Laughing City
Gilligan
Sea Post King

Why does it seem that the Moss-ites never post anymore? Has success caused them to withdraw from the people who love them the most, or is this some conspiracy? They posted all the time before those...... INDUSTRY PEOPLE came along. Idea
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Not really If you look hard you will find the secrect posts of the children merry chistmas and happy seaching Laughing
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

#1. practicing all the time - like tonight, on Christmas day for the show tomorrow night, right?

#2. notepad and pen in hand, they light their darkened brains to come up with a new name. (until we come up with a new name, there's no promotion and we can't really even announce the Coldplay show)

#3. been in LA and NY and Christmas and relatives and shows and now we're going back to LA next Monday to showcase more. (DreamWorks, Capitol, American...so it is partly the labels fault but not because they're rock stars now and are too cool) Practicing to prep for Showcasing is pretty huge...gosh...the music, the moment...you don't want to choke on your one shot. They were rehearsing every night till 2 - 3 am. before those trips and now they'll be doing more this coming week.

#4. emails at the house to each band member - dozens daily add up to hundreds weekly. They do their best to answer those.

#5. life, church, song-writing, school, other responsibilities...just regular stuff...like burning CD's because that's the only way we can afford to have them for shows...

#6. One computer - massive family - (not to mention me, who does freelance on it, updates their website, communication, etc.) It's hard to lobby for time on this One Apple.

But still, I understand the sentiment...and will encourage them to get on the board more often. all cool. thanks for understanding everybody.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
markymark106
Golly, Poster

Was that an Eminem quote..... Laughing
Gilligan
Sea Post King

OH MY GOSH! Boyd, forgive me for sounding like I was downing the band. My gosh, right now is such a huge time for them all! Don't bother them with more band junk by "encouraging" them to get on the computer to chat with those of us who are too pathetic to lead lives of our own! Let them do it because they want to! If they can't, it's totally cool!
boyd
Eisleyoid

ahh shucks.....thats nice. BUT YOUR TOO LATE!! I WILL NOW BEAT THEM badly with my very oaken Battle Yam several times amid the torso region until they stop behaving so badly.

("you ok, my little buddy?" Skipper 1969)

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Gilligan
Sea Post King

Be sure and hit Weston EXTRA hard. Right around the kneecaps. Yeah, that would be cool! Remember the episode of Gilligan's Island when that really corny Monkees rip-off band landed on the island to write their new record, and the girls made up their own little pop trio? And the band left them on the island because they were afraid they would take their place in the music biz? I think it was because Ms. Howell was so "hip and cool". She was, like, farout! I mean, with her in the band, they were a shoe-in for rock stardom. So, you guys be sure and look out for bands/people like that along the way...... maybe travel with your bat, too. JUST IN CASE.
Stacy
Sea Post King

Hello everybody,
This is Stacy. i'm sorry for the lack of communication.
we've been working on new music for your ears.
most of it is just stuff stored on little tape recorders around the house.
Yeah.....And i got a new key board for christmas. its a tiny little
pss-140 its like..15 inches. it's just like tim smiths from midlake!
i'm excited. I hope you all had a lovely christmas. i hope that
you walked through a couple of forests. Because i sure did.
I am hoping that some of you will come to our show tonight
at club clearview. If not, that's okay.
thanks you.

love,stacy
GlassUser
Sea Post King

I'd love to, but that drive is killer.
Joined: 26 Dec 2002 | Posts: 407 | Location: Houston, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number