Laughing City
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

If you haven't read it yet, check it out. He writes hopeful things about good changes in the future. It's pretty interesting (though unfortunately vague).

But I did like this part:

Quote:
And there will undoubtedly be more touring. This year. If so, with other
bands... bigger bands; time to reach out beyond our base. No more touring
w/ punk bands, harder rock bands. From now on, only tours that absolutely
make complete sense. Make sense?

I've always been a little confused in the past with the bands they've toured with. The groups Eisley seemed to connect themselves with never seemed to fit somehow. Not to say these groups are bad or anything, I just didn't get the connection.

Well, anyway. I just thought I'd start a thread on this. I'm interested to see everyone else's opinion on Boyd's post.

Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

sukieinthe_g wrote:

I've always been a little confused in the past with the bands they've toured with. The groups Eisley seemed to connect themselves with never seemed to fit somehow. Not to say these groups are bad or anything, I just didn't get the connection.

I agree

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

From what I have heard, the past tours have largely been products of bands inviting them, and them not seeing fit to turn the tours down. They have generally been productive, though I think those kinds of tours would do better to be at least sandwiched between tours with more like-minded bands. Now I'm pulling for an Arcade Fire or Sigur Ros tour. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Catey
Lost at Forum

I can't see a band they fit with properly. If we were talking ultimate show then I'd say put Eisley with The Shins and Lifehouse and watch the magic flow but they are all different and unconnected bands.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Now I'm pulling for an Arcade Fire or Sigur Ros tour. Laughing

wow, that would be awesome.

Sigur would have to be doing a very different type of tour than they did for the last one for Eisley to fit though. it was a sit down in your seat auditorium tour with Aamina (sp?) opening and playing strings for them later. although i think the new Sigur press release talked about the album being influenced by the acoustic stuff they did for their film, so maybe Eisley could do something like their acoustic tour opening?

golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Yes. I agree. Although I thoroughly enjoyed them touring with Hot Hot Heat. Two of my favorite bands in one show. That was nice. Vedera wasn't too bad either.
But as far as big bands go, I'd love to see them with the Decemberists, Death Cab For Cutie, Bright Eyes, Jimmy Eat World, Travis, Rilo Kiley, or the Flaming Lips.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Boyd's post made me want to start a revolution. Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:
Yes. I agree. Although I thoroughly enjoyed them touring with Hot Hot Heat. Two of my favorite bands in one show. That was nice. Vedera wasn't too bad either.
But as far as big bands go, I'd love to see them with the Decemberists, Death Cab For Cutie, Bright Eyes, Jimmy Eat World, Travis, Rilo Kiley, or the Flaming Lips.

yes, these are all really good to fairly good choices.
i didn't know JEW was even around any more.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:
I can't see a band they fit with properly. If we were talking ultimate show then I'd say put Eisley with The Shins and Lifehouse and watch the magic flow but they are all different and unconnected bands.

Eisley & The Shins, now that would be something really special.

Anyway, I liked Boyd's post. I liked Sherri's post (from 5/26). I liked how they reaffirm what seems to be the Eisley Principle - "make a special kind of music... (for you)." In all it makes me even more eager to hear what they come up with next. Drop the breadcrumbs, I'll follow them.

kulvir
Laughing Citizen

I'm excited over this part of Boyd's post:

Quote:
Does it also make sense to introduce Eisley to the world? Canada, for
example, is a good place to start. Saturation cannot be reached by touring
Montreal and Toronto alone. We have foreign soil right across the border.

I really do think Canada would be receptive to Eisley but they have had little exposure up here. It would be great if Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg got to experience some Eisley.

Saellys wrote:
Boyd's post made me want to start a revolution. Very Happy

I just got a mental picture of Boyd in a beret on a t-shirt. Very Happy

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

yeah. eisley is so different from any other music i've ever heard. since i've been a fan, i haven't heard any other bands'songs that sound even remotely like eisley. as boyd says with their old motto, "A special kind of music is for you..." Wink
mellon collie
Sea Post King

TWO moon references! i love the moon. and eisley!

Quote:
Post Tourdom
We are recovering... recovering means dealing with the concavity of
post-tour mordemness; (nah) It's more like what astronauts experience
just after re-entry. Dizzy. Dis-oriented.

Quote:
When I was a kid, we had a book entitled, "You Will Go to the Moon".
Maybe it was a lofty goal... people riding around on the lunar surface in
little buggies. I don't care about the moon. Our new book is titled: "Eisley
Will Go to the Earth". Maybe not immediately... but it will happen.

i thought that was the cutest thing ever! i want to see more done with that phrase "eisley will go to the earth." :] :] it'd be awesome on shirts and places.
it makes me smile quite a bit.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

emilytheanteater wrote:
yeah. eisley is so different from any other music i've ever heard. since i've been a fan, i haven't heard any other bands'songs that sound even remotely like eisley. as boyd says with their old motto, "A special kind of music is for you..." Wink

Part of it is that Eisley is pretty original, but the other part of it, I imagine, is that you are young.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Quote:
For example, WB is ready for the band to start recording new music... shorter record cycles, parcels of songs (not unlike an ep equaling a part to an eventual whole); but the record industry is changing. Continuing means shifting to new arrangements. It's all interesting. But nothing will ever be the same again. We are also talking about recording a song or two with the band's happy thought studio: Rosewood, here in Tyler. How long have we been talking about that? Time to do it.

I wonder if this means we'll get a recorded Lady of the Wood(s) sometime soon. Very Happy Or ICBTFY + Intro? Granted I'm sure the WB is more interested in new music rather than a rehash of old, but it would still make for great bonus tracks.

I would love for them to release an EP or two before the next album. Hard copy preferably, even if it's be something we'd have to order directly from the band.

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

inorbit wrote:
emilytheanteater wrote:

Part of it is that Eisley is pretty original, but the other part of it, I imagine, is that you are young.

oh probably...i'm only 18, so i haven't really listened to music fm the 60's, 70's, 80's 90's... but i do agree that eisley is REALLY orginal

goto page
 | next >>