Laughing City
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

To Write Love On Her Arms talked about Eisley in a bulletin they posted.

"Oh and on a fun note, i replaced myself with Eisley. My sister emily is quite the Eisley fan. Renee loves them as well. Anyway, really good band and they've been wearing our stuff and you can find TWLOHA in their top friends... Eisley is about to hit the road for a heck of a tour. They are headed out with two bands we dig very much: one is the Myriad and the other is Vedera. The Myriad opened the first few shows on the "Up in Arms" tour, which we're out on now. i heard someone compare them to Muse, and i thought that was pretty awesome (and appropriate). Kristen May from Vedera has a voice as big and beautiful as they come.

(Warning: Guys, you may fall in love)

Anyway, yes, all is well. Dinner is ready.

: )
jamie

ps: If you bump into the Eisley folks, tell them we would like much to be pals."

I think it's awesome that an organization like them is supporting Eisley.

For those who don't know what TWLOHA is, go here.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Nice! Thanks for sharing that. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

That's awesome!

"(Warning: Guys, you may fall in love)"
Laughing
fernster
Sea Post King

cool thanks.!! i will check out .

Well if your a guy and your an eisley fan its to late we
already fell in love. which one u may ask???Sorry I don't
kiss and tell. Wink

Last edited by fernster on Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

What the eff is TWLOHA?
fernster
Sea Post King

hahahahahahahahha that was funny!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
What the eff is TWLOHA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNH9rdflVMU&eurl=http://www.twloha.com/ index.php
norad
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

I can't actually watch videos on my computer currently.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

To Write Love on Her Arms is some group for depression and addiction and pain, from what the videos are saying.
chichen02

patrock wrote:

To Write Love on Her Arms is some group for depression and addiction and pain, from what the videos are saying.

It's a charity that raises awareness about preventing depression, cutting, drug use, suicide, etc. or if someone has a problem they can get help. I support it.
 |  | 
norad
Vintage Newbie

If depression is hereditary then how can it be prevented? It just sort of happens....
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

as someone who's had to deal with this $#@! for every single day of their entire life, i can't help but see groups like this with immediate distrust and animosity, especially when they don't actually do seem to do anything except get “hip” bands to wear their t-shirts and accept donations (which they then use primarily to market themselves and get even more donations, and, according to Wikipedia, to donate to other charities! huh?) still, i guess it's cool to see Eisley getting involved in stuff like this, i just wish it was for a less “hip” — and probably more important and effective — organization; as it is, it kind of just seems like band-wagon jumping to me (and not just for Eisley, but every band involved.)
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
fernster
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
If depression is hereditary then how can it be prevented? It just sort of happens....

maybe not prevented, but managed?

i'm quite thankful........I don't suffer from that,but i have friends who do.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I don't know anything about them. But as a recovering alcoholic almost 5 years sober, if they can help some people with their problems then it's a good thing. Obviously for other people it would be seen as b.s. as everyone deals with issues like depression, addiction, etc... in different ways. I went to AA some and that helped me (along with my wife's support).
As far as charities go, I think Autism Speaks does a lot of good work. But of course others would disagree. JDRF is another good group (for Diabetes research and support). I think it is a little hasty to jump all over this group which you probably never even heard of before today, or if you did probably knew little about. If they are trying to do good, then good.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i think they're trying to prevent things like addiction, suicide, etc, that stem from depression, not depression itself, but, again, all they really do (even according to their website!) is sell t-shirts, manage a MySpace account, court semi-famous bands to “support” their cause, and donate a very small portion of their donations to other charities (who will likely use an equally small portion of those donations to actually do anything!) to be honest, the more i think about it the more exploited i feel by it! i'm someone who suffers from this, and these people are saying they're here to “help” me, but they don't actually do anything to help, except sell $#@! t-shirts! what a bunch of assholes! just thinking about these losers has made me more depressed than i've been since, well, since i was last suicidal! isn't that wonderful?

oh, and i knew of them before, i just didn't get worked up enough about them until right now to really rant on them (although i came close a few times before when they were mentioned here.)

edit: but, i guess you're right: everyone deals in different ways, and, if this group does anything to help anyone i guess it's a good thing, but, still… i think there are much better charities to spend your money on if you're serious about helping people (probably including the charities they donate their donations to, which would be a much more direct and effective way of doing the exact same good! although, it probably won't come with a stylish t-shirt…)

edit 2: and, here's the only specific mention on their official site of any charity work i could find:

twloha.com wrote:
Q: Where does the money go?
A: TWLOHA gives 25% of all proceeds directly to treatment and recovery through the organizations listed below. Beyond that, we believe that all the work we do is important, not just donating to treatment and recovery. We have a small staff, and that includes part-time help who respond to MySpace messages and emails everyday. That's the heart of what we do. That's the most important piece, that interaction and being in a place to encourage people who are hurting. In so many cases, those are folks talking about these issues, sharing their struggles, asking for help, for the very first time. It's a privilege that we get to respond to those messages. We get opportunities to speak and be a part of different concerts, tours, events, etc. Warped Tour was obviously a huge example this summer, and we're already looking forward to next summer, so our team works to make those things happen. We're starting to focus more on our street team and ways we can equip people. We don't just want to equip them to promote TWLOHA.
We want to educate and encourage people so that they understand these issues, so they can walk with friends who are dealing with these things.

and, if you don't trust me, you can just go here and see for yourself.

do you see anything in there other than what i've described?
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida

goto page
 | next >>