72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
This?
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

norad
Vintage Newbie

Flip That House wins 'cause Flip This House has some obviously scripted moments unlike the other.

Flip That House is the one on TLC and Flip This House is on A&E.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I'm gonna go with the majority here and choose "this".

Protocol Droid

There are two such similarly titled shows? I'm totally going to start "Gray's Anatomy" now. Or maybe I'll have "His Name Is Earl" ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
There are two such similarly titled shows? I'm totally going to start "Gray's Anatomy" now. Or maybe I'll have "His Name Is Earl" ...

This could be a real cash cow! How about Gyros?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
leighish
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

This could be a real cash cow! How about Gyros?

Laughing

/thread

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

I'm a bigger fan of This.
It's an hour long, as opposed to the half hour of That, and it goes more into the business side of things which is more interesting.

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

i like the word "this" better than the word "that"
So I voted for this. I honestlyhave no idea what this thread is about.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Flipping houses is so 3 years ago. Most everyone in it since then is in debt up to their ears, and had all their equity wiped out.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
I'm a bigger fan of This.
It's an hour long, as opposed to the half hour of That, and it goes more into the business side of things which is more interesting.

Flip That House is an hour long I thought.
EDIT: Nevermind, wrong again.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Flipping houses is so 3 years ago. Most everyone in it since then is in debt up to their ears, and had all their equity wiped out.

If you have the money and are willing to wait a year or two for some ROI, now isn't a bad time to buy a house for flipping.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:

If you have the money and are willing to wait a year or two for some ROI, now isn't a bad time to buy a house for flipping.

I think the bottom will be in a year or two, though certainly some areas of the country are doing better than others. And surely some money is out there to be made, buying foreclosures for maybe 70% of their "worth" and fixing them up. But problem is that many areas already have a glut of houses on the market (mostly speculators/flippers from a year or two ago, trying to get their money out of the house before they go bankrupt). With too much supply of houses in many areas of the country, prices should go down before they go up.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

We (my mom and I) have always just sort of stuck to flipping the houses we live in, so we've never hit TOO much financial trouble in market slumps.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
We (my mom and I) have always just sort of stuck to flipping the houses we live in, so we've never hit TOO much financial trouble in market slumps.

I've known some people who have done that. The ones who have 10 going at 1 time are the ones getting hurt. But that would make a lot of sense to buy it, live in it while your fixing it up, sell it, and move onto the next one. Pretty hard to get hurt doing that (as you have to live somewhere anyway). Or buy a duplex and rent out the 1 unit while living in/fixing up the other unit.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

anotherrandomtuesday wrote:

I've known some people who have done that. The ones who have 10 going at 1 time are the ones getting hurt. But that would make a lot of sense to buy it, live in it while your fixing it up, sell it, and move onto the next one. Pretty hard to get hurt doing that (as you have to live somewhere anyway). Or buy a duplex and rent out the 1 unit while living in/fixing up the other unit.

Yeah. We could make a profit by just living in the same size house all the time, but we choose to improve our standard of living instead by moving to nicer areas. If a house isn't live-inable, you can rent a trailer even. Typically you'll be able to move in really quickly if you just get started.