Laughing City

Your feelings on Coldplay
I love them.
36%
 36%  [ 39 ]
I dispise them.
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
I like some of the stuff they do, but not everything.
57%
 57%  [ 61 ]
Que es Coldplay?
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 107

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id =1003788558

this sounds very promising to me. i dig Parachutes and i liked some of the songs on the second one. i never got the third record. Speed of Sound sounded a bit too familiar. i just hope Chris works on his lyrics and does not go for the simple rhyme every time.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 6826 | Location: Gilmer, Tejas
Last edited by bigideas on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I have never been way into them, but they make some nice music. I don't find the third album to be nearly offensive as some people do. They've never sounded like they have changed to me, so I don't see that as being a new problem. ha ha.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

There's not much that can make me optimistic for Coldplay's future at this point. I seem to recall that before X & Y came out, everyone was gushing about how "experimental" it was. That article is not encouraging. If I'm reading it right, "Life In Technicolor" and "The Escapist" are the same song and "42" wants to be "Paranoid Android". At least this time around, maybe we'll be able to hear what Johnny Buckland and Guy Berryman are playing (but since Brian Eno produced it I'm not holding my breath).

I'll check it out when it leaks and maybe buy it if it's better than X & Y.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

i think most people will vote that they like some stuff but not others. I think there best album is still rush of blood. Like most people, i never got into x & y. Ill check out there new album when its out, but i am not hopeful.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

In b4 "you know how I know you're gay?"
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
There's not much that can make me optimistic for Coldplay's future at this point. I seem to recall that before X & Y came out, everyone was gushing about how "experimental" it was. That article is not encouraging. If I'm reading it right, "Life In Technicolor" and "The Escapist" are the same song and "42" wants to be "Paranoid Android". At least this time around, maybe we'll be able to hear what Johnny Buckland and Guy Berryman are playing (but since Brian Eno produced it I'm not holding my breath).

I'll check it out when it leaks and maybe buy it if it's better than X & Y.

I read about an article where they had a full more experimental record, but then re-recorded everything - in regards to X & Y.

I think I like Parachutes the most because it's very echo-y and almost sounds like it was recorded like a jazz record (I'm speaking strictally sonically). Rush was ok. My favorite was the Kid A-ish track that no one else seemed to like. I heard a few songs from X & Y and never had the desire to get it.

i think i misspelled despise didn't i? oh well.

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I like X & Y. It's soothing, but not in a somnolent way!
jabberjaw_04
Golly, Poster

ooo this is exciting I love Coldplay
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

I've always thought Coldplay were ok. Was never a really big fan, but definitely didn't see what was so wrong with X&Y.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

guitarfreak217 wrote:
I've always thought Coldplay were ok. Was never a really big fan, but definitely didn't see what was so wrong with X&Y.

i never had the desire to throw down some cash on it (i never did with Rush either), but if someone burned me a copy i'd definitely give it a listen.

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Well, i loved the first two albums a lot! And i have a lot of the eps. And i got to see them live in 2003! Smile
Last edited by Unregistered on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Unregistered wrote:
Well, i loved the first two albums a lot! And i have a lot of the eps. And i got to see them live in 2003! MossEisley opened with wowing! Smile

i forgot about that. i bought one of the Rush ep's, maybe God Put a Smile, because it had some cool sounding b-sides, live track(s) and video(s) and it was rather cheap i thought.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

While there are plenty of their songs that I am absolutely in love with, there are just as many where I am sort of like, "This is okay...but I don't need to listen to it." I am, however, excited for this next album. I found X&Y to be quite enjoyable.

On the other hand, I hate that there are only 10 tracks on it. Seriously.

Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Awesome! Can't wait until June! Which of those songs is supposed to be the "greatest song ever" though?
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

i love them.
screw everyone, i thought X&Y was wonderful.

and this whole "radiohead knock off" label? i don't like radiohead..and i don't see/hear the connection except for the whole conceited frontman thing... Laughing

goto page
 | next >>