Laughing City
berlies_
Lost at Forum

I can't believe there hasn't been anything on this show yet - guess the forum has no love from the L.A. peeps, (JK!)

I just want to say how amazing this show was. The venue, first of all was great. A small 200 seat theater, so intimate. I loved it. Wesley Jensen was absolutely amazing. From the first note he sang, I was hooked. He had a great voice, great songs and it was icing on the cake when Christie sang. Her voice is amazing - almost surreal. It gave me goosebumps. That song might easily become one of my favorite songs.

Eisley blew me away. The new songs sounded fantastic, and being able to see them in a small venue, where I think their personalities can really come through was really touching. It made me think a lot about the band and the impact its had on me, and how important their presence in my life has been.

Music really does become placeholders for certain periods of your life and Eisley has easily become that placeholder for me, for the past 4 years of my life, and i'm sure, many years to come. Eisley bonded me and my first love, Will. One of our first 'dates' was to see Coldplay, where we discovered Eisley. Eisley, the band and the forum, was so amazing to me when he passed and helped me get through one of the hardest times in my life. Since then, Eisley, as a band and as individuals will always have a specials and sentimental place in my heart.

The music is outstanding, the love among the band-mates, the family, and all the support is something to be commended and strived for. The talent is something to be admired. The humbleness is something that shouldn't be overlooked.

Favorite music, artists, bands, etc come and go. You enjoy it, you use it - but theres something about Eisley that has made them become a part of my life, something about them that has defined who I am and who I want to be - and for that, I just want to say thank you.

Sorry for the mushy post - but it was such a great show, and the small and intimate setting makes it hard to not get emotional.

Sigh, I'm done for now.

I'll post some pictures when I get to them - I don't have much, I got so wrapped up in the beauty of it all, I forgot I had a camera. Oh, me.

easternglow
Sea Post King

Here here! I had such a blast at this show! I went to the later one.
Aw, Eisley is so cute.
& Chauntelle is quite possibly the sweetest person I've ever met. Oh my gosh!

oh ps - Christie is adorable. Lol.
And I love Combinations. It is so delicate and lovely and amazing and, I'll admit, I cried a bit. But very discreetly!
jabberjaw_04
Golly, Poster

easternglow wrote:
Here here! I had such a blast at this show! I went to the later one.
Aw, Eisley is so cute.
& Chauntelle is quite possibly the sweetest person I've ever met. Oh my gosh!

oh ps - Christie is adorable. Lol.
And I love Combinations. It is so delicate and lovely and amazing and, I'll admit, I cried a bit. But very discreetly!

I also went to the late show (I thought it was nice what Sherri said about the latenighters Laughing ) and let me tell you I got the chills when I heard Combinations, i'll post pictures later on. By the way did the band come out afterwards?
lostinlalaland
Sea Post King

Ah! You beat me to it, I was going to post something! This show was amazing...the acoustic thing works...really well. They are all so personable...what a great venue for a band like Eisley. As if I wasn't pumped enough for their new album...I can't wait to get my hands on Combination...that song is going on repeat for a few days straight. I also can't wait to hear Christie on an album, she's got a great voice! Y'all are great, keep up the amazing work Eisley Smile

To jabberjaw_04 - yes, they did come out, but it was a while afterward.

That pretend is real and real is pretend
We can make a world, we can swim in a storm.
Tomorrow when I wake, we will be gone.
Tomorrow when I wake, real will be here.
Tomorrow when I wake, today will be a dream

http://kieranhenthorn.deviantart.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

Christie is on Wesley Jensen's album which is available now. As well as NFG's Coming Home and also I think From The Screen to Your Stereo Part 2. She has maybe my favorite voice ever. Either her or Mark Hollis.
Anyhow, if you were at the later show in LA, you didn't hear the Marxophone in the first half of Combinations because some bizarre audio gremlin attacked. Normally the song is way more awesome. Also, I was mixing from a laptop in the projector booth, so vocal levels and such weren't always right. Expect a way better show, at least sound-wise, when Eisley comes back to do an electric headling tour.
Mark
jabberjaw_04
Golly, Poster

lostinlalaland wrote:
Ah! You beat me to it, I was going to post something! This show was amazing...the acoustic thing works...really well. They are all so personable...what a great venue for a band like Eisley. As if I wasn't pumped enough for their new album...I can't wait to get my hands on Combination...that song is going on repeat for a few days straight. I also can't wait to hear Christie on an album, she's got a great voice! Y'all are great, keep up the amazing work Eisley Smile

just out of curiuosity about how long did you wait?
lostinlalaland
Sea Post King

jabberjaw_04 wrote:
lostinlalaland wrote:

just out of curiuosity about how long did you wait?

i'm not really sure...i was talking to various people the whole time i was waiting, so i wasn't really keeping track, but it was a while.

That pretend is real and real is pretend
We can make a world, we can swim in a storm.
Tomorrow when I wake, we will be gone.
Tomorrow when I wake, real will be here.
Tomorrow when I wake, today will be a dream

http://kieranhenthorn.deviantart.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
blor
Sea Post King

yeah, the show was awesome...driving in the LA traffic to get there, however, was not

I wanted to wait for them but my brother being the bum that he is didn't...so we left Sad
The boney king of nowhere
Sea Post King

It was a great show. I loved the venue it was so nice and small.

blor wrote:
yeah, the show was awesome...driving in the LA traffic to get there, however, was not

I went to the 7pm show so i left my house at 4:45 during rush hour traffic and my god did it suck. Took 1 hour and a half to drive only 20 miles.

kimbo
Sea Post King

I got there late while Wesley was like already half way through his set and my friend and I were walking in the front and Sherri and Stacy came out of the Bus and I got to get pictures with them.. They are super nice