Laughing City
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I don't remember the exact date, but judging from where I was living, it must have been late 2003.

My friend James, who I dearly love, gave me copies of the laughing city ep and the marvelous things ep. He said he saw them with Brand New and that they sounded like angels. He was right.

I was instantly drawn to their vocals. They were "my style." The lyrics made me feel like it was okay to think about fairy tales, and dreams, and other sorts of whimsy.

Very soon after, I started writing my own music... and eventually performed those songs, and made a cd, and had some of the most fulfilling times of my life centered around those songs. I honestly don't think I would ever have done that if it weren't for my experience with Eisley.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

I went to login to Myspace in March 2005 (I was 16) and saw a picture of them on the front page. I thought, "cool, a chick band" and clicked on the picture. The first song that played was Lost At Sea and I thought she had a pretty voice and they reminded me of Coldplay. Then I clicked on Telescope Eyes and I vowed to get Room Noises the next time I went to Best Buy. I think I went the next day and bought it... I had high hopes for the rest of the cd. I remember the first time I heard Memories... I knew it was love. I listened to that cd for months without even knowing they were related, what their names were, or who sang what. Then I took a break from them for a few months and saw the tour dates for the Final Noise tour in early April 2006. I decided to check them out live, so I got back into Room Noises and bought/downloaded every other song they'd released. I was blown away by their live performance... and they've been my favorite band ever since! They completely changed my taste in music too.
Axon
Sea Post King

December '04, I believe. I heard about them through my friend, and he had found them on MySpace. January '05, I saw them live.

Love

mister_mime
Golly, Poster

I was sitting on my best buddy's couch, and we were watching music videos on TVU. it was a really long time ago. and the video for Marvelous Things came on (I didn't notice that it said "die" on Sherri's knees), and I was like, "oh, these people are really pretty. oh, this music is really cool." so then I *coughdownloadedcough* some songs. actually, at first the only one I could get was the Winter Song, and I just listened to that for forever. then I had other old ones, like Tree Tops and Mister Pine and stuff. after a while I was able to get their CD. and now they are one of my favorites. the end.
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

I was sitting in my dorm room when the "You Hear It First" segment came on MTV. I had my door open, and my friend came in and was like, "Wow, Eisley are on TV!" and burned me an Eisley mix CD right away. Kind of a double-whammy.

edit: And I'm not sure exactly when that would have been...2003?

Last edited by Retrovertigo on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
mellon collie
Sea Post King

i'm horrible with dates but it was shortly after room noises was released. the first two songs i had by them were marvelous things and telescope eyes. they were all i listened to for like months until i could get to the mall and buy their cd. then i only fell in love with their music more. hooray for eisley.
oh and hopefully i'll see them live for the first time in april.

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I was up some Saturday morning lazing around and flipping through the TV channels. A music show that was on syndication (BinTune or something catchy) was on and the "Marvelous Things" video started playing. It was just some voice over introduction to the group while the video played on the screen.

I didn't even listen to the voice over when it interjected periodiocally. To me (still) the music/video was so eerie yet light at the same time, that it immediately interested me. I looked up the band online, found the Head Against the Sky EP, immediately fell in love with that collection song by song, and became a "fan" just in time for the Final Noise Tour. Cool I still love that song/video...probably for that very reason of it being the first introduction to the group.
besky
Sea Post King

Like most of you guys, it was love at first listen for me Smile

I had just started playing in my friend's band, and he said I absolutely HAD to listen to this band, Eisley, because they are SO amazing. He went on about them for forever until I agreed to try them.

I was reluctant at first, so he basically forced me to listen to them. And when I finally did, I had never heard anything so angelic. I was instantly hooked.

I've been a loyal listener ever since (that was earlier this year, around November, I believe) and I simply can't wait for the April/May tour!

pollyanna87
Sea Post King

For me... it was late August 2005 and I had just started college. I was really homesick and I was thinking about dropping out, and then I heard "Lost At Sea" on some girl's myspace I had randomly found by looking at friends of friends of mine because I was really bored. I remember thinking like, "wow, i've never heard of anything that beautiful before." I then bought Room Noises and dove into the collection of other songs on OGG. It took about a month for Eisley to become my favorite favorite. I stayed in college and made all my new friends listen to Eisley. And now, it's my junior year and I'm still here.

--But the first time I actually saw Eisley was last Oct. (which makes me sad it has only been once), I took my best friend who is actually one of my first friends here at school that I made listen to them. Sooo... Eisley is really really special to me and my friends. We like bonded over them.
keeplookinup
Sea Post King

I went to Eisley's myspace page after the guys in Taking Back Sunday started talking about how great they were and how everyone should check them out. It was then that I realized that this was the same band that played "Telescope Eyes." 102.1 in Dallas used to play that song quite a bit a few years ago. So, very soon I went and bought Room Noises and since have seen them in concert several times.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I first heard Eisley, I believe in 2004, when Brand New was on a Fuse show and they played the "Marvelous Things" video because I believe they were touring together. I went to eisley.com, but for some reason, the site would not load. I was disappointed, but luckily in March 2005, Fuse played "Telescope Eyes" on their Oven Fresh show, and my interest was renewed. At Best Buy, I begged my dad to let me get two CDs, one was Room Noises. Luckily, he got it for me. I went home and listened to it, and fell in love. I was fascinated and completely addicted, and I dove right into everything I could find starting with live videos. It was a big shock when I saw Stacy singing Golly Sandra, as I hadn't caught that there were two different voices. Now Sherri and Stacy are completely distinct to me, and it's funny to remember that. I remember teaching myself the difference between Jonathan and Weston. I couldn't tell them apart at first. Razz I've had the idea for awhile to make a thread to the effect of "First Impressions of Eisley" because my first impressions, especially of the girls, were so far off. I thought Chauntelle looked mean! How insane is that! Luckily I learned the truth quickly. and So began my love affair with Eisley. Smile

I looked through my previous posts last night, and I found that I was 16 when I posted in the "Newbie" thread. I'm 19 now! Shocked

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
Last edited by guitargirl on Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fernster
Sea Post King

i would love to hear Boyd and Kims
thoughts on the 1st time they realized
that there was "something there"
Wouldn't we !!!! hee

fernster
Sea Post King

haha!!!

Totally Guitargirl!!
it drove me crazy for to long trying to figure out who sang not
only which song BUT which part in any given song!!!!!
Of course now its pretty distinct..That made it really fun i must say
and added to the richness of the whole discovery part of
the band.

Ralph
Sea Post King

A friend of mine actually gave me a cd, august last year. well she told me to listen to it because it has a lot of great songs on it. I didn't really care then so I just threw it in a pile in my room. it was October when i felt the urge to listen. I tried to sleep while listening to the cd. Everything on the cd was just 'meh' for me. But in one glorious moment, i heard golly sandra.

been high on eisley ever since.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

fernster wrote:
haha!!!

Totally Guitargirl!!
it drove me crazy for to long trying to figure out who sang not
only which song BUT which part in any given song!!!!!
Of course now its pretty distinct..That made it really fun i must say
and added to the richness of the whole discovery part of
the band.

I even made a chart of the songs and wrote who sings what...and I still have that somewhere. Cool

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger