29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
5 +
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

In light of the recent interview how many albums will have to be put out before Eisley stops performing elescope Eyes much to Sherri's happiness.
kqv
Sea Post King

If she doesn't want it to be played they shouldn't. It is a really good one though. But I can listen to all the Eisley songs I have (40) and enjoy them. I really love their older ones: Sea King, Mr. Pine, Sun Feet, Vintage People, Silverbugs, The Winter Song, Pretender, and Laughing City in it's place. I really really want a studio version of Silverbugs!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Got a link to that interview? I want to know why Sherri feels compelled to include "Telescope Eyes" in their setlists if nobody in the band likes the song. Don't like it? It's your song; stop playing it. Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The loud cheers that Telescope Eyes get at some markets (often the loudest of the night at many of the shows I've been to) is probably the main driving force behind this. I can live without it, but people like the song.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kqv
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Got a link to that interview? I want to know why Sherri feels compelled to include "Telescope Eyes" in their setlists if nobody in the band likes the song. Don't like it? It's your song; stop playing it. Confused

http://futurerockstarsofamerica.com/blog/feature/issue-002/eisley/

It's the most recent press link from the main site.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I'm not going to say (again) how I feel about this song. I think it'll be a song where after the next album or so they'll stop playing it and then after another album or so they'll start working it back in every once and a while.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Well, I know that many of my friends who've checked Eisley out listened to TE. So, people who aren't Eisley fans but have checked out their music probaby have heard TE simply because it's been around for so long. They probably still play it for those people in the crowd...
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

Telescope Eyes is personally the one that got me into Eisley, but I can listen to it and not listen to it when I choose, if the band feels obligated to play it for a fanbase, then they play it whether they want to or not.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I like the first version from EP2, maybe they should play that version because it's a little different, they might not get tired of it as quickly. Switch it up between that and the one everyone knows from RN.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

They should just stop playing it now.
They don't like, then don't play it. Sounds fair to me.

nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

Telescope Eyes is my least favorite Eisley song. and to my memory I dont recall them playing it at the most recent NYC show and I was happy about that. (and if they did play it i totally pretended it never happened). Though i did like it acoustic. So im ok if they dropped it from their set for like 2 years... or forever. whichever.

creation is salvation
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I am indifferent. If they dislike the song, then I think it gets played because so many people were first introduced to them by that song, or the video of that song. Hearing it at a concert does not bother me in the least.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

No, they should play it, but show this sort of apathy whilst performing it.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

Thom's expression is like "I can't believe I still have to sing this damn song."
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

what's this? a band playing an old song that other people like even if you and the band don't? I'm shocked - but sarcastically so.

Maybe in 7 years time it'll become a golden-oldie, in the same way She Don't Like Jelly is for The Flaming Lips.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland