Laughing City
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

Sooo, does anyone know how we can pay for the merchandis on tour? Will they only accept cash do can I use my credit card as well???
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I am pretty sure it's going to be cash only, judging by past tours.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

It's very rare that artists accept anything other than cash at shows, 'cause cards take too long to process and often have merchant charges. I recommend bringing extra cash in case they have something awesome you weren't expecting.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

ok sweet. how much cash shud i bring? well, how expensive are the merchandise genrally? i'm planning to buy a 1-2 posters, buttons, stickers??? mostly the small stuff... id on't want to bring TOO much money w/ me but then again, i don't want to be shortchanged if do see something i really want...
johnip
Vintage Newbie

The t-shirts are gonna be $20. No clue on the other stuff.
Vintage Newbie

emilytheanteater wrote:
ok sweet. how much cash shud i bring? well, how expensive are the merchandise genrally? i'm planning to buy a 1-2 posters, buttons, stickers??? mostly the small stuff... id on't want to bring TOO much money w/ me but then again, i don't want to be shortchanged if do see something i really want...

Stickers and buttons will be cheapest... A buck or two for a sticker, maybe $3-5 for a button pack. Posters might be five or ten dollars, or if you're lucky they'll be taped up all over the venue and you can just pull one off the wall and get it signed. Boyd says shirts will be $20 this time around, and I expect hoodies will be $30 or $35. Those are mostly just guesstimates based on my own experience, though. Smile

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I don't buy buttons but I seem to remember it was 5 buttons for $5 on past tours. You may find free stickers and posters, as well as the pay variety, depending on if any of the free stuff is still floating around out there.
Kayci
Golly, Poster

I think it'll be cash, but a lot of venues have ATM machines (though they often charge a fee).
norad
Vintage Newbie

At the Imogen Heap show in 2006 (at Liberty Hall in Lawrence, KS) her merch people had credit card machine things.
woman4life
Golly, Poster

A lot of bands have credit card machines, but more don't have them.
Sherwood has one, The Fold has one, Mute Math has one (or they did at Warped Tour), some bigger bands have them. But quite a few bands that play in smaller clubs do not have credit card capability.

I would bring at least $20-25. That way if you decide on a tee you can get one. Unless you think you might want a hoodie, and then bring $40 to be safe.

--Melanie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I agree with everyone's posting so far (don't count on using a credit card, bring extra cash just in case) but barring the event that you'll catch the very beginning of the tour you can expect exact specifics as the tour happens and other people report in.