Laughing City
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I remember at the start of some tour/one-time show (It might have been Buzz Oven or the first acoustic show) the girls opened with a vocal intro before going into the first song. Does anyone else remember this?
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

yeah, there was a clip of it on Myspace, and it's not longer there, they should open every show with that song, it's called We Had Voices, it's a Stacy demo from "The Baby" batch, and i liked it better live, although it is incredible and one of my favorite songs...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Last edited by The_Paronomasial_Mattoid on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

did anyone make an mp3 from the myspace video?
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

not that i know of, it was really, REALLY crappy quality, really short, and you could barely hear it, but it still was amazing.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
norad
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
yeah, there was a clip of it on Myspace, and it's not longer there, they should open every show with that song, it's called We Had Voices, it's a Stacy demo from "The Baby" batch, and i liked it better live, although it is incredible and one of my favorite songs...

It is NOT from The Baby. That song (and the rest of the Stacy batch) is older than the The Baby tracks (I believe). It's just Stacy messing around by herself for herself. Nothing to do with Eisley except for the fact that it's Stacy and she's in the band.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

patrock wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

It is NOT from The Baby. That song (and the rest of the Stacy batch) is older than the The Baby tracks (I believe). It's just Stacy messing around by herself for herself. Nothing to do with Eisley except for the fact that it's Stacy and she's in the band.

They are shared with the "Baby" tracks. Hence their association. They were likely stolen at the same time, though that's up for debate, too. Regardless, they are shared as a collective. But the "Baby" songs are Eisley demos, whereas (as Nora said) the Sherri and Stacy tracks are personal recordings. Granted, any original stuff could be considered prototypes of Eisley songs.

And the performance in question was from The Buzz Oven show in Dec. 2006.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theantrider/326349098/

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

right on. thanks guy. it's been driving me crazy for a while. I thought I lost it and just made it up after not being able to find the video of it (when I knew I thought I saw one sometime).
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
And the performance in question was from The Buzz Oven show in Dec. 2006.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theantrider/326349098/

Holy crap that is an awesome set list.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
They were likely stolen at the same time, though that's up for debate, too.

Yeah, the Stacy songs were floating around in 2005 while the Baby didn't show up until last year... I'm guessing they weren't stolen simultaneously. But that's neither here nor there. "We Had Voices" is a killer vocal intro and I hope they revive it for future shows.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

i hate when people talk about those songs BECAUSE IVE NEVER HEARD THEM AND I GET EATEN UP WITH JEALOUSY EVERY TIME SOMEONE MENTIONS IT! RAAWWRRR Mad

creation is salvation
ks1990
Lost at Forum

nerdcorex0 wrote:
i hate when people talk about those songs BECAUSE IVE NEVER HEARD THEM AND I GET EATEN UP WITH JEALOUSY EVERY TIME SOMEONE MENTIONS IT! RAAWWRRR Mad

ditto Laughing
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

After searching through my Eisley files, I found an mp3 clip from the live video that was posted on Myspace. It's really short, but for those who have never heard it, here you go...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xvltpv

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

ks1990 wrote:
nerdcorex0 wrote:

ditto Laughing

Sorry it has that effect on you guys, but it's pretty unavoidable that it will be talked about. The subject comes up in some capacity every couple of months, and every time there's someone who wishes people would stop talking about it because they haven't heard the songs. Not likely.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

i didn't word that right, i know it's not a song from "The Baby", but it was stolen and given to people along with the baby songs...

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

where did the title "the baby" come from?

it makes me think it's some concept album about a person's life...