Laughing City

Have you had any stressful situations (fights in the hall, disturbances, and the like)?
Yes... they're loud and annoying!
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
No... no problems.
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Seems like apartment life can be stressful... noisy neighbors with their dramas and whatnot... do you like/get along with your neighbors?
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I never hear my neighbors really. I live in a efficiency building, so everyone lives alone anyway. Those types of people tend to be more introverted anyway I suppose.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I got along with my neighbors well enough, though the neighborhood in general could be kind of sketchy. One guy was attacked one night up the street and came to my apartment complex, picked up my bike which was chained to the stairs outside, and banged it against the rails while he yelled for someone to call 911. Dude had a headwound and bled all over the place. That was a fun night. Confused

For the most part I've never had any major drama with neighbors.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
I got along with my neighbors well enough, though the neighborhood in general could be kind of sketchy. One guy was attacked one night up the street and came to my apartment complex, picked up my bike which was chained to the stairs outside, and banged it against the rails while he yelled for someone to call 911. Dude had a headwound and bled all over the place. That was a fun night. Confused

For the most part I've never had any major drama with neighbors.

Wow, geez. That beats anything I've experienced.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

In our first apartment, we could hear our neighbors very clearly through the wall... doing, well, everything.

In our last apartment, we just had problems with kids partying a lot. Tyler cops are pretty good about putting a stop to it. Also, our downstairs neighbor liked to give us cake and such, I miss her.. haha.. she made good cake.

johnip
Vintage Newbie

I lived in an apartment for 2 years or so and didn't have too much trouble. We were the noisy ones for the most part, and only one person came upstairs and yelled at us. Smile Then a few months later, she and her roommates almost burned the building down haha. It was on campus at my college and there were 4 roommates in each unit. The group of girls that caught their kitchen on fire also liked to smoke all day long on the balcony below us so we couldn't go out side or open our windows much. That was the most annoying part I'd say.
Sea Post King

Occasionally I can hear a woman, well, really having a good time, and there was a brawl in the apartment above mine once, but overall I don't have any complaints with my neighbors. My roommate, however...
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

the day my friend stewart was set to move into a new apartment there was a shootout with the cops and his next door neighbor. stewart's brand new apartment had bullet holes in the wood in the hallway outside :-/ his parents ( at the time we were 21 or 22 ) were not amused.
leighish
Vintage Newbie

when rob and I lived in the apartment, we didn't have hallways, each apt had it's own door to the outside, and if it was an upstairs apartment, they each had their own set of stairs inside. (please tell me you understand this, so many people do not get this and it's crazy.)

HOWEVER. we could hear the people who lived below us fighting ALL THE TIME. at 3am there would suddenly be shouting and a chorus of slamming doors. Considering how much we were paying for that apartment, I was kind of annoyed by how paper thin the walls seemed to be.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

leighish wrote:
when rob and I lived in the apartment, we didn't have hallways, each apt had it's own door to the outside, and if it was an upstairs apartment, they each had their own set of stairs inside. (please tell me you understand this, so many people do not get this and it's crazy.)

HOWEVER. we could hear the people who lived below us fighting ALL THE TIME. at 3am there would suddenly be shouting and a chorus of slamming doors. Considering how much we were paying for that apartment, I was kind of annoyed by how paper thin the walls seemed to be.

I think that's kind of where I am. We live in a "nice" area but I guess nice areas still have occasional unpleasant occurences. I'm really sick of people who don't even live here showing up at their friend's and causing scenes. I wanted to tell a loudmouth guy in the hall last night a piece of my mind.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Whoever lives upstairs in my girlfriends apartment need to learn how to walk softer. It sounds like there is a marching band up there, except without the music. And sometimes you hear it in the middle of the night. She calls them hippos.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

I don't know any of my neighbors and I've lived here for almost two years.
Don't really hear/see much of them. If it's really early in the morning and silent, I can sometimes hear the person above me running the shower or listening to the radio.

RachelDldy
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
Whoever lives upstairs in my girlfriends apartment need to learn how to walk softer. It sounds like there is a marching band up there, except without the music. And sometimes you hear it in the middle of the night. She calls them hippos.

Mm yes, hippos. My next door neighbors are loud walkers. They stomp around quite often. Our "computer room" is right next to their "entertainment room" apparently where they play catch with their 2 dogs and blast the TV/stereo. Their music was so loud the other night... we got them to quiet down by blasting our Van Halen Very Happy
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

I've never really had trouble living in my apt. except know who you roommates are. I got stuck with a bad one (it wasn't my choice), and I had to move out. My advice to anyone moving into an apt. is to stay in nice parts of town and don't let heroin addicts move in with you.