Laughing City
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

www.myspace.com/eisley

check it out, Boyd said on there, and i quote,

"It is my discerning, knowledgeable opinion that Eisley will deliver a spell-buckling smatterance of early thru current works... even adding a dash of unreleased precocio-swoon jams that haven't seen the air of day in years. Songs like... nah, i can't say Smile. Pre-production starts Monday (March 10) so (if you're reading this in 2011, nothing applies) I don't know what to tell you about what the tour shall be, shall be. I only know it's going to be special... in an ice melting, Spring kind of way. If you miss the only headlining tour for this record - "Combinations", you'll always regret it."

unreleased material, yay! hope it's along the lines of Queen of Leaves, i'd love to hear that updated. so many songs that they could to, i'd be happy with any of them, really.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Yesss!

I'm even more excited now.
alinicole
Sea Post King

According to the blog we can bring cameras, so this includes professional cameras right?
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
According to the blog we can bring cameras, so this includes professional cameras right?

I think that's up to each venue. I'd call ahead and ask.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Eisley always allows film and digital cameras, including SLRs (pro stuff). I think the only thing they ever restrict themselves are video cameras.

But yeah, it depends on the venues. For example, House Of Blues are Pure Evil, so it's not likely you'll get a pro camera in there without a pass. (And maybe sometimes even if you get one ... ) But there are other venues which will actually go with the wishes of bands and let everyone actually capture images of the show that don't make the place look like a fuzzy, low quality dive. Imagine that!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

Sweetness! I'm so excited-- all over again! It's like right when I think my anticipation for the tour can't get any higher (it's plateaued or something), some amazing news gets posted and I'm at a new level of happiness!

I really do believe this is going to be the best show because of the lineup, the setlist, and because of how much time has passed since seeing them last.

And I'm sooo excited about which old works song(s) they'll play... I'm crossing my fingers for Blackened Crown, Laughing City, or Queen of Leaves... but mainly all three 'cause I'm greedy!

I wish the HOB wasn't so balistically inclined to freakout over cameras...

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Did anyone else catch this?

boyd wrote:
If you miss the only headlining tour for this record - "Combinations", you'll always regret it.

That's not exciting. That's sad.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Well, to anyone going to the Lawrence, KS show: I got my Nikon D50 into Liberty Hall when I saw Imogen Heap. I didn't use my flash. That was the only rule for cameras it seemed. No flash. Very Happy So, I haven't been worried.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Saellys wrote:

boyd wrote:
If you miss the only headlining tour for this record - "Combinations", you'll always regret it.

I think it's more exciting than sad. It was their choice to take off 4 months, granted it turned out that the reason why was a major bummer. And they are choosing themselves to make a quick return to the studio. (Or I would think that's the obvious reason why.) I would have liked to have seen more support for the album, but overall, I think it's a mixed bag at worst.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I sorta regret missing every show they've ever done!! This will only be my second Sad
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Saellys wrote:

boyd wrote:

I think it's more exciting than sad. It was their choice to take off 4 months, granted it turned out that the reason why was a major bummer. And they are choosing themselves to make a quick return to the studio. (Or I would think that's the obvious reason why.) I would have liked to have seen more support for the album, but overall, I think it's a mixed bag at worst.

I think it's great that they are heading back into the studio, if indeed that is the reason. I just think the album deserves a lot more than one headlining tour, and whether it's the band's choice or the label's or a mix of both, it's sad that that won't happen.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
ks1990
Lost at Forum

so so jealous Twisted Evil ( Laughing )
mellon collie
Sea Post King

Quote:
Seems there's always an apology somewhere in every eis-blog. And often to BOSTON. We're SORRY. Club Paradise isn't all ages. 18+ leaves some of you out and that sucks. Once we discovered it, things were contractual. Our agent says next time around, the perfect all age club will be built.

aww thanks Boyd. we'll get over by the time you come back.

Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

Saellys wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
Saellys wrote:

boyd wrote:

I think it's great that they are heading back into the studio, if indeed that is the reason. I just think the album deserves a lot more than one headlining tour, and whether it's the band's choice or the label's or a mix of both, it's sad that that won't happen.

I don't think Boyd meant that there won't be any more headlining tours on this album cycle. Nobody knows exactly what will happen yet. Definitely no plans to go back to the studio at any specific time. I think the idea is that this tour is the album tour. Any subsequent tours are just their own deal. This tour is what the Summer Scenic tour was to Room Noises. I would imagine that there may yet be a Final Noise type tour with some of the new material.

BTW this particular tour is going to be amazing. A whole new level. Everybody is working crazy hard to make this amazing.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Kappa962 wrote:

BTW this particular tour is going to be amazing. A whole new level. Everybody is working crazy hard to make this amazing.

You know hints like these, along with Boyd's post is really hyping me up. Very Happy I was excited with the Hasselhoff blasting introduction of Final Noise, so I'm sure any production tricks will live up to the hype. Wink.