Laughing City
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

When I got home from work on Friday, my Eisley DVD was sitting waiting for me, fresh from (the) Amazon [how many people have made that joke before, i wonder...]!

I watched most of the live tracks. I think I skipped Memories. My mum came in during Marvelous Things, stood, watched for about a minute and said "are they famous? I recognise that song. They must be famous". not quite mother dear, i just listen to them alot...

Later on, my dad came in, asked who they were, and what they're set-up was. i asked, "in terms of what?" "People-wise". I told him. "three sisters, their brother, and their cousin".
"kind of like the Corrs then...".

LOVE IT!
I really loved Trolleywood! how everyone came on and did their own part. I particularly digged the jazzy keys! added a bit of sparkle to that song, it did! I was wondering how they would do it live, if they would etc etc, so that was particularly cool.

The video for Memories reminded me of Fantasia at points, but only vaguely.

It was quite weird hearing the raw tracks, or bits of tracks. Stacy's voice was haunting during Invasion. I didn't sit through all if the making of because i did find it wierd, and also because there was a conversation in the room going on...

I also listened to Room Noises in it's entirity tonight. My CD's still at a mate's house, but in a fit of vinyl fantasy I remembered that i bought the vinyl when i first saw them live! still an incredible album, really... I remember a review of Combinations that mentioned the old side a/side b rock/not so rocky thing, and that Eisley are quite good at that. I must say that on both albums the second halves really had to grow on me (more so on Combinations). I do prefer they're rockier stuff, although Brightly Wound is simply devine.
And it may be old, but Telescope Eyes to me sounded fresh as this evening.

Also, regarding Starbucks coffee. My mum said at the dinner table to the family at large, "did you know you can get Starbucks to buy? you know, packets?"
"yeah..." i said quietly, 'cause i was faintly embarrassed that i knew this, "you can get machines... Boyd DuPree has one..."
Puzzled and inquisitive looks led me to hurridly say, "father of eisley. really stupid fact. he says alot of stuff in his journals...". Well, it was better than... a silence followed by a cough followed by a "ummmmm..."

strange times, strange times...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
RJ Mac
Sea Post King

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
I really loved Trolleywood! how everyone came on and did their own part. I particularly digged the jazzy keys! added a bit of sparkle to that song, it did! I was wondering how they would do it live, if they would etc etc, so that was particularly cool.

Yeah, that's my favorite of all the live tracks.

Brightly Wound is simply devine.

That's like, #2 in my top 5 favorite Eisley songs. I love the vocals and lyrics.

Also, regarding Starbucks coffee. My mum said at the dinner table to the family at large, "did you know you can get Starbucks to buy? you know, packets?"
"yeah..." i said quietly, 'cause i was faintly embarrassed that i knew this, "you can get machines... Boyd DuPree has one..."
Puzzled and inquisitive looks led me to hurridly say, "father of eisley. really stupid fact. he says alot of stuff in his journals..."

Sounds like something my big brother or I would know. Laughing

"Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts risin'
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water

Even when the earth crumbles under my feet
Even when the ones I love turn around and crucify me
I won't ever, ever let you down
Won't go, won't go, won't go as long as You're around me"
Joined: 15 Jul 2007 | Posts: 189 | Location: Sprint Car Capitol Of The World (Knoxville Raceway....we're the one!)
Last edited by RJ Mac on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

RJ Mac wrote:

Ditto. The deluxe edition was worth the extra cash just for that bit. It brought back great memories of the Lawrence show back in '06. Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
RJ Mac wrote:

Ditto. The deluxe edition was worth the extra cash just for that bit. It brought back great memories of the Lawrence show back in '06. Very Happy

agreed, i felt like i was reliving it all over again, ha...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!