Laughing City
I_wish_i_was_Eisley
Sea Post King

Dear Eisley,
i have lots of questions b/c i love your band! anyway, i want to start a band, and i don't have any members yet, nor have i asked for any yet, but i hope you can help me out. now i want a band like eisley, but not sister and brother band (not because i REALLY don't want to, but its just that i only have ONE sister, and she doesn't want to do it... Crying or Very sad soOo...i want my friends to do it with me, but first i need some answers! okay, number one, how did you get popular to the teens? i have heard you did brewtones at the Vineyard church, but i don't think that they would want me to do it there, so i would like some suggestions, but not at like places a person under 13 can't go into, or something, cuz i am only 12! lol, anyways, number two, where should i ask people to be in the band? i was thinking that you did before you were an all sibling band, but if not, thats fine. number three, how do you come up with GREAT lyrics?!? THEY ARE AMAZING!!! i have made up some, and all, but there not as beautiful as yours Very Happy!!! and lastly, how do you make up a great name like EISLEY? anyway, thank you bunches if you reply to this, it would mean alot to me! thank you! and i love you all, and your wonderful music, espially all you girls, Chauntelle, Sherri, and Stacy! you are great!
love,
Your top fan in the world!
i wish i could be a great band like you one day! Wink
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

In b4 the lock!
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Anarr
Sea Post King

I_wish_i_was_Eisley wrote:

Your top fan in the world!

[flickr] http://www.flickr.com/photos/artache
[last.fm] http://www.last.fm/user/owlslikeus/
[livejournal] http://anarr.livejournal.com
[myspace] http://www.myspace.com/kkthnxby
TheAntrider wrote:
I'm inspired to quit doing drugs. So inspired that I will start doing drugs just so I can quit them!

norad
Vintage Newbie

Sorry to tell you this but, the band themselves rarely ever respond to threads.
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Who's Eilsey?

Oh I'm so bad.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kim might be in to answer your questions. Until then, I've got some suggestions for you.

Do you go to a church youth group? It's a pretty good way to meet people your age who share the same interests and skills. If the youth group has a worship team, see if you can join in and you might get better at your chosen instrument, not to mention playing along with other people.

Otherwise, go to any all-ages shows that you can. That could be an issue at your age, but there are places that host them... skate parks are popular venues for teens and pre-teens. You might need to beg your parents, but make sure they know how much you really love music and how much you want to be in a band. You're not too young.

See if there's a group that supports young musicians in your area. Portland has the Rock & Roll Camp for Girls, and Nashville has the Southern Girls Rock & Roll Camp (I'm volunteering there next year!). If you can't get to one of those, find something similar where you can network and form a band. I wish I'd been into music when I was your age and could track down resources like that; I'd probably be a lot further along than I am right now.

Most importantly, even if you can't find anyone right away, make sure you practice on your own. Know your instrument inside and out, whatever it may be. Take voice lessons if you want to be a singer. Play and sing along with Eisley songs and other artists you like. Pick up some books on writing lyrics and/or poetry and write all the time. It's hard work, but it's totally worth it.

Good luck! And welcome to the forum! Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

Hannah that was the cutest post ever.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Hannah,
great advice! I could not have said it better, or added anything to it.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Embarassed Aww, shucks. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:
In b4 the lock!

I laughed way too loud at that post.

And yeah, good post, Hannah.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Cool

AAA TopiX No B7 required.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

hopes this works out really well for you. Smile
redrubberball
Sea Post King

Where is the pouncing? I can't believe there weren't any more smart remarks than the one or two. And thank you Hannah for taking time to give a serious answer to a serious question.

Good luck with your band i_wish_i_was_eisley!