Laughing City
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

treetops12 wrote:
I'd love to hear studio versions of Lady Get Away, Aristicats, and The Mainframe.

yeah, i know this might be like, blasphemous or whatever, but aristicats and the mainframe are my favorite eisley songs. i like them better than some of the ones on comibnations. Embarassed
hah.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

princesstripandfall wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
I'd love to hear studio versions of Lady Get Away, Aristicats, and The Mainframe.

yeah, i know this might be like, blasphemous or whatever, but aristicats and the mainframe are my favorite eisley songs. i like them better than some of the ones on comibnations. Embarassed
hah.

Ditto. Basically, those are the three I was thinking about in particular...
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

So, umm..where can I hear these songs?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Like I said, they're stolen demos. You'd have to track down someone who already has them.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:
princesstripandfall wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

hah.

Ditto. Basically, those are the three I was thinking about in particular...

those definately have to be in the "weird" category, i wonder if they've any more recently, how awesome would that be? Eisley plays "weird" really well, almost too well...hmm?

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

yeah, they're wierd but i looove them.
im kind of glad that the didnt make it to the studio, cause most of the band's recordings seem to strip away something in stacy's vocals that is way apparent there, esp. Aristicats. (the end, holy moly)
The Mainframe is kind of like ODISfA pt. 2 with the bronchitis and whatnot. ha.
Y'all can get back to the original discussion now.

let's please not make this a discussion about how a "real" fan wouldn't ever think of listening to the baby tracks, because that's ridiculous. I'm about as real of a fan as they come. those two songs are, in my opinion, two of the best that the band has ever done and the best demos of any artist i've ever heard-they should be embraced and enjoyed.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Once again, agreed princesstripandfall, especially about the vocals.

But yeah, I didn't want this to become another stolen tracks discussion...though I know the thread/topic pretty much lends itself in that direction... Confused I just thought the possibilty was neat!

Music_Lover wrote:

those definately have to be in the "weird" category, i wonder if they've any more recently, how awesome would that be? Eisley plays "weird" really well, almost too well...hmm?

They definitely do! Especially early Eisley. "Tree Tops" is different both musically and lyrically. "Queen of Leaves" musically (though what an image lyrically!)..."Lady of the Woods" falling and breaking her wrist in a well, poor girl! Actually that whole song, with the intro and the upbeat version of the song, is amazing. Even "Marvelous Things" and more recently "Invasion" to a certain extent. That's just a few.

I know a lot of those songs the band contributed to just being very imaginative, books, and having to make things up because of youth...but I don't think that was horrible! They seem just as comfortable expanding the possibilities with their songs as they do with their catchier, more accessible songs.

This is nothing against the more "real" lyrics. I love both, but just giving some love to the weirder side of Eisley. Laughing
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:

They definitely do! Especially early Eisley. "Tree Tops" is different both musically and lyrically. "Queen of Leaves" musically (though what an image lyrically!)..."Lady of the Woods" falling and breaking her wrist in a well, poor girl! Actually that whole song, with the intro and the upbeat version of the song, is amazing. Even "Marvelous Things" and more recently "Invasion" to a certain extent. That's just a few.

I know a lot of those songs the band contributed to just being very imaginative, books, and having to make things up because of youth...but I don't think that was horrible! They seem just as comfortable expanding the possibilities with their songs as they do with their catchier, more accessible songs.

This is nothing against the more "real" lyrics. I love both, but just giving some love to the weirder side of Eisley. Laughing

Lady of the Wood didn't fall down a well, somebody threw her down there. "Oh no sir, it's oh so sad she was taken away." I love that line.
They probably won't mess with any of those older songs that were stolen because of the negative vibes. I like the older weirder psychodelic fantasy songs a lot, possibly better than the new stuff, but I think those days are gone. It makes me sad that Sherri and Stacy feel embarrassed by the lyrics to Marverlous Things. On the old live "They All Surrounded Me" track I have they say something like "This next song is about a dragon." totally straight-faced and without shame.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Nowhere Man wrote:
It makes me sad that Sherri and Stacy feel embarrassed by the lyrics to Marverlous Things. On the old live "They All Surrounded Me" track I have they say something like "This next song is about a dragon." totally straight-faced and without shame.
At the Phoenix acoustic show when Sherri was giving her little spiel about slurring the "mermaid-entwined shrubbery" line I really liked when Chauntelle stood up for the verse, saying that it was just art and didn't have to mean anything specific and that worked nicely in the song because of its imagery, fantastic or not. I really wish my camera hadn't broken, I'd be able to remember what she said a lot better / rip and upload it for you all. I agree with her too, I love the quirky little lines from older songs like that which are so uncommon in music today. They make the songs feel much more honest.
Sea Post King

Mooncutter wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
It makes me sad that Sherri and Stacy feel embarrassed by the lyrics to Marverlous Things. On the old live "They All Surrounded Me" track I have they say something like "This next song is about a dragon." totally straight-faced and without shame.
At the Phoenix acoustic show when Sherri was giving her little spiel about slurring the "mermaid-entwined shrubbery" line I really liked when Chauntelle stood up for the verse, saying that it was just art and didn't have to mean anything specific and that worked nicely in the song because of its imagery, fantastic or not. I really wish my camera hadn't broken, I'd be able to remember what she said a lot better / rip and upload it for you all. I agree with her too, I love the quirky little lines from older songs like that which are so uncommon in music today. They make the songs feel much more honest.

You captured what she said pretty well. Which is to say, that's how I remember it as well.

Also, I agree with everything else in your post. While I love the new album with the passion of 1000 burning suns, what I wouldn't give for just one more Brightly Wound or Marvelous Things.

Lost at Forum

Binary Dragon wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

You captured what she said pretty well. Which is to say, that's how I remember it as well.

Also, I agree with everything else in your post. While I love the new album with the passion of 1000 burning suns, what I wouldn't give for just one more Brightly Wound or Marvelous Things.

i totally agree. i love the album and the band to death (er, alot), but honestly i think it relies way too heavily on repetition. come clean, in my opinion, is the most "beautiful" song on the cd, but the repetition of the pre-chorus/chorus kind of makes me bored. sorry if that offends anyone, but it's true. (Not to say that that keeps me from listening to it a good 4 times a day!)
I miss their imaginations. I'm proud of the new cd because they're proud of it and it is an amazing album, but the straightfoward lyrics dissapoint me a little.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Everbody looks back on their old songs and laughs. I think it's pretty much a requirement.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
expectedperfection
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
I hope a "weird" track ends up being Lady Get Away. Does anyone know if that made it further than pre-production?

I was just wondering that the other day. I lurve that song.

Okay--here it is again! So "Lady Get Away" is definitely an Eisley song and I've never heard of it.

That's what I get for going to school and getting too busy to check in on Trolleywood.

College sucks.

Although, I did make President's List last semester so I guess...no--no it's still not worth missing out on Eisley Music News.

And how is it that a song that only made it into pre-production has been heard by people--live?? I don't remember this song being played at the Texas shows.

I need some help people--I'm going to be studying in England for two semesters and if there are Eisley songs I don't have, I need to know how to have them. I know their music is going to be of great comfort for me when I am sad and lonely over there.

I'm still freaking out because I found a better version of "Lady of the Wood" on some random sight when I wasn't even trying to search for it, but unfortunately can't find a way to put it in my music library in order to put it on my ipod. "Lady of the Wood" is my absolute FAVORITE Eisley song and I would kill--KILL to have the full version that has better sound than the one from OGG. The problem is I leave next Tuesday so I'm running out of time to figure this all out.

Sorry...like anyone wants to hear my problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
expectedperfection
Sea Post King

And also:

Their old stuff is my favorite stuff--the b-sides are my top faves because of the fact that they're different and "weird" and rougher (e.g. without professional sound/mixing guys coming in and changing stuff) These versions are definitely more artistic and imaginative b/c the first thing the suits do (in my opinion) is water the sound down and standardize the songs and basically take away pieces of their character. I think the original version of "Telescope Eyes" is infintely better than the album version. The lyrics are better the sound, or feel if you will is better. I may have already said this in some other thread...or maybe it was my myspace blog review of Combinations...anyway, that's how I feel.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

expectedperfection wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
I hope a "weird" track ends up being Lady Get Away. Does anyone know if that made it further than pre-production?

I was just wondering that the other day. I lurve that song.

Okay--here it is again! So "Lady Get Away" is definitely an Eisley song and I've never heard of it.

And how is it that a song that only made it into pre-production has been heard by people--live?? I don't remember this song being played at the Texas shows.

I need some help people--I'm going to be studying in England for two semesters and if there are Eisley songs I don't have, I need to know how to have them. I know their music is going to be of great comfort for me when I am sad and lonely over there.

I'm still freaking out because I found a better version of "Lady of the Wood" on some random sight when I wasn't even trying to search for it, but unfortunately can't find a way to put it in my music library in order to put it on my ipod. "Lady of the Wood" is my absolute FAVORITE Eisley song and I would kill--KILL to have the full version that has better sound than the one from OGG. The problem is I leave next Tuesday so I'm running out of time to figure this all out.
Lady Get Away is the name of one of the stolen demos that surfaced last year before they recorded the album. I was asking about it because in one of Stacy's pre-production pictures it was written on a whiteboard with some other songs, and I'm certain it's never been played live.
As for your Lady of the Wood problem, what format is the song in?