people that are feeling the show shouldn't be shafted just because they don't scream as loud as the 1000 person venue. In my opinion. Wink

very true. if the bands didnt want an encore, the crews would come and shut down the set so they can get out of there. not just leave the equipment there with the lights off for no reason
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

It bothers me when the opening act does an encore.

I do love unplanned encores though! It's the spontaneity that is lacking in many bands' performances. A lot of the time they will play about the same show in every town they go to. Also, encores don't have to be about audience reaction. I mean, obviously if a crowd is booing, then....no encore. But, if there's a small crowd in an iintimate setting the artist might feel like playing some more songs, just to play them. And that's great.

God Bless

SingingTree1994
Lost at Forum

i LUV SHINY TOY GUNS!!!!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Pantheon4 wrote:
I found out about Shiny Toy Guns from gRegor's sig about two years ago. Now they're music is used in ABC promos? Life is funny. Laughing

Ha ha. Yeah, same here. I think their new video is teh awful, but I think the band is pretty good.

Yeah, most of the encores I've seen were planned. It's silly, but people expect it, and you basically have to do it to be nice. Someone should ask Eisley about trying not to do that silly encore routine. They can probably tell you how fruitless it is. ha ha.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address