Laughing City
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

Often times bands sell their new albums at live shows months in advance. Obviously this is not the case since none of you are raving about it yet. Will Eisley start selling it before August 14? Probably not since August 14 is a show in their home state.

Another question: How has "Combinations" not leaked? Name another album that comes out next Tuesday, and I almost guaruntee it has leaked recently, if not months ago. Pretty impressive that WB has been able to keep it from getting out.

Mister_Pine
Sea Post King

About leaking, I've heard that WB made the advance copies so protected that many people weren't even able to listen to them to give them reviews. I guess that's a good and bad thing.

Sure, I would've downloaded a leak of it but I also still would've bought the CD when it released. Some people wouldn't and still won't when it "leaks" on next week.

manyfunerals
Sea Post King

http://idolator.com/tunes/14-bucks-can-buy-you-a-shiny-piece-of-plasti c/music-industry-continues-its-assault-on-people-willing-to-pay-for-it s-product-280105.php

my friend had been looking for a leaked copy and emailed that to me
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Stacey seemed to be under the impression that it had already leaked.

Eisley and Mae have cd's coming out on the same day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

The lack of a leak astounds me too. Room Noises was floating around like a month before the release. I guess the utter lack of playable preview CDs has ensured that no one, not even music critics, can hear the full versions of these songs before August 14th. I'd rather see Combinations on Oink and Demonoid than not have any advance press for it. Way to go, Warner Brothers. Rolling Eyes

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I still think that said blog user is probably dumb, unless they changed something about those preview CDs. Mine never gave me any trouble. The only reason it leaked last time is because someone was dumb enough to put their encoded CD online.

That said, I too am astounded it hasn't leaked yet.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

geez, these big companies can do nothing right. Leakage and we argue with 'em for being leniant; no leak at all and we're angry.

Rolling Eyes

I DON'T GIVE A FEDGE THAT IT HASN'T LEAKED

all the better for it, too.
and for pete's sake, alot of people have been tlaking like they know the album back to front already. I take issue with that. I've heard liek three tracks, years back, can't remember the names. I've been rediscovering Room Noises. it's more amazing than i remembered it being. so, you know.. this is a bit of a rant.

All i can add is that I got Stephanie Dosen's new album when she supported Midlake. A promo copy. As in, so non-sellable the merch person had to dig into the merch box when i asked if she had anything by stephanie dosen. Rolling Eyes

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
norad
Vintage Newbie

woman4life wrote:

Yeah, I heard it leaked but it was no where to be found.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

patrock wrote:
woman4life wrote:

I think it's a safe assumption that anything has leaked these days. Making it even more amazing that Combinations seems to have avoided that so far.

norad
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
patrock wrote:
woman4life wrote:

I think it's a safe assumption that anything has leaked these days. Making it even more amazing that Combinations seems to have avoided that so far.

The band was told the album leaked though. So who knows.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
geez, these big companies can do nothing right. Leakage and we argue with 'em for being leniant; no leak at all and we're angry.

I said above I'd rather see Combinations on Oink and Demonoid than have no advance press for it. If there was no leak and people could still review the CD, I'd be perfectly happy.

TheAntrider wrote:
I still think that said blog user is probably dumb, unless they changed something about those preview CDs. Mine never gave me any trouble. The only reason it leaked last time is because someone was dumb enough to put their encoded CD online.

So you played it on your computer or a recent stereo system without any issue? And it came directly from the label, not the band?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

patrock wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
patrock wrote:
woman4life wrote:

The band was told the album leaked though. So who knows.

There are false alarms, though. Or it might have leaked, and got taken out before it spread. Or it might have just leaked in some dark corner. Never know. All we can tell is that it hasn't spread far enough for us to find yet. Which probably means any leaking has been minimal so far.

Saellys wrote:
So you played it on your computer or a recent stereo system without any issue? And it came directly from the label, not the band?

Indeed. I went through Marty to get it. It's covered in the gaggle of warning labels and everything. ha. I just tested it on my laptop to make sure it was still good. Played fine.

Anarr
Sea Post King

Rolling Eyes

i may be wrong...but i don't think anybody is saying "oh man if only this CD had leaked...that would be AWESOME"

i don't know if that is what you were talking about though.

[flickr] http://www.flickr.com/photos/artache
[last.fm] http://www.last.fm/user/owlslikeus/
[livejournal] http://anarr.livejournal.com
[myspace] http://www.myspace.com/kkthnxby
TheAntrider wrote:
I'm inspired to quit doing drugs. So inspired that I will start doing drugs just so I can quit them!

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Anarr wrote:

Rolling Eyes

i may be wrong...but i don't think anybody is saying "oh man if only this CD had leaked...that would be AWESOME"

no-one was saying it. it was a general vibe i got.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
norad
Vintage Newbie

Anarr wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I haven't said that yet...but I was totally thinking it.